Oppo Camp Non pies games

Some thoughts:

Ryan's mark was fantastic. Likely to be up there for mark of the year.
Demons should be gutted tonight, because there is NO doubt that was their game and they lost it. Between bad kicking fo goal in the first half, some unlucky umpiring calls, and then losing their cool both in defence and bombing it straight to McGov and Hurn when going forward, they were in the box seat and lost it.
Yeo is absolute gun. Kept them in the match with his desperation and tackling at the contest. Cripps is a good footballer but very unlikable.

Not sure if he gets enough footy with the way the game is now played, but Hore looks very composed and I think winning the footy is a little overrated for defensive roles. He's certainly one the club mucked up. It annoys me that the commentators keep saying Melbourne found a player when he was on our VFL list for 3 years and most VFL followers were bemoaning us not drafting him from as early as the 2016 draft.

Here's the half back flankers we've selected in that time

2016 RD #40 - Liam Mackie​
2017 trade (2018 second round pick) - Sam Murray, 70 & 2018 third round pick​
2017 ND #39 - Nathan Murphy​
2017 ND #50 - Tyler Brown​
2017 RD #6 - Flynn Appleby​
2017 RD #33 - Adam Oxley​
2018 ND #13 - Isaac Quaynor​

Fair to say he would have been a better selection than Mackie and Oxley (albeit Oxley was contracted). Appleby strikes me as a similar type who at this stage has looked ok in his few senior games, but has shown less for us at VFL level than Hore did. Murray is/was a different type while Murphy, T Brown and Quaynor are highly rated young players who are too early to call and may ultimately settle into other roles (midfield or in Murphy's case half forward).

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure if he gets enough footy with the way the game is now played, but Hore looks very composed and I think winning the footy is a little overrated for defensive roles. He's certainly one the club mucked up. It annoys me that the commentators keep saying Melbourne found a player when he was on our VFL list for 3 years and most VFL followers were bemoaning us not drafting him from as early as the 2016 draft.

Fair to say he would have been a better selection than Mackie and Oxley (albeit Oxley was contracted). Appleby strikes me as a similar type who at this stage has looked ok in his few senior games, but has shown less for us at VFL level than Hore did. Murray is/was a different type while Murphy, T Brown and Quaynor are highly rated young players who are too early to call and may ultimately settle into other roles (midfield or in Murphy's case half forward).
I like him too but we have decent cover in that position.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dees could have put them away if they were accurate.

probably won't play finals now
At 3 - 6 you’d think it’s all gone for them.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Very good thoughtful post.

Though Oxley almost shouldn’t be on the list as he was a promised selection after being on the list proper.

Hore seems a nice player but would realistically be a depth piece for us in the medium talent area.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
It was a great game to watch between Melb and WCE. The flow of the game felt a lot like ours last week against Carlton. Except Melbourne really shot themselves in the foot with poor conversion. If they'd nailed their opportunities I reckon the result would be different. While they've fallen off a cliff form wise this year they still have the players to be a really good team.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, they'd have to win like 10/14 games lol Can't see it happening.
That’s there mega challenge.
Need to get on a mega roll. Hard to do.
And that’s JUST to make the 8.

I like him too but we have decent cover in that position.
Very good thoughtful post.

Though Oxley almost shouldn’t be on the list as he was a promised selection after being on the list proper.

Hore seems a nice player but would realistically be a depth piece for us in the medium talent area.
With our list currently he’d be in a battle with Greenwood and Appleby for the last defensive spot. I’d lean slightly towards Hore having a better chance long term over Appleby, but at most it’s 60/40.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
With our list currently he’d be in a battle with Greenwood and Appleby for the last defensive spot. I’d lean slightly towards Hore having a better chance long term over Appleby, but at most it’s 60/40.
You’re probably right.
But at least not a huge error so to speak.

Zak Jones out with a hamstring to go with Jack, Kennedy and Buddy who were already out of the final side. Still pantsing the Roos in Tassie. North look hopeless, decision making is terrible.

Zak Jones out with a hamstring to go with Jack, Kennedy and Buddy who were already out of the final side. Still pantsing the Roos in Tassie. North look hopeless, decision making is terrible.

Carlton and North are the Clear 2 bottom sides at the Moment

Back