AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I just really hope he comes in and plays a blinder.

Seriously likeable kid, has all the talent in the world, just struggles with making a quick decision.

I just really hope he comes in and plays a blinder.

Seriously likeable kid, has all the talent in the world, just struggles with making a quick decision.
I think he is like this as he always tries to make a perfect damaging decision every time even when there is none immediately available. I think he needs to know that the best decision he can make quickly is the perfect decision and should pull the trigger.

EDIT - He seems like a perfectionist and you can see him go very hard on himself when any mistake is made and he goes into his shell. He needs to be supported and encouraged to make mistakes knowing it's ok and he won't be dropped if we ever hope to see the best out of him IMO.

Eh. One poster who is very vocal about his **** opinions made a recurring scene. Otherwise, plenty, myself included, were excited about Langford's potential as a midfielder, but that doesn't preclude his having strengths forward.

I dont know which poster u are referring too. There was a boardwide feeling that even as a forward despite having some ok games he lacked intensity and he needed to he tried in the midfield and he went back to the vfl to work on and most were happy with that as u said.

I'm not sure how a lack of intensity forward suggests midfield potential.

The general feeling was he was being played in the wrong position but hindsight tells that was more a hope than anything. Its not the first or last time a suporter base will be wrong based on hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty solid game, still some slow play and mistakes but he popped up at some pretty important moments and again still think he looks best as a forward due to his sticky hands and leading patterns. Their is obvious talent just wish the kid would really take the opportunity by the scruff.

Pretty solid game, still some slow play and mistakes but he popped up at some pretty important moments and again still think he looks best as a forward due to his sticky hands and leading patterns. Their is obvious talent just wish the kid would really take the opportunity by the scruff.
Everyone made lots of mistakes. Personally I thought he was in our top 5 today or close to it. Very good game but the haters will only remember the holding the ball at the end.

Needs to get a bit more aggression to his game.

Back