Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 18/05/19, 7:20 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Ideally he would play back, but Hooker is needed forward more right now. We have decent matchups for the Freo forwards without him down back anyway;-

Tabener - Hurley
Hogan - Ambrose
Cox - Francis
Walters - Saad
Matera - McNeice
Langdon - Redman
Or

Hooker - Taberner
Hurley - Cox
Ambrose - Hogan
Saad - Walters
McNeice - Matera
Redman - Langdon

Hurley has dominated the match up previously with Hogan but i think Ambrose being able to go up and down the ground will suit Hogan better as he does push up to the wings alot

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
What does Myers not playing have to do with Parish finding the ball in space
I love the super negative BrunoV having seen Kakkle go a similar route. We need less fan girls like me who can’t see objectively.

On topic, you’ve got a point and perhaps correlation isn’t causation here. My best guess is Myers not being around moves Darcy up one spot in the mids rotation which benefits both his inside and outside game. I’m wondering if the ever obstinate Woosh is evolving with the times but I fear it’s a false dawn or his hand has been forced by other factions. Hopefully we have some more fit guys and can gracefully retire Bags soon (thinking something akin to The Good Place retirement).

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I love the super negative BrunoV having seen Kakkle go a similar route. We need less fan girls like me who can’t see objectively.

On topic, you’ve got a point and perhaps correlation isn’t causation here. My best guess is Myers not being around moves Darcy up one spot in the mids rotation which benefits both his inside and outside game. I’m wondering if the ever obstinate Woosh is evolving with the times but I fear it’s a false dawn or his hand has been forced by other factions. Hopefully we have some more fit guys and can gracefully retire Bags soon (thinking something akin to The Good Place retirement).

Parish gets a lot of midfield time as it is.

He was straight in against the Pies as an emergency, for example.

His work at stoppages has been terrible. He's been good when he's linking up in play usually as the game opens up.

He doesnt even have to play in the middle to be that played.

Parish gets a lot of midfield time as it is.

He was straight in against the Pies as an emergency, for example.

His work at stoppages has been terrible. He's been good when he's linking up in play usually as the game opens up.

He doesnt even have to play in the middle to be that played.

Maybe the linking up works better when Myers isn’t there. I don’t really know the reason just an interesting quirk.

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
I'm not sure how it will go in terms of translating into wins for the near-future, but I would like to see
Francis, Parish, Langford, Begley, Redman, as well as eventually Ridley and Laverde play about 7-8 games together.

Lel13

Debutant
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I think if we lose this game Devon Smith will get his full knee reco and we will start worrying about next year.

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I tell you there's a lot worse than Zaharakis running around for us. He is what he is and would be much better if we drafted better support around him.

If Essendon are to get better it's suppose to come from Francis, Langford, Parish, Laverde, Ridley, Mcgrath, Irving etc

But our development to improve our younger draftees has stalled and basically sucks.

Apart from Mcgrath who still struggles to hit a target by foot over 25 metres none of those players are taking Zaharakis's spot from him?

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Look guys and girls, even if we lose, it won't be that bad. Life still goes on.

I mean it's not like Warner Bros would replace Ben Affleck with some whiny emo turd burger as the new Batman.

Let's keep it real.

(looks at internet)
https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/05/17/robert-pattinson-cast-as-the-batman-for-director-matt-reeves

mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back