Preview Round 9, 2019 Lions V Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Witherden gets a game each week has become a joke, Absolutely zero effort when defending and also no clue what he is doing also his kicking isn't that great creates a lot of stupid turnovers. Not sure how Cutler gets dropped over Witherden and Rayner.

Shocking ins just makes us taller and even more slower, how has Fagan not see whats been going wrong in all our losses we have no outside spread or speed and way too slow down back.

Crows by a easy 26.

With Bailey, Taylor and Cutler now out in consecutive weeks, we have lost a fair of speed.

Interesting to see how the team responds. Fagan would have given them an absolute bake last week.
I was thinking that too but the Crows aren't a side that is noted for their speed so it shouldn't be as big an issue as it could have been against some other sides.

McCarthy and Rayner no doubt are, but they've also delivered more times than they've failed this year. That counts for something. Rayner averaging 1.6 a game countd for something and if he gets back to form this week his spot remains his. McCarthy equally has to play a link up/pressure role better and we know his best makes him one of the first picked. He's slumped a little but is the classy type of player bounce back.

Cameron had two very good games followed by a game he struggled. Absolutely no risk of losing his spot

When Cameron first rocked up at the club in 2018 he was making 3 or 4 efforts every play. Was running past his teammates to make tackles.

These days he sits around in the forward line and goes for mark of the year or cheapies out the back. He needs to do the stuff off the ball again because he was our best pressure player by a mile last year.

They are all kicking goals but we also have one of the worst defences in the league and it starts in the forward line when players are just allowed to stroll it out. Was one of the main reasons we lost last week.

If Fages has given them all one last chance I'm cool but if they play selfish footy again somebody needs to get dropped.

Not suggesting all should be dropped. Just those names have had rather average games of late and have all been on the chopping block this week in the eyes of many on our board. Cutler I don't think has been mentioned as a possible out. Yet here we are. Seems a disconnect there somewhere.
I agree the others are under the pump. Dont think cutlers offered too much from a small sample.

Keays for one of Rayner, McCarthy could be an option soon.

Disgraceful that cutler gets dropped but spuds like mcstay who do nothing week in week out and can’t hit the side of a barn door keeps getting picked .

The irony in this is that Cutler was the one who turned it over more last week and absolutely s**t himself under pressure.

I would of preferred Ben Keays in instead of Rhys Matheison, happy to see Hinge in.
Mathos inside work was pritty good in the opening games. Noticed his spread was better too. Love the mungral he shows it's kinda like a genuine mungral. Keays on the other hand hasnt got that mungral. Suspect Keays will come in for an underperforming forward unless Rayner Linc and charlie kick 2 each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I questioned the Coaching/Selectors a couple of weeks ago. With what I have seen with all games this season except against West Coast we have struggled in all games since. We are playing players that are not getting the ball, etc. Players getting dropped eg. Culter are not the worst that we are playing. Low stats players are Oscar, Rayner, Cameron and a couple more. How many games are these players going to get before they wake up. I laugh when I see Culter might not be reaching his KPI's. What about these blokes that are still getting a game - they are way off their KPI's. Congrats to Mitch Hinge - hope you go well.

Keays is stiff but other than that, I’m rather happy with those changes! Stoked to see Hinge get a go! This kid has a fair amount of polish about him and he reminds me a bit of Crips with slightly better disposal. Keays will get a run soon enough! There is a fair amount of talent between Linc, Rayner and Cameron so it’s a tricky position to squeeze into. He just needs to continue to show he is worthy of a spot!!

The forwards would be under a lot of pressure to perform, but when they're on we're the highest scoring team in the comp. That is worth remembering. I suggest this week is an important one if you're Rayner and McCarthy. A bad game here will lead to an axing.
Are they really? Cameron and Rayner have barely done anything in at least half the games they've played this year and barely offer anything outside of I50 when they're moved up the ground. They've had multiple "bad" games this year that haven't led to axing's, so why would this week be any different if they don't do anything. The message it must be sending to the likes of Keays would surely be confusing. At least McCarthy does offer more up the ground when he is moved outside of the I50, but again, he too hasn't done a lot in multiple games, but still doesn't get dropped. Not for Tommy Cutler though.

Witherden should not be dropped. He's become a bit of a whipping boy around here but he plays his roll well. He certainly needs to get his defensive work at a better level but he plays the zones well and is a very good kick of the footy.

I don't agree whatsoever re the above about Witherden. Forwards would light up at the prospect of playing on Witherden. He isn't physical, doesn't like contact and isn't a hard runner and his kicking IMO is overrated. But along with Rayner, he's another of Fagan's pets that is like Teflon and will never be dropped, hence that some guys like Cutler are held to completely different standard. But hey, at least we brought Mathieson in.:rolleyes:

I'm happy for Hinge; deserves his spot. Walker should never have been dropped in the first place, but still amazed we're going in with McInerney when the Crows are light on for big men, plus he's another that has done SFA in recent weeks.

Yeah not happy about Keays. His cards must be marked because he's in brilliant form and our small forwards are in awful form but he still can't get a look in.

Or maybe kicking 3-4 goals a week in a team winning by 15 goals each week isn't that impressive.

Interesting to note that last week we dropped a bloke (Walker ) who has been in the AFL team of the week this year.

This week we drop Lester, who did several good things right in front of me last week in Ballarat. Cutler also has not been awful.

Gentlemen we are getting better but the decisions are getting difficult.

Another glass of Wynns Black Label Cab may help my definitive posting on the ins and outs but I may fall asleep on the couch instead.

I questioned the Coaching/Selectors a couple of weeks ago. With what I have seen with all games this season except against West Coast we have struggled in all games since. We are playing players that are not getting the ball, etc. Players getting dropped eg. Culter are not the worst that we are playing. Low stats players are Oscar, Rayner, Cameron and a couple more. How many games are these players going to get before they wake up. I laugh when I see Culter might not be reaching his KPI's. What about these blokes that are still getting a game - they are way off their KPI's. Congrats to Mitch Hinge - hope you go well.
How did they react to your questioning?

We've got a pretty stacked backline with Andrews, Walker, Gardiner, Hodge, Witherden, Rich, Answerth and Hinge playing.

We've got a pretty stacked backline with Andrews, Walker, Gardiner, Hodge, Witherden, Rich, Answerth and Hinge playing.

Maybe a few will have stints on the Wing Cutler was occupying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back