Prediction Round 9: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
i'm assuming that with Fantasia and Smith out they felt Nyhuis wasn't needed this week and opted for more run/polish in Duman. don't agree with it but * it, happy to see Colyer out and Blakely in. Big chance of a win if we can turn up from the first bounce and avoid an ambush

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Far be it for me to query the intellectuals that manage to make all these insightful posts I've been reading lately, but the blockhead that is yours truly looks at it this way - it's a fan forum, during which week by week people primarily comment on what they saw in the most recent game and what they expect for the upcoming game. Unbelievably unsophisticated I know, but there you have it.
So perhaps, just perhaps, if you want to look at longitudinal trends over time, rather than the microvariations on a week to week basis, the low brow world of big footy isn't for you.

Apologies for providing a thoughtful response. Quite enjoy big footy though mate and have for years. I just find some of the catastrophising about as smart as the people who sit behind me at the footy - man up man up get on a man, why are you standing 15 metres away?! Kick it just kick it.. why did you kick it straight to the spare man FFS... now man up ... get it and Kick it...

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm also surprised to see nyhuis out as he has been playing well, but seriously overrated player on here
What pisses me off most is Lobb again first ruck, bloody ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 28, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
The last time I checked I’m pretty sure nyhuis kept Shia Bolton to a 16 posse 4 goal near bog,Career high performance . So yeh pretty sure a demotion was warranted.
And 5 disposals for himself. Sorry, but Duman is a much better field kick and a better player. Happy with these changes, I don’t think Colyer has offered us much.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
You would think Ethan Hughes is just marking time until Logue is fit to go.
Hughes or Duman - Hughes a better athlete, Duman a better kick. Will be interesting to see who locks down the possie long term, although there are always injuries and suspensions.

I would think Logue would be back before the bye, it will be good to see him build confidence and swagger.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Hughes or Duman - Hughes a better athlete, Duman a better kick. Will be interesting to see who locks down the possie long term, although there are always injuries and suspensions.

I would think Logue would be back before the bye, it will be good to see him build confidence and swagger.

Logue in for Hughes, Stephen Hill in for Duman

A man can dream

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The last time I checked I’m pretty sure nyhuis kept Shia Bolton to a 16 posse 4 goal near bog,Career high performance . So yeh pretty sure a demotion was warranted.
I am not at all sure he was on Bolton for his first two goals. But no doubt he had a shocker, along with the rest of the backline and most of the team.

It does not change my view that he has done enough to earn a reasonable opportunity to cement himself in the team.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh boy. I feel Nyhuis should have stayed in to play on Tippa. He's something of a 'bomber barometer' (been waiting all year to use that one lol!). Nyhuis has been very good some games and others at least serviceable.

When Tippa plays well the bombers play well. Hope this one doesn't bite us.

I do like Duman though.

Still feel we might be a bit too tall for the bombers and marvel. Tall can work if you're skillful enough but typically we are not.
I'm anxious.

Happy to see the back of Colyer though. He's been poor. Good call.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I'm not surprised Nyhuis is dropped. Some saying he wasn't the worst, I'd say he was comfortably the worst of our back 6 - maybe Wilson giving him a run for some poor form, but he has that pedigree, attacking run and dash which is vital for us that Nyhuis likely never will.

No probs with Duman coming back in for him. Nyhuis got ahead of himself, didn't stay goal side when he needed to and was exposed. He'll learn and come back better or Duman will take off and we wont lose anything. No problems with it at all AFAIC.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
We’re going to regret not dropping Cox!!!! Marvel stadium, Saad running out of their backline..with Hogan, Tabs and Cox in the same fwd50 applying their version of pressure.

Could possibly get very ugly. You would imagine bombers rebounders licking their lips looking at the team sheet.

You can’t have Cox and Tabs in the same team. Just like Lobb and Darcy.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
The West had him as playing on Higgins and keeping him goalless. As I haven't seen a replay and wasn't at the game I can't be sure who was on who. (fwiw I thought he was on Bolton). But if you were genuinely going to have integrity in selection, Alex Pearce should have been the first to be dropped after his game on Lynch. But we all know one shocker from certain players doesn't count whereas one (possibly) sub par game by others, does.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
The West had him as playing on Higgins and keeping him goalless. As I haven't seen a replay and wasn't at the game I can't be sure who was on who. (fwiw I thought he was on Bolton). But if you were genuinely going to have integrity in selection, Alex Pearce should have been the first to be dropped after his game on Lynch. But we all know one shocker from certain players doesn't count whereas a sub par game by others, does.

Luke Ryan was on Bolton and gave zero respect to his opponent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back