The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughton had to go. Far too defensive, often had 10 players behind the ball. Bus parkers dont belong in the premier league.

He also had a shocker with offseason signing they made. Most, if not all were underwhelming.
It was the signings and lack of goals that did him in. They were lucky the season ended yesterday because Cardiff got their act together too late.

You can't spend £30m on offensive players and have them score 7 goals versus 15 for Glenn Murray.

Someone’s going to finally be happy this morning!

Never happy to see a brilliant person leave ones club. Hughton will always be a legend at the club.

Unfortunately he's not been able to adjust his style to make us more of a threat and the football was just too negative.

If it was to be done it had to be done now so we had proper time to find a replacement who can sign players to suit their style.

Never happy to see a brilliant person leave ones club. Hughton will always be a legend at the club.

Unfortunately he's not been able to adjust his style to make us more of a threat and the football was just too negative.

If it was to be done it had to be done now so we had proper time to find a replacement who can sign players to suit their style.
I actually agree with you. I feel you needed to make a change, as harsh as that is you can’t be sentimental in football. It’s a gamble and lots of pundits will be hoping it fails but it’s the right decision for me. Hopefully Chris gets a gig at a decent championship club because I still think he’s got lots to offer

They're after Graham Potter from Swansea as his replacement.

I actually think he'd be real good for them finishing 10th at Swansea with all of the financial issues there.

I thought Swansea was owned by a mega rich American.
Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan. Levien was a former Sports Agent in the USA and CEO of the Memphis Grizzlies.

But I was talking more about how Swansea had to sell Fabianski, Mawson, get rid of the 2 Ayew's, Fernandez, Amat, Clucas, Bartley and Roque Mesa and Potter had to basically replace them with kids from the academy, which is why 10th is actually a really decent result, could have been another Sunderland situation under another manager I thought.

They're after Graham Potter from Swansea as his replacement.

I actually think he'd be real good for them finishing 10th at Swansea with all of the financial issues there.
That's the fella that did bits in Sweden, i think it was, with that Ostersunds team, right?

If so, it will be something very interesting to watch and may inspire clubs lower down to think differently about the way they approach managers. IIRC from an article about him when he played Arsenal in the EL, he's very psychologically focused and very, very modern with the way he goes about it. A complete departure from the traditional 'English' ways of old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the fella that did bits in Sweden, i think it was, with that Ostersunds team, right?

If so, it will be something very interesting to watch and may inspire clubs lower down to think differently about the way they approach managers. IIRC from an article about him when he played Arsenal in the EL, he's very psychologically focused and very, very modern with the way he goes about it. A complete departure from the traditional 'English' ways of old.
Yep that's the one.

I hope he stays at Swansea and builds them back up to be a mid table team in the PL, would be the best thing for his career IMO.

Otherwise if he goes to Brighton and struggles, he'll be back in the Championship.

Hence the emoji :)
Would be nice but if Italian media are running with it then there is no hope of him coming :p
Haha nah mate, I know it's inevitable because he's rather good, but as a Spurs fan there's always the lingering doubt that triggers football-related anxiety every time it happens.

Would a CL win make the decision harder or easier for him?
He's such a hard guy to get a read on tbh. He often speaks in strange metaphors that are even more difficult to understand because of his broken English.

A lot of has been made of his comments about how the final closes the chapter of the last five years and it was time to move to a new chapter, but what I took from that was that he was talking holistically, that the club needed to readjust its expectations and the resources that are made available to achieve those expectations.

In my honest opinion, if he and Levy come to the decision that it's time for Spurs to seriously challenge for the League and the latter stages of the CL on a regular basis and the resources are made available to achieve that, then I genuinely think he'll stay and continue the 'project' as he calls it. If he feels that the expectation and the methods of the club won't change, then I genuinely think he will walk. He said that to get where we are now was beyond what anyone expected, especially under the constraints we were in the last 5 years, but to expect that again is crazy. If his 'new chapter' is in the same part of the book as Levy, then he'll stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back