Remove this Banner Ad

I would hope that, fitness up to scratch of course, that he
plays a couple of games for us from round 18 on regardless of
whether or not finals are a chance.

A year without an AFL match is too long. It would be good
for Tom take the pressure off having a year out with a few return
games this year.

Jaegar O'Meara had a couple of games at the end of 2017 to relieve
the pressure of returning in a new season after a long layoff.

I would hope that, fitness up to scratch of course, that he
plays a couple of games for us from round 18 on regardless of
whether or not finals are a chance.

A year without an AFL match is too long. It would be good
for Tom take the pressure off having a year out with a few return
games this year.

Jaegar O'Meara had a couple of games at the end of 2017 to relieve
the pressure of returning in a new season after a long layoff.
Could come back and help Box Hill win another flag. Lazy 60 touches in the VFL GF.

So, what are the implications of us not using our Mid-year draft selection? Does this leave the door open for Tommy to come back this year?

So, what are the implications of us not using our Mid-year draft selection? Does this leave the door open for Tommy to come back this year?

If we were to have made a selection it would have been to replace Mohr on the list.

Would have had no impact for Mitchell at all 😁

Not sure what to make of this but in the below article Clarko says that Tom Mitchell is still a chance to play this year but it's highly unlikely whatever that means 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being Tom mitchell, get the year off and get to come back to an improved Jaeger, and rapidly improving Worpel, a fully fit wingard, a rapidly improving young key forward in Lewis, with great defenders behind him such as Sicily, Hardwick and Impey, the latter of those whom has really improved and solidified himself in the team while Tom has been out. Other players such as Howe, TOB, cousins, nash, glass picking up the pace too. Scully comes in and plays right from the get-go, he's missed 1? game this season. Veterans such as Burgoyne, Shiels, Mcevoy, Frawley, staying strong. He's watching Birchall making a strong comeback, he's seen Scrimshaw starting the year so well. Tom would have a front row seat watching how great hawthorn is.

Imagine being Tom mitchell, get the year off and get to come back to an improved Jaeger, and rapidly improving Worpel, a fully fit wingard, a rapidly improving young key forward in Lewis, with great defenders behind him such as Sicily, Hardwick and Impey, the latter of those whom has really improved and solidified himself in the team while Tom has been out. Other players such as Howe, TOB, cousins, nash, glass picking up the pace too. Scully comes in and plays right from the get-go, he's missed 1? game this season. Veterans such as Burgoyne, Shiels, Mcevoy, Frawley, staying strong. He's watching Birchall making a strong comeback, he's seen Scrimshaw starting the year so well. Tom would have a front row seat watching how great hawthorn is.
He might be wondering how much better they could be if he broke his other leg.

We are lining our ducks up.

Coniglio maneuvering is a GO
Yeah, I recall the Tigers last year were restructuring their TPP with a few signings. I thought at the time Lynch had knocked their offer back but in hindsight they must've known he committed to them. Hoping the same ;)

The thread should be changed to "Tom Mitchell Not if but when" he is coming back, get bloody excited, no matter if we get coniglio or not, having Tom Mitchell makes us a 4 goal better side and gives the rotation some great flexibility.

Yeah, I recall the Tigers last year were restructuring their TPP with a few signings. I thought at the time Lynch had knocked their offer back but in hindsight they must've known he committed to them. Hoping the same ;)
Shouldn't hear any whinging about Hawthorn yet again signing up a free agent since we're a bottom 4 team.

Great news re Tom. Hope it is partly a restructure due to Cogs. If nothing else than to see Kane Cornes, Wayne Carey and others melt like all buggery.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back