Soldo or CCJ?

Who comes in this week for Nank?

• Soldo

Votes: 80 72.7%
  • CCJ

Votes: 30 27.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be Soldo, as OP said he has all the basic skills of a good tap ruckman and is ready to compete with the other 2 meter giants. Still a little early for CCJ, odds are he will be really good for us in time. Most big lads who play primarily in the ruck take a little longer. Patience.

I must say I am very happy with Soldo, I had reservations wondering if maybe we took a chance because our Ivan encouraged us to. Soldo has developed nicely and has not let us down when given the opportunity.

Has to be Soldo, as OP said he has all the basic skills of a good tap ruckman and is ready to compete with the other 2 meter giants. Still a little early for CCJ, odds are he will be really good for us in time. Most big lads who play primarily in the ruck take a little longer. Patience.

I must say I am very happy with Soldo, I had reservations wondering if maybe we took a chance because our Ivan encouraged us to. Soldo has developed nicely and has not let us down when given the opportunity.
Good positive feed back with Soldo! :thumbsu:

It almost seems crazy enough but what if soldo was there for the ruck contests at centre bounces, then drifted as an extra down back.
Play Balta on the wing and send him straight to the oppo ruckman to follow around the ground
Who then goes to the wing. Cant have an Issac Smith type racking up 35+ on a wing on his own.

8 weeks for soldo to make the spot his own. Hope he does as it improves us.

Sink or swim time. Hope he's up for it as he's a better tap ruck. Just gotta be a presence around the ground and know when to drift back or forward.

There is a reason we took CCJ with pick 20 (ahead of Balta at 25).
This kid can play.

He still has plenty of development to go, but I have no doubt he'll be our number 1 ruck within a few years.
I'd like to see Balta play as our primary ruck in Nank's absence, rotating with CCJ at CHF (in Jack's absence).

Soldo just doesn't offer enough around the ground, and he might win plenty of taps, but he's just as likely to hit it down the throat of the opposition as he is one of our blokes...

There is a reason we took CCJ with pick 20 (ahead of Balta at 25).
This kid can play.

He still has plenty of development to go, but I have no doubt he'll be our number 1 ruck within a few years.
I'd like to see Balta play as our primary ruck in Nank's absence, rotating with CCJ at CHF (in Jack's absence).

Soldo just doesn't offer enough around the ground, and he might win plenty of taps, but he's just as likely to hit it down the throat of the opposition as he is one of our blokes...
Im with you on this. Id prefer to see CCJ blooded.

As I asked though to another poster, Soldo going back becomes a spare in this scenario. Balta on ball from the wing, which position are we giving up to put the winger on. ie McIntosh
That’s a good point, I suppose your only option would be to drop a forward, if Menadue is still in the side, I’d use him as this option. But yeah the more you’ve made me think about it, the more epically complex it becomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like seeing Balta contest but just wondering of the way we play one Ruck and a pinch hitter is shortening careers..
Ivvy at 30-31, Griggs body worn out, Nank now with a med/long term inj, Broad was getting knocked around a little, Reiwoldt in the ruck with a broken arm.
It doesn’t look great when you line it up to look at.

I like seeing Balta contest but just wondering of the way we play one Ruck and a pinch hitter is shortening careers..
Ivvy at 30-31, Griggs body worn out, Nank now with a med/long term inj, Broad was getting knocked around a little, Reiwoldt in the ruck with a broken arm.
It doesn’t look great when you line it up to look at.
Yeah my thoughts entirely...add that to the frenetic/chaos game style we force on the oppo...it's a meat grinder on player's bodies...
I keep coming back to the importance of player management...using Soldo against those weaker teams...giving nanks a rest...etc...
Throw in that lop sided free kick 'for' tally against us and it all becomes a heavy slog and toll on player's bodies to work harder to win!
Well currently we are getting forced to learn all about player management in a long competitive season...can only make us stronger in the long run!

8 weeks for soldo to make the spot his own. Hope he does as it improves us.

Sink or swim time. Hope he's up for it as he's a better tap ruck. Just gotta be a presence around the ground and know when to drift back or forward.

Soldo over nank improves us?

Yeah my thoughts entirely...add that to the frenetic/chaos game style we force on the oppo...it's a meat grinder on player's bodies...
I keep coming back to the importance of player management...using Soldo against those weaker teams...giving nanks a rest...etc...
Throw in that lop sided free kick 'for' tally against us and it all becomes a heavy slog and toll on player's bodies to work harder to win!
Well currently we are getting forced to learn all about player management in a long competitive season...can only make us stronger in the long run!
Well said brother

Back