Prediction New Club Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

*Moving post from other thread.*

Don't want to turn this thread into Davy Jones locker room but these are pretty simple.

165138_8fa1ce7a07ad54b06619ff25acc10bff-jpg.323436

241760_2603d74f6f61ba53489ef3a2e540222c-jpg.323439

I love that second logo. That is sensational!

Of all the threads on BF, this Minor topic of logos has highlighted to me that certain individuals appear fine to effortlessly disregard tradition and the heritage of Port Adelaide for what I do not know.. The magpie emblem for Port Adelaide is NOT that insignificant in this new age and not just attached to the Port Magpies. It is part of who we are. The logo, the colors are just 2 things that link the club in the two competitions together.

As a traditionalist, I find some flippant comments on this thread disrepectful to our proud tradition. Discussing appropriate logos that represent who we are as a united club while suggesting removal of the logo that has always represented us. What irony. What ********.

. I'm out of here. I've had enough of BF. Signing off.good luck. Have fun. See you at Alberton this week. (Sarcasm intended).

I’ll resume taking our history seriously as soon as the club does.

Of all the threads on BF, this Minor topic of logos has highlighted to me that certain individuals appear fine to effortlessly disregard tradition and the heritage of Port Adelaide for what I do not know.. The magpie emblem for Port Adelaide is NOT that insignificant in this new age and not just attached to the Port Magpies. It is part of who we are. The logo, the colors are just 2 things that link the club in the two competitions together.

As a traditionalist, I find some flippant comments on this thread disrepectful to our proud tradition. Discussing appropriate logos that represent who we are as a united club while suggesting removal of the logo that has always represented us. What irony. What ********.

. I'm out of here. I've had enough of BF. Signing off.good luck. Have fun. See you at Alberton this week. (Sarcasm intended).
Strange post to username differential.

Notsreifsrs.gif

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have always had this idea in my head as a favourite, partly because i think it is the best way to blend the old and the new (teal and lightning bolt motifs) without it feeling forced or tacky.

Anyone who looks at it instantly knows the story of our club and the bars

5 mins in photoshop:
View attachment 675059
Just needs a magpie st on the wharf or flying over.

Port Adelaide is stronger than Port IMO.

If you say you go for Port, do you get the you support Port Power back from them?

I hate that we had to run with Port Power for 3 years to differentiate ourselves from Port Magpies. Both should have been Port Adelaide. In the AFL we should have been Port Adelaide or just Port, but not Port Power. But nobody in the history of a national sporting competition in the world that I'm aware of was forced to split into 2 and go thru the his BS, so we learnt on the job and made a few errors in the early days.

I think it's time to get over it. If I yell out "carn Port!" at the footy, do I expect someone to tap me on the shoulder and say "do you mean Port Power?"

We know Port means Port Adelaide. Port Adelaide is a geographical location, Port Power isn't. It's just such a non issue at this point I don't know why anyone still talks about it.

Nah, Port is fine. Ever heard anyone talk about 'the Dockers'? They're always Freo or Fremantle.

I call them the dockers. We’ll be the only club without a nickname & open to redicule. I think we’ve broken enough AFL records for the wrong reason. Just curious, what would you chant at a game ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always had this idea in my head as a favourite, partly because i think it is the best way to blend the old and the new (teal and lightning bolt motifs) without it feeling forced or tacky.

Anyone who looks at it instantly knows the story of our club and the bars

5 mins in photoshop:
View attachment 675059

There’s the bones of a decent idea in this one.

What I like about the current power logo is the way it has the black and white prison bars as part of it, why they put that hideous teal above it is anyone's guess. Would look so much better all black and white.

We have to fight to retain as much black and white, as much of the old traditional port adelaide as we can. Lose it now it's gone forever.

I want to piss everyone off with a bold eff you this is what got us here, this is who we are to the rest of the comp.

Port Adelaide is stronger than Port IMO.

If you say you go for Port, do you get the you support Port Power back from them?

I hate that we had to run with Port Power for 3 years to differentiate ourselves from Port Magpies. Both should have been Port Adelaide. In the AFL we should have been Port Adelaide or just Port, but not Port Power. But nobody in the history of a national sporting competition in the world that I'm aware of was forced to split into 2 and go thru the his BS, so we learnt on the job and made a few errors in the early days.

