The Footy Show's 2019 format revealed (and other Nine AFL stuff)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back THE WINNERS with Drew Morphett and Hirdy and Crawf. Review the weeks games then look at a classic match from that era likey did with the Winners Revisited.
Going to be pretty hard to do that unfortunately.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Garry Lyon being unable to keep his dick in his pants killed the Footy Show.

Show was funny (regardless of what some of the armchair experts here will say), rated it's ass off and was must see TV until that off-season.

Garry was a big part of that dynamic and it's undeniable. Same thing happened with the Friday Rub on MMM. Lyon fractured the party and it was never the same since.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Garry Lyon being unable to keep his dick in his pants killed the Footy Show.

Show was funny (regardless of what some of the armchair experts here will say), rated it's ass off and was must see TV until that off-season.

Garry was a big part of that dynamic and it's undeniable. Same thing happened with the Friday Rub on MMM. Lyon fractured the party and it was never the same since.

Brownless is a hack who has coasted his way through a cushy media career acting like a buffoon because he had mates in the right places. Both TripleM and 9 would have been better off dropping Bill and keeping Garry.

Paramedics followed by King's Cross ER, surely being flogged in the ratings by SBS's Euro song contest atm. Those 9 exec's should be groveling at Newman's feet if they knew what was good for them.

Paramedics and Kings Cross ER have taken the footy show time slot for this week

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
That sort of content increasingly on the schedule is a prime reason why FTA ratings have gone through the floor in the last 5-10 years. With today's options available, who would want to watch that?

Gary Lyon passing off his infidelity for mental health issues is disgusting and something that upsets me as someone who has anxiety and suffered from depression. The prick should have been forced to man up and face the consequences of cheating on his wife and betraying a close friend. Instead he got a hall pass and accepted back into the media after growing a hideous beard and no apology.

**** that ugly prick.

Agree, its funny how he put the blame on Sam.

Yet after all the stuff with Billy he all of sudden has mental health and comes back after a year in hiding and goes to a rival network and gets a promotion. Could've went back to Footy Show and manned up !

Garry Lyon was never coming back. Nine only said he was so anybody who liked him more than Brownless didn't immediately stop watching.

Interesting story came out during the week. Years ago Crackers Keenan had a go at Sam for something about the show. They got so fired up, to sort it out Crackers challenged to fight Sam. So they had a fight, that never was filmed and Crackers whacked him around.
I assume this happened about 15 years ago when Sam less frail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam's rants on the Adam Goodes affair were epic and very entertaining

Bizarre. The idea that a white supremacist upper class twit can be entertaining is appalling.

https://www.nineentertainmentco.com.au/2019/06/21/09/46/the-grand-final-footy-show-returns

Nine today announced the return of The Grand Final Footy Show spectacular on Thursday, September 26, at 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

The Grand Final Footy Show, which has been a staple for footy fans in AFL Grand Final week, will pay tribute to the past 25 and a half years of The Footy Show.

Host Eddie McGuire and the other two originals on the show when it started in 1994, Sam Newman and Trevor Marmalade, will reunite for a grand farewell to the longest running sports entertainment program in the history of Australian television.

Plus, a huge lineup of footy greats will celebrate the game we all love and look back on the hilarious, groundbreaking and touching moments of The Footy Show’s quarter of a century as a TV institution, as well as the ups and downs of a controversial 2019 football season.

And it wouldn’t be The Grand Final Footy Show without the show-stopping Player Revue, which will lift the roof off Rod Laver Arena along with some of the biggest acts in music.

Eddie McGuire said about the return of the Grand Final Footy Show: “For the biggest game of the year we need to have the biggest show of the year, and what has been a staple of Grand Final week for the past quarter of a century is back.

“I’m so delighted that we’re putting all our resources into one spectacular Thursday night Grand Final week Footy Show. It is a chance for us to pay homage to not only the Grand Final but 25 fantastic years of The Footy Show.“

Nine Melbourne Managing Director, Matt Scriven, said: “We want to pay tribute to the incredible success of the past 25 years of The Footy Show, and bringing back The Grand Final Footy Show will give fans exactly that – a chance to join in the celebrations and fun of a program that was a pioneer in football entertainment.”

Tickets to The Grand Final Footy Show will on sale in August via Ticketek.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back