Preview Round 9, 2019: Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to lose. I don't want to piss away more time than we have to with Kern finishing 10th-14th. If we're awful enough they'll have to bite the bullet and kick the campaigner our and we can start again

No matter how bad things get we should not be supporting the opposition by wanting to see Port lose. If you think Ken will be going anywhere based on this year's results you are mistaken. Ken already has all the ammunition he needs to plead his case. He can point to injuries to key players and the number of first year players he has blooded. What is more Kochie will accept it and it will be business as usual. On top of that to get rid of Ken we would have to pay out two years of his contract and I doubt we will be doing that.

No matter how bad things get we should not be supporting the opposition by wanting to see Port lose. If you think Ken will be going anywhere based on this year's results you are mistaken. Ken already has all the ammunition he needs to plead his case. He can point to injuries to key players and the number of first year players he has blooded. What is more Kochie will accept it and it will be business as usual. On top of that to get rid of Ken we would have to pay out two years of his contract and I doubt we will be doing that.

That is very depressing.

Don't get those odds. I think Port win but we are not much better than the Suns with the numbers of players we have out.

Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast (AO) Fox 1:10pm

Oh Port, they started with such promise, giving their supporters hope before reminding them that this is a cold, cruel world.

Back-to-back losses to Collingwood and Adelaide has readjusted expectations downwards, which is a familiar tune for the Power.

Now they get to play the Suns at home, which has danger game written all over it in big scary letters.

A loss to the Gold Coast would pretty much stick a fork in the Power for another year.

The Suns are coming off one of the most inept finishes to a game, letting the Demons score twice in the final moments, with the Suns managing to out-bumble Melbourne.

Gold Coast seems to be attempting to challenge Carlton for the most honourable defeats in a single season.

I’m tipping the Power because as interesting as it would be to see Adelaide Oval go up in flames, I’ve grown quite fond of that stadium.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/a-highly-unhelpful-guide-to-round-nine

At least Titus is sticking the fork in the Tingles as well LOL

Brisbane vs Adelaide (G) Fox 2:10pm
The Lions are an exciting team this year because they score as much as anyone, their problem though is they give up as many points as the clubs sitting in the bottom four.
Adelaide have in fact scored 100 points less this season than the Lions, yet the Crows have a defence, which is something handy for an AFL club to have.
The Lions best chance of playing well defensively here is the Crows forward line, who too often have to be featured on milk cartons.
Imagine if the Crows forward line was as good as people often think they are. They’d be premiers.
Both sides have a chance to prove they’re going to be a force in the finals this year with a win here.
A win here makes either side 6-3. For the Lions that would be above expectations, for the Crows that’s on par.
I’m super excited to listen to Adelaide radio talkback if the Crows lose this. IT would be a level of anger we haven’t experienced since the Crows 2018 season.
I’m tipping the Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have we actually got around to picking a final 22 yet?

AAAAAh there it is:

INS: Garner, Atley, Frampton, Butters

OUTS: Burton (inj), Marshall, Drew, Johnson

So they dropped Butters for a week and replaced him with Johnson for a week. Hmmmm.

As I have written this year off it is at least good to see a couple more young players getting a gig. Haven't seen much of the SANFL this year but some good judges on this site have been impressed with Garner, Atley looked OK early last year and Frampton's form has been good. Obviously Butters was given a wake up call.

Have we actually got around to picking a final 22 yet?

AAAAAh there it is:

INS: Garner, Atley, Frampton, Butters

OUTS: Burton (inj), Marshall, Drew, Johnson

So they dropped Butters for a week and replaced him with Johnson for a week. Hmmmm.

As I have written this year off it is at least good to see a couple more young players getting a gig. Haven't seen much of the SANFL this year but some good judges on this site have been impressed with Garner, Atley looked OK early last year and Frampton's form has been good. Obviously Butters was given a wake up call.

Been said a few times now Butters was rested. Not about a wake up call, just a freshen up.

Well, the good thing about s**t timeslot, s**t weather, s**t opposition and s**t form. As a western stand member I won't have to go to early. Just gonna rock up with no expectations. If Bills a late out due to bad weather I will spew up and I won't even be that drunk by then.

At least Titus is sticking the fork in the Tingles as well LOL

Brisbane vs Adelaide (G) Fox 2:10pm
The Lions are an exciting team this year because they score as much as anyone, their problem though is they give up as many points as the clubs sitting in the bottom four.
Adelaide have in fact scored 100 points less this season than the Lions, yet the Crows have a defence, which is something handy for an AFL club to have.
The Lions best chance of playing well defensively here is the Crows forward line, who too often have to be featured on milk cartons.
Imagine if the Crows forward line was as good as people often think they are. They’d be premiers.
Both sides have a chance to prove they’re going to be a force in the finals this year with a win here.
A win here makes either side 6-3. For the Lions that would be above expectations, for the Crows that’s on par.
I’m super excited to listen to Adelaide radio talkback if the Crows lose this. IT would be a level of anger we haven’t experienced since the Crows 2018 season.
I’m tipping the Lions.
Two teams who are just about the most full strength in the league.
Will be interesting to see if the brave Crows can win but, go Lions!

I stand corrected as we now have to freshen up 19 year olds who have played 7 games?

He's a skinny kid in his first season who missed half of last year with injury. I guess they can't all be as brave as you ;)

Geelong rested Clark a couple of weeks back and he has come back looking really lively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back