There wouldn't have been anybody that predicted the confusion it was going to cause but the club didn't run with 'Port Power' to differentiate itself from 'Port Magpies' or because it had to. The club opted to emphasise the 'Port' as a point of difference to Adelaide FC but not with the intention to cease being acknowledged as the Port Adelaide FC. The club always officially addressed itself as Port Adelaide. After three years the club decided the confusion and misleading identity was not being helped by the logo including 'Port'. They knew the confusion was undermining our history on the national stage and so they removed the 'Port' and officially informed the AFL and media to address the club correctly.

We may change the logo for longer than just 2020 but the nickname will remain the same. We still need a nickname and 'Power' has been popular amongst the young impressionable kids.

I think its more of a case of it being a very difficult thing to sort out, so whilst that's happening have some hors d'ouerves.
Mate, my personal definition of ‘very difficult’ equates to ‘impossible’.
This is not impossible and is therefore, in my one-eyed opinion, not very difficult.
Let’s start by getting the right Club people into the act, publicly - George Fiacchi and Tim Ginever.
Their track record is impressive.

Soccer in Europe has divisions with promotion and relegation. We don't have that here. Therefore over there, with only so many viable colour variations and combinations, you can't exactly turn around and say nope, only Juventus is going to wear black and white vertical stripes. This is Australia though, and a different code, and we only have a national competition with 18 fixed teams, no relegation or promotion system and we almost never have such a system in the AFL. And even in Aussie rules lower leagues, is there two teams that wear the jumpers with the same predominant feature in the same colours? in our case it's the black and white bars obviously.

I'm all for wearing OUR wharf pylons, since they differ from Collingwoods bars but holy crap man some of you people act as if before 1902 our players were running around stark naked on the field.

But I also think if this is a rebrand of the logo by the club, then they should go a step or two further.

The American leagues are closed ones, but teams share similar colors. The blue-red-white combination is absurdly common, for instance.

In college sports, the SEC Conference has THREE teams named "Tigers". Nobody cares.

In the MLS, there are three teams called "United" (two are also black and red - DC and Atlanta), and two teams are called "City". No issue (even though, as a DC supporter, I didn't like when Atlanta did it; still, it is their problem; not ours).

No problem. I am not good at drawing. The final product is irrelevant. Someone more talented than me can make a better job. I am more interested on its premises.

I was trying to point a direction. I was aiming at our beginning, something that could give us a sense of "foundation" which would allow us moving forward. I was focusing on unity, something that could gives a sense of "togetherness" which would allow us embrace diversity and expand our brand.

I wanted something that could simultaneously fit into: (a) 1870 and our glorious SANFL past; (b) 1997 and our move to the AFL; (c) 2010 and the "One Club" movement; (d) 2015 and our community work and Chinese endeavor; and (e) beyond and anything that we might do from now on.

That "Port Adelaide 1870" black-and-white roundel was the best idea I had.

"I believe that the common identity for everything related to PAFC should be based on the colours black and white. Even though the club and both teams, each would have its own logo, they would all have something in common: a black roundel with 'Port Adelaide 1870' inscript in white letters.

The roundel is simple, and its possibilities are endless. Anything that PAFC could possibly think about doing, it would be able to use the roundel as a kind of signature. It accepts anything in the middle, be it drawing, text, or colour."

"I believe that the common identity for everything related to PAFC should be based on the colours black and white. Even though the club and both teams, each would have its own logo, they would all have something in common: a black roundel with 'Port Adelaide 1870' inscript in white letters.

The roundel is simple, and its possibilities are endless. Anything that PAFC could possibly think about doing, it would be able to use the roundel as a kind of signature. It accepts anything in the middle, be it drawing, text, or colour."
I like the idea of the roundel perhaps being adapted into a ship's wheel

I like the idea of the roundel perhaps being adapted into a ship's wheel
Your comment reminded me of this badge:
eb9cfd1b470f7f8d484934188ad640a9.png

It wasn't my inspiration, but it is similar to what I have done.

P.S: I'm sorry for its size. I didn't know it was too big. On the phone, it is OK. Now, on the computer, I saw it is humongous. o_O

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back