Rumour 3AW - rumour Grundy wants back to S.A.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Ah, the old "good around the ground" smokescreen, to mask mediocre ruckwork.

Well, I suppose Sauce Jacobs made a career of it, so may as well follow on with a similar type.
O'Brien is genuinely playing very well for a man with so little senior experience. He was in the top handful in the Crows-Dockers game on Sunday.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Ah, the old "good around the ground" smokescreen, to mask mediocre ruckwork.

Well, I suppose Sauce Jacobs made a career of it, so may as well follow on with a similar type.

6 coaches votes for the lad from the weekend's game

I think the point is that he looks promising (albeit early on) and Grundy would demand a high price that I would be annoyed if Adelaide paid

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
You obviously didnt watch the game.

6 coaches votes for the lad from the weekend's game

I think the point is that he looks promising (albeit early on) and Grundy would demand a high price that I would be annoyed if Adelaide paid

No, I watched the game. He played above the level he'd shown prior, and who knows if he'll maintain it going forward.

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, I watched the game. He played above the level he'd shown prior, and who knows if he'll maintain it going forward.
Are you joking? Was easily among the better players on the ground. For a 7 gamer or so he's been very good, in the last couple in particular, looks closer to a 50 gamer at this point which for a ruckmen is not so commonl. Whether it's sustained is another matter but signs are very good at this point. Even Brodie Grundy had a form slump after an impressive start to his career and that certainly hasn't stopped him becoming an elite. Not to say ROB is going to achieve that level but looks as if he'll be a competent enough ruck at AFL level.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can Collingwood afford to keep him there’s at all any truth to the Crows offer? I imagine that salary cap would be pretty damn tight as it is.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
LOL at the Advertiser thinking Josh Jenkins is somehow connected to this swap, as he'd be of no value to Collingwood...

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
There's this thing called trading where players and picks can be swapped between any number of clubs to achieve an outcome.
Shocking I know, but it happens.
Josh Jenkins doesn't add value to a Pick 1 Trade with Grundy.

Vikingblood

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 4, 2012
Catfish City
AFL Club
Adelaide
Josh Jenkins doesn't add value to a Pick 1 Trade with Grundy.

A million scenarios that could play out, some not involving Pick 1. The only real factor in this deal hinges on if Grundy actually wants to come home.
That will be the decider and will determine what Collingwood will and won't do and what other parties are involved.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
A million scenarios that could play out, some not involving Pick 1. The only real factor in this deal hinges on if Grundy actually wants to come home.
That will be the decider and will determine what Collingwood will and won't do and what other parties are involved.
Wow, thanks captain obvious.

Sky blue still?

The Advertiser is just sprouting the usual bullshit to appeal to the masses. Whatever gets people subscribing hey...

To even suggest... in May.... that the Advertiser has any ******* idea what is going on in this hypothetical scenario 5 months in the future is laughable at best.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think you'll find Lachie Neale and Dylan Shiel were both contracted for 2019 at their original clubs too. If Collingwood believe they're unlikely to keep him past 2020 then they could look to cash in early and recieve more than they'd get in compensation. If that offer is only a first rounder then I think they say no and hope they can persuade him into re-signing for 2021 and beyond.

I think that neither SA club will be offering something that Pies won’t match so they’ll end up at the trade table anyway.

How much room do the Pies have? Pendles, Sidebottom, Treloar, De Goey, Moore, Wells, Mayne,...

It’s tough now The Footy Show was cancelled, there’s a third party angle gone.

Don’t think Pendles or Sidey on as much people think nor Moore due to form/injury when he signed his last deal, and Wells dropped to minimum + match payments this summer.

How much room do the Pies have? Pendles, Sidebottom, Treloar, De Goey, Moore, Wells, Mayne,...

Wells unlikely to be on Collingwood’s list after this season.

Mayne will be out of contract end of this season and won’t be on much.

Back