Unofficial Preview Rd 8 2019 v Essendon: Colyer-Clarke Cup (Saturday 7.25 AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

The umps will be very kind to the bombers this weekend after the Rampe episode! It’s gonna be tough.
Lol nah, that never happens.

also the game where, as a poor student, I forked out $6 or something on hot chips only to pour sugar on them instead of salt. FYI, there's no saving that situation.
Heres a little taste sensation secret....Next time you have fish and chips, dip a chip (complete with salt and vinegar) in coke*......Coke the drink not the snorting variety :)
It sounds weird, odd and disgusting but it is actually awesome :)...Salt, vinegar and sweet all at the same time....my (now adult!) kids and I have been doing it for years!....gets some odd looks at the fish and chip shop ha ha
*As a GP I do not endorse a diet of fish and chips nor coke for that matter*

Look forward to what should be one of the defining games for us this season. A must win that's for sure, reckon we can do it.

Now that Blakely is in, what role does he play? Half back/middle? Conca full time midfield? Can't see Blakely being full time in his first game.

Conca, Blakely and Cerra are a weird combination. All can play a variety of the same roles.

Before the season started I was a bit worried about not seeing the anchors until rd 9 season could be over
After the suns loss my worries deepen
The GWS win turn that around great win on the road
I could be in for some great games in Melbourne
Last weeks performance against the tigers snapped me into reality
Saturday is on a knifes edge either
Heading home on the train feeling sick seeing 2019 slowly burn or grinning from ear to ear having witnessed one of those special wins!
Im hoping the latter! Freo 18pts
I used to live in Maribyrnong. Nothing worse than riding home on the Cragieburn line with a train full of happy Essendon supporters and you're the only one in purple. Actually catching the train home from the GF was worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah it's the Bradley-Clarke-Colyer-Johnson-McPhee-Solomon-Gumbleton-Delaney-Kickett-Ridley-Harvey-Dean Rioli* cup

*Dean came from Souths so he counts
Still needs a couple of tweaks:
Bradley-Clarke-Colyer-Johnson-McPhee-McPhee-Solomon-Gumbleton-Delaney-Kickett-Ridley-Harvey-(Rioli-Woosha*) cup
*Woosha counts if we’re talking Souths boys.

Stevic and Nicholls umpiring. Lobb in the ruck. Our slow and tall forward line that was smashed last week unchanged from last week. I'm gonna need some serious self control tomorrow night. If Morrison is winning the election count I might not make it through.

Saw an article yesterday that showed just 18% of Langdon's inside 50 kicks are retained (marked or picked up by a team mate). That's woeful. He's been like this his entire career - If he can't turn it around in the next 5 weeks we should jettison him. The reason we can't win football games is because we can't hit targets. It's a skill game, you need skill with the ball.

Be interesting to see how we do this weekend..

Saw an article yesterday that showed just 18% of Langdon's inside 50 kicks are retained (marked or picked up by a team mate). That's woeful. He's been like this his entire career - If he can't turn it around in the next 5 weeks we should jettison him. The reason we can't win football games is because we can't hit targets. It's a skill game, you need skill with the ball.

Just curious. You're usually ranting about sacking Brad Hill.... did you see his stats from that same article?

And Brad Hill?

Stevic and Nicholls umpiring. Lobb in the ruck. Our slow and tall forward line that was smashed last week unchanged from last week. I'm gonna need some serious self control tomorrow night. If Morrison is winning the election count I might not make it through.
*. Nicholls always tears us a new one.

I've reached the point where I have idea what to expect tomorrow. Bombers haven't been playing great and we usually match up ok on them style-wise but it kind of feels like our mob are doing their annual inexplicably lose confidence & forget how to score thing.

Our forward line (after threatening to gell for a while) is devolving and the balance just doesn't feel right in there. I think its mostly because we're basing it on Hogan being the main man and he's only firing on a couple of cylinders. McCarthy and to a lesser extent Taberner have gotten worse each game, Cam to the point he's back in the 2's.
Cox hasn't gotten up to speed yet this year and overall there is no synergy there with the players we have.
Matera is about the only one that looks in form. Switta looks like the has the potential to be dangerous but hasn't put it all together yet.

I don't know, I still feel like we have too many talls and not enough smarts. McCarthy is the one that really frustrates me, he has all the tools to bring it all together down there but I'm starting to worry he may be one of those players that look a million bucks on paper but can't put it together in the heat of the moment unless the opposition are basically terrible the way North were. Tabs another real frustration, he can take a good mark but I don't think he has much footy IQ.

I know I'm a terrible pessimist when it comes to Freo but I feel like the best we can hope for here is to really slow it down and out-slog them like we almost managed with Adelaide. I suspect we'll get pummelled if its a shootout as they are one of the most free scoring teams when up and about.

But all of that is my pessimism and this team has really surprised me at times this year with how well we've played.Its just as possible we will take them apart.

I really want to see what we can do when Logue and Shill are back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back