Media S27 Mid Season Survey RESULTS - Get your burnt pies!

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s because there was a large survey done at the start of the season. Probably should have given the mid season one a rest for this one. Should be no more than one a season imo

How many completed the entire survey? Every question fully?

change needed to occur based on the feedback.
This is an interesting point. I enjoy the data that comes from surveys but I understand that there are people that think 'there's nothing wrong here, why should I bother with this?' There needs to be a point to each survey.

Hi all,

Let me start off by saying I am majorly disappointed in all of you. *Looks around* ALL OF YOU. We had a very low turn out of 17. Last season was 27 and even that people were saying that was low. I even SHORTENED the survey and made it easier and yet still, you all let me down.

I considered not even doing the results considering it was so low, but I need to remove my reputation of not being able to finish a thread so here goes.

First of all, breakdown of survey completion by team:

View attachment 674952

Not ONE player from the Gold City Royals or the Baghdad Bombers filled in the survey. For the second season in a row, the Hawks had the most people complete the survey.
Err hello... I filled in the bloody survey!!!

This is an interesting point. I enjoy the data that comes from surveys but I understand that there are people that think 'there's nothing wrong here, why should I bother with this?' There needs to be a point to each survey.

Exactly. Is the purpose the survey to provide feedback for change or to just facilitate banter and discussion. They are two very different purposes. For me the questions don’t serve a purpose for either and it is way too long.

I did the survey because I thought it would provide valuable feedback but I agree that even this season's versions (both yours and Broken's) were too long. Sadly, short attention spans are real. I wonder if a season-long survey broken up across the season is the way to go.
You may be right Bazz.

Exactly. Is the purpose the survey to provide feedback for change or to just facilitate banter and discussion. They are two very different purposes. For me the questions don’t serve a purpose for either and it is way too long.

Seriously though I’m happy for you to take over it next season :p

It was, the last season one was far too long. I saw that doing the results :D

I think most of you just have short attention spans ;)
Next season we should collaborate on a shorter survey.

Here's my idea.

Is this a survey? YES/NO

Thank you for your time.

You did?

Must have missed it, sorry. Either that or I just forgot to add you to the team break down.

I’m not re doing the results.
Results are therefore inconclusive. It ponders the question how many more surveys were overlooked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though I’m happy for you to take over it next season :p

I am actually being serious here. It is not about taking it over. What is the purpose of the survey? That is the first question. Once someone can tell me that we can then work out what the questions should be. We have traits here that are pointless. I am tipping maybe 5 posters filled out the entire survey.

I am actually being serious here. It is not about taking it over. What is the purpose of the survey? That is the first question. Once someone can tell me that we can then work out what the questions should be. We have traits here that are pointless. I am tipping maybe 5 posters filled out the entire survey.

Send me a PM

I am tipping maybe 5 posters filled out the entire survey.
I believe ND said 17 but those 17 are reasonably active posters (or are for the mot part). It's the less active posters you want to hear from as well differences between the clubs (ie. Bears and Wazzas are different clubs but both have excellent camaraderie, the Furies have four very good posters on the same page but pretty much nothing outside of those four, the Dragons/Gumbies both have one dominant poster, a couple putting up 15-25 posts and not much else - why to all of the above)

I didn’t even fill out the entire survey :p

I believe ND said 17 but those 17 are reasonably active posters (or are for the mot part). It's the less active posters you want to hear from as well differences between the clubs (ie. Bears and Wazzas are different clubs but both have excellent camaraderie, the Furies have four very good posters on the same page but pretty much nothing outside of those four, the Dragons/Gumbies both have one dominant poster, a couple putting up 15-25 posts and not much else - why to all of the above)
The early season survey actually got less of the usual suspects responding which was nice but, as you mention, the lack of diversity doesn't really help these things.

So 17 filled out the entire survey? Every question?

I'm good to be part of the next survey team, as you can see I have a knack for data collection and meaningful analysis

I hear you are also extremely generous at another sample collection place!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back