Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Rioli and Hickey set to play this week provided they get through training, Cameron also set to resume in the WAFL on Thursday.

On the downside, Barrass is still 8-10 weeks away and Watson still 2 weeks away (both no change from last week). Brayshaw still 3 weeks away, and still no timeframe given for either Naitanui or Bines.

Pictorial representation (you'll miss these when I'm gone):

View attachment 673829

Rioli and Brayshaw rows top borders don't match the rest of the line! WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER? Geez! I hope they delete the account of the poster who made that mistake. Do you even Excel, brah?

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Where has the talk of Masten having a hammy issue come from? Simmo said he was dropped for form and he is not on the injury list. He hasn't trained nor played WAFL so are people just assuming he is injured or did I miss something?

Where has the talk of Masten having a hammy issue come from? Simmo said he was dropped for form and he is not on the injury list. He hasn't trained nor played WAFL so are people just assuming he is injured or did I miss something?

The Monday training after the Gold Coast match Masten was reported as absent/on light duties (can’t remember which) and as such was in doubt for the following game against St Kilda

When he didn’t fly out it was assumed on here that the injury rumour was correct - him not being listed in the official injury report was put down to the club just not bothering as they often do. Turns out the selection sheet had him omitted rather than injured

He didn’t play WAFL on the weekend nor was he named as an emergency so it’s unusual for a guy not listed as injured to not play. So the guess is he’s actually injured and the club just hasn’t said anything for whatever reason which they are prone to do on occasion

Make of that what you will

My tip is he’ll be in the injury report later today

Round 10 SJOGIU
Tom Barrass (foot) 7-9 weeks
Patrick Bines (hernia) TBC
Jarrod Brander (hamstring) test
Hamish Brayshaw (toe) 2 weeks
Harry Edwards (foot) TBC
Tom Hickey (ankle) 1-2 weeks
Chris Masten (hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Nic Naitanui (knee) Indefinite
Will Schofield (soreness) test
Daniel Venables (concussion) TBC
Francis Watson (shoulder) 2 weeks

Edwards the latest to have a stress issue in the foot.

Where has the talk of Masten having a hammy issue come from?

My tip is he’ll be in the injury report later today

Chris Masten (hamstring) 1-2 weeks

giphy.gif

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
And Edwards is another addition to the foot stress injury list.

From afl.com.au injury list...
Barrass is back running in the gym, however his return to play date remains around the two-month mark, despite missing five games already.
Edwards will be in a moon boot for a month after becoming the latest Eagle to succumb to foot stress fractures.

And KERRPOW (Post #538), I have to agree. When a forward who rucks a bit is pantsed every week in the ruck even by no-name rucks, averages 6 possessions total per game, has taken 1 mark (from a lead) inside 50 all year and has scored exactly 0:0 in 2019, what is the point?

In 2018 Vards was that 3rd tall who filled in for Lycett when he was having a rest, but right now OAllen is playing that role. He is the 3rd tall, has taken a few marks and kicked 10 goals. Time for Brooksby with OAllen assist. I's actually like to see Williams given a run, but this isn't the week. Maybe when Hickey or Brooksby are doing ok as lead and OAllen needs a rest.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Safe to assume we are not one bit interested in the mid-season draft?

Barrass would qualify for the long term injury list with potentially 8 weeks+ out.

EDIT: Edwards too for that matter.

Last edited:

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Safe to assume we are not one bit interested in the mid-season draft?

Barrass would qualify for the long term injury list with potentially 8 weeks+ out.

EDIT: Edwards too for that matter.
Given our match committee is willing to give someone as out of form as Vardy more time to prove himself, it’s pretty clear that the club is in no rush to move away from the current B22

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Vardy is playing garbage. Hickey is injured and looks insane anyway. Nic Nat is slowly building. Lord knows our rucks are looking thin. But it's all been smoke and mirrors.

Enter Lord Craig 'Vozzo' Varys. Mid-season draft this year? You better believe it. And who just retired? Only premiership ruckman Shaun Grigg..... Grigg to WC confirmed.

All you nufties are running scared because Vardy has had 17 touches in 9 weeks and Lord Varys is playing 3D chess. We're going to be just fiiiiiine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back