Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When he comes back into the side he MUST play as a centre square mid.

He actually does his best work in close & as a first receiver. When he was killing it at GC its where he was playing.

Its too easy for him to get lost in no mans land when he is playing on the wing.

Rotate him and Higgins across half forward and the team will be better for it.

He actually does his best work in close & as a first receiver. When he was killing it at GC its where he was playing.

Its too easy for him to get lost in no mans land when he is playing on the wing.

I don't mind him on the wing but I agree with this as well. He has to be in the middle at least a few bounces a game quarter.

Yep, can be the "burst" option we are desperate need of in the centre square bounce set up.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aaron Hall is many things but when has ever been a turnover merchant?

Can only assume this is based on some performances this year when he played in a dysfunctional team unit. He could go missing or be a bit unaccountable at GC but his disposal was usually pretty sharp.
Quite obviously you havent watched his inside 50 efficiency as closely as I have.. someone on this board could bring up his D/E by foot and his inside 50 efficiency

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Quite obviously you havent watched his inside 50 efficiency as closely as I have.. someone on this board could bring up his D/E by foot and his inside 50 efficiency

This season right? The season where the midfield was grossly unaccountable and the whole team was playing lethargic yet panic riddled footy when he was in the side?

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This season right? The season where the midfield was grossly unaccountable and the whole team was playing lethargic yet panic riddled footy when he was in the side?
Im not basing it off anything else bud, I can only judge him on what he's put on the table and im not saying he was a lone, fairly evident we've been more competitive without him too

Edit: Happy to be proven wrong too, if he comes in and has a blinder, i'll put my hand up and say i got it wrong..

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we need his dash.

Where to play him is the issue.

Maybe play him centre and ball hunting, as he seems to get lost in other roles.

Back