Positives and Negatives vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a stat for tackles resulting in holding the ball frees? Cause Yeo must be leading the comp.

Does Hutch have a role if he isn't tagging? Seems a liability out there. If he is doing Mastens role would prefer Masten and I am no Masten fan. Seems we carried a player today.

Allen - gonna be the heart and soul of this club in a few years. Maybe needs a rest but not sure who comes in so I am probably talking rubbish.

Ryan - mark of the year? Destroyed Gawn. Suck it campaigner.

Defence held up. Gov, shep and gov in particular.

We wpuld have lost that if theu kicked straight.

NB: Petracca - how s**t is his disposal? Crab. Is literally costing them games.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

+ Yeo and Shuey = 28 tackles
- Sheed, Hutchings, Redden = 2 tackles

Our most attacking inside mids are the only ones that are willing to do any defensive work.

Absolute pus from the other three. **** you campaigners.

And those 3 are our slow midfielders. Therein lies the problem - they are not dynamic enough in there. Redden was terrible tonight - has been bad all year so far.

Motto for this season is simply survive and advance.
images

Player returned to the ground, no concussion.

Maybe 1, or a fine

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or... maybe i don't trust stupid afl site. Goodwin confirmed concussion.

Probably goes now, although I think that there is an argument that htb was never going to be paid with the player on his feet.

The action was forced by inaction from the umpires. Jetta either lets him go (potential goal), holds him and likely the ball bobbles free (potential goal) or takes him to ground (htb).

Ling still cheering for melbourne saying it was a dangerous tackle. They have to be kidding. He didn't sling or drive, and used almost the minimum possible force to get him to ground. BUT, he pinned the arms so is in trouble...

+ Neroli liked my tweet
+ Won ugly again
+ Yippie Yi YEEEEEEOOOOO
+ Willie ruined my Willie
+ JK should retire
+ Liam Moorcroft used Gawn as a sunlounge
+ Shannon Hurn 2019 AA captain
+ Tom Cole played his best game of the season
+ Tackling intent was great
+ That last quarter
+ 4 more points, 3 wins on the trot

- Venables injury
- Vardy and Hickey were both pretty poor
- Gawn dominated
- Vardy getting in Gawn's face made him look like a Grade A flog
- Everything about Redden's game, can't think of a thing he did right
- Jetta probably having a little holiday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are any of you actually going to give us a chance for once and not go into complete meltdown for being behind? I mean how many times does the team have to prove it? Also it is pretty spoilt and entitled to expect us to thump teams every week and peak in ******* April.

And those 3 are our slow midfielders. Therein lies the problem - they are not dynamic enough in there. Redden was terrible tonight - has been bad all year so far.
It can’t just be about ‘fast’ vs ‘slow’ though.

I’m sure there’s not that much difference in the running speed between Sheed or Redden and the average inside mid.

Their inability to tackle isn’t speed-related. It’s laziness.

I strongly suspect that our coaches don’t care how many tackles our mids get. Simmo has said it in the past and our reserves sides never have high tackle numbers.

But surely they realise teams are going to keep taking us on through the corridor knowing we’re going to let them run largely unimpeded

-We played two rucks against one and both were thrashed. Truly ugly.
- Darling, Redden, Hutchings poo
+ Yeo and Hurn awesome
+ Rioli a great return
+ If our mids can click Kennedy will yet win the coleman

Sheed cops s**t for his defensive work and fair enough but his work rate is still high IMO.

Playing mostly as an inside mid he was still able to work his arse off in link up play.

12 marks, 4 R50's, 5 I50's, 532 m gained is pretty amazing as it went with his 33 touches, 5 clearances, 11 contested possessions and a goal.

Overall he was pretty good but I agree he needs to lay more pressure when he doesn't have the pill.

Positive: we won and no masten

Negative: McGovern’s skin folds are getting worse by the day

Venables going down means masto is back in

Surely we swing Oscar back forward and bring schoey back in (shep to take lynch, but still need 2 more talls).

Then we can drop a ruck (clearly vardy assuming hickeys ankle is ok) and bring in the best wafl player..

Have to laugh at the Melbourne supporters somehow thinking they were the ones hard done by the umpiring.
Thought we had a couple go our way but that didn't decide the game. The amount of HTB they got away with was ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back