FTA-TV Survivor 38 'Edge of extinction'

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s on 7mate on Tuesdays
Yeah... they switched it from 7:30pm to 10:30pm this week. This season is fantastic. I guess I like it because I know all of the contestants. It's good seeing the BB contestants from some of my favourite seasons. I can't believe that I've been watching all of those shows for so long(at least until I moved back here two years ago - I miss Big Brother. It seemed to be the unofficial start of summer back in the states.)

Spat my drink out lolololol

I think taking Joe out is a really stupid move. Not only is he very likely to re-enter, but he now has the opportunity to live with and build positive relationships with the jury in a non game environment. He will feed and support them and re-enter the game having never voted for Reem or Chris and being the only person really loyal to Aubry.

Dumb, dumb, dumb AF.
So if you take out the name Joe from here and swap it with Chris, we have the exact scenario I was dreading.

Bunch of narcissists, had to have someone win who didn't make them feel like losers or diminish their experience as the winner.

Would the edge of extinction been better if it had ceased just after the merge?

After Devens came back in they announced there’ll be one more opportunity, but didn’t think it would be this late (ie, someone is coming back in the final episode and will be in the final 5 or 6).

This. It's hard enough to accept a winner who has had their torch snuffed, but it's even harder when he played about 5 days of actual Survivor. Feels very weird.

May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Jeff really needs to be fired as a producer. He has been a consistent supporter of this twist type and if there hadn't been such a backlash against Redemption Island, it probably would've been a consistent part of the game. Despite the backlash he has continued to push retooled versions of the same concept, seemingly oblivious or straight up not caring, how receptive the audience is going to be to his baby, nor have they even thought about eliminating the issue of running it post-Merge and giving someone a free spot in the final episode. That this has finally happened isn't the surprise, only that one of his faves didn't benefit from it - I'm legitimately surprised nobody got a leg-up like at the merge challenge.

I don't think anybody has ever had 4 distinct advantages coming into the final 6 - an idol, being the only person in the game to know where another idol is, having the gigantic advantage of being able to colour the jury in a way no other Survivor has been given by being sequestered with most of them for a month (and given the unique nature of the jury, being the only Survivor ever to have met the entire jury whilst his opponents haven't), and on top of that he is the only person to know precisely what he can and more importantly can't do in the time remaining to earn their vote (ie. Wardog told him he wouldn't earn his vote if he got there solely through immunity wins).

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Let's face it - if Devens wins The final immunity he is the sole Survivor. The final task wasn't as epic others in my opinion. Devens was amazing and deserved more than luck at the end.

But Chris did earn that win given what he did when he was back and some of the calls he made. I think the other two didn't convince the jury they were good enough to win but Chris also showed the jury at the Edge that he deserved votes

At least the Amazing Race is a good season so far...

So if you take out the name Joe from here and swap it with Chris, we have the exact scenario I was dreading.

Bunch of narcissists, had to have someone win who didn't make them feel like losers or diminish their experience as the winner.
Spot on Morgs!

And to top it all they have him re-enter the game with an advantage! WTF?

I could have handled it if it was someone like Joe who was actually in the game, but the clown who spent a total of i think 10ish (someone else can confirm) days in the game to come back and win is a bridge to far for me.

I was shocked with the way the votes went. It was clear they obviously in their down time came to some sort of consensus on Edge of Extinction as to how they would collectively vote in different circumstances.

I have always enjoyed Survivor immensely, however that episode totally pissed me off last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Chris did earn that win given what he did when he was back and some of the calls he made. I think the other two didn't convince the jury they were good enough to win but Chris also showed the jury at the Edge that he deserved votes

At least the Amazing Race is a good season so far...
So Chris who was voted out a month earlier (and has since been sitting on the beach doing sweet F all with the jury members) and hasn't played the game beats a player, Gavin, who never had one single vote cast against him and managed to be on the right side of the numbers continually deserves it?

Chris did everything right at the end and I commend that but he should not be sole survivor. It's totally bogus!

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

You nailed it, the idiots sitting on Edge for a month didn't want to feel like that was a complete waste of time so no matter who got back in I feel was getting at least 4-6 votes.

This entire series was total s**t, the fact some of the jury hadn't even played with the final 3 is just terrible Survivor. The only tiny saving grace is that Chris played an epic last 4 days to win. If an Edge member was going to win (which IMO was almost a certainty) then at least he made some big moves.

Overall.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
You nailed it, the idiots sitting on Edge for a month didn't want to feel like that was a complete waste of time so no matter who got back in I feel was getting at least 4-6 votes.

This entire series was total ****, the fact some of the jury hadn't even played with the final 3 is just terrible Survivor. The only tiny saving grace is that Chris played an epic last 4 days to win. If an Edge member was going to win (which IMO was almost a certainty) then at least he made some big moves.

Overall.

Oh and Joe didn't win! Hahahaha suck on that Jeff!

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
This. It's hard enough to accept a winner who has had their torch snuffed, but it's even harder when he played about 5 days of actual Survivor. Feels very weird.

Yes I feel they let him back in too late. And then the extra boost of the idol is perhaps too big an advantage to give them as well. It kept Chris in the game this time.

If they came back in at say the final 7/8 for example, then that’s still plenty of game play to navigate to get through. But coming back in at the final 5, with and idol, I’m not so sure.

As much as I liked the big move of saying "It has to be me to take out Devens," something about the winner being someone who was voted off just doesn't sit right with me. Kind of weird that by Final 4 the only two with any hope of winning were vote-offs.

All newbies, not including Rob and Sandra obviously.

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/survivor-season-39-cast-revealed

40 should be about to start filming very soon, can't wait til the cast list leaks.
Can't wait for the pro poker player to make up some cockamamie story about what his occupation and 5 talking heads about how good he is at reading people.

Also fingers crossed the NHL player tries to keep his identity secret until somebody recognises him 15 minutes into episode 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back