ATP/WTA Madrid and Rome

Remove this Banner Ad

Nadal is struggling against Chardy. Won the first set 6-0 but is 30-30 serving in the first game of the 2nd!

Osaka needs 1 more win to remain #1 going into the French Open.

If she can manage that, she will overtake Capriati and Jankovic for most weeks at #1 and draw level with Clijsters.

If she is still #1 after the French Open, she will overtake Maria Sharapova and Tracy Austin.

Scrap what I said above, Halep just lost so Naomi will remain #1 and can now extend her points lead

Kyrgios just got defaulted in his match against ruud. From twitter.

Kyrgios gets broken at 1-2 in the third set, complains (again) about people walking while he's serving, gets penalty game, throws racket, throws chair on court, retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiki Mladenovics form has already improved already under her new coach. She just beat Bencic. Being on Clay might be helping as well.
Made short work of Barty as well. She could go far this week. Sakkari next after Kvitova retired in the third. Isn't her new coach Osaka's ex?? Plus playing only singles here and Madrid. Babos been in a couple of ITF tournaments. So maybe she's prioritizing singles.

One thing I'll give Nick is at least he's not your typical boring robotic sportsmen, barely any colourful characters left in professional sport in this day and age.

He can be as colourful as he likes as long as he actually puts in the effort in his matches.

Give it a year or two and he'll be assaulting heckling supporters at Challenger events.

Nick is not white, make of that what you will.

And one issue I would like cleared up that I think is really important. Is Nick a father? Does he have a daughter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back