MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'd go a step further than that, and theorise that his forward craft has gotten worse since his first season or two, because he's discovered that continually calling for the ball over the back, and looking to body up on a defender and get a free kick, rather than providing a lead, or crashing a pack is a much easier way to get goals ... work smarter, not harder.

Very possible, his method of scoring changed big time from the start till now.

Conspiracy theory, AFL is loving Chrisso suspending blokes and then them going to the tribunal. More controversy more anger and more air time.
Actually makes sense seeing how they got rid of penalties for failed appeals, means that more players are willing to challenge

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hilarious the people who jumped on the bombers. They won't win s**t with that game style. They are playing our game style with faster players

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hilarious the people who jumped on the bombers. They won't win **** with that game style. They are playing our game style with faster players
Game style and list both deficient. I predicted them as maybe scraping into the eight but just as likely missing. And their game style will see them thumped in a final so it doesn’t really matter much either way.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, Shiel was never going to fix their midfield issues, where Essendon consistently plays soft footy we play dumb footy, I'm not sure what's more frustrating

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah, Shiel was never going to fix their midfield issues, where Essendon consistently plays soft footy we play dumb footy, I'm not sure what's more frustrating
We're definitely more frustrating. Essendon being crap is actually quite enjoyable.

David Kings won’t let go of hyping up the bombers. I wonder when he’ll just give it up. They need a Clarry type. And we need a Shiel but with better kicking skills
Eh David king has been on our bandwagon for the last two years. Obviously can't pick a good bandwagon, but he seems big on hyping the outside chances

Gaz not happy with being labelled a sniper says Chris Scott..

.. maybe tell him to stop sniping then Chris
Chris Scott saying Chris Scott things

Tom Boyd just retired, 23 years old.
Sounds about right, put himself under enormous pressure playing for such money. Don't care what anyone says, young players shouldn't be on such large coin, especially in this day and age when it can effect you mentally

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Sounds about right, put himself under enormous pressure playing for such money. Don't care what anyone says, young players shouldn't be on such large coin, especially in this day and age when it can effect you mentally

I respect the guy. Made a boat load of money, won a GF and played a big role in it

I know it’s hard to appreciate money and s**t when you have the black dog, but I reckon it was a good little career

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Good to see the 6-6-6 had fixed the game

It's got nothing to do with the 6 6 6. Coaches for 150 years taught attack, now all they coach is defence.

There's only 1 solution and that's to take numbers off the field so it's harder to attack.

Back