Review Dees v Weagles - the Good, the Bad and the ugly with a cameo appearance from WCE Icon Ben Cousins.

I don't know, Frost is hilarious, and he does some very good things at times. I actually think we should use him as a half back flanker or winger.

I thought he was on Darling tonight. Other than the horror show mistake at the end, kept him fairly quiet? Or am I confused and OMac was on Darling while Frost was on Kennedy.
I don’t know. But from what I’ve seen of the eagles this year, Datling has kept himself quiet, mostly.

Inb4 someone actually checks the stats and I’m way off...5...4..3

Stretch should never play again. He sucks.
I still don't see what he's done wrong. We need to upgrade on him, but someone has to sit on that wing.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can't wait until society reaches a point where Artificial Intelligence can replace those maggots masquerading as umpires. Cold, non-biased correctly adjudicated decision making in an AFL match, can you imagine it? Maybe then ill be able to watch a game in Perth without wanting to vomit with disgust looking at that campaigner marguettes

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can't wait until society reaches a point where Artificial Intelligence can replace those maggots masquerading as umpires. Cold, non-biased correctly adjudicated decision making in an AFL match, can you imagine it? Maybe then ill be able to watch a game in Perth without wanting to vomit with disgust looking at that campaigner marguettes
Lol AFL sanctioned AI would be somehow worse than what we have now.

In fact, if you used footage the umpires put out at the end of a round as correct calls as a training data set for AI it might be the closest thing to true randomness that a computer is able to create.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unfortunately I never had confidence in getting it done. It’s the same old story, you don’t put sides away on the scoreboard and the really good ones will just find a way to win. Standard.

The good - Harmes & Gawn. Harmes has officially bypassed Brayshaw and Viney in my opinion. I don’t know when his contract is up but he needs to be our no.1 priority.

Our endeavour to take it on. Really liked that. We just threw caution to the wind and ran hard, tackled, pressured and fought.

Hunt was great. Really love him as a HF. Stretch wasn’t bad, and Baker will be solid.

I am a huge Smith fan. He is old school, big, strong and goes hard. He will probably never be an ‘elite’ forward, but guys like that just want to win and have a super competitive streak are what we need now. Happy for Weidemann to have to kick a door down to get back.

Bad - Brayshaw. A very lazy player. I am sick of his inability to push two ways and get his 20 but really be not effective. Seriously, if we had some more depth he’d be in the twos.

McDonald & Petracca. 6 scoring shots for 2 goals? McDonald looked like he couldn’t even make the distance on one attempt. What is happening? Seriously! Petracca just has to step up. We say it EVERY WEEK. 5th year player. I liked how he took it on last night, but mate, go to training this week and have 500 shots on goal. It’s *en killing us.

Ugly - Season is probably done now. 4/5 would have been potentially recoverable, 3/6 isn’t great. Will probably need to win 10 in 14-15 weeks. We can only hope for a response next week at the G.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Way off base. Frost was the number 1 intercept defender in the AFL the last month, he's almost single handedly shored up our defence since he's found form. So what if he had some bad kicks, he's not the only one
He nullified Darling while Kennedy smacked Omac
Correct. People forget that modern footy is about the zone and the intercept defender. If you can roll around and cut off enemy supply then in modern footy, you’re doing your job as a defender.

Frost is a competition leader in that category for the last month. If we didn’t have him we’d have struggled to stop any forward. When we get Lever and May back I’d be very reluctant to drop Frost. Oscar is the first one out.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Keen to watch Casey today and see how lever performs, hopefully of he can play well then he will only need another game in the vfl and we see him in a few weeks, lever with hore will be a great combination.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Frost has been excellent, our whole defense really was very good last night, Hore is Lever at a third of the price and OMAC was back to his spoiling everything best - Darling and Kennedy had no influence over general play which resulted in our control of the game for the first 3 quarters, they couldn't get near it. Kennedy got lucky with some free kicks and finished sublimely but overall our defence was rock solid.

Our midfield looked a lot more dynamic and balanced, although kicking inside 50 still a problem, but TMAC finding some touch and Tim Smith presenting well helped this. Garlett and Trac kicked 5 but could have had 10+ relatively easily. Frustrating.

Gawn finding connection again with the mids and back to controlling the game around the ground, he had that steely look in his eye.

* Jamie Cripps and * Jack Darling

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Frost has been excellent, our whole defense really was very good last night, Hore is Lever at a third of the price and OMAC was back to his spoiling everything best - Darling and Kennedy had no influence over general play which resulted in our control of the game for the first 3 quarters, they couldn't get near it. Kennedy got lucky with some free kicks and finished sublimely but overall our defence was rock solid.

Our midfield looked a lot more dynamic and balanced, although kicking inside 50 still a problem, but TMAC finding some touch and Tim Smith presenting well helped this. Garlett and Trac kicked 5 but could have had 10+ relatively easily. Frustrating.

Gawn finding connection again with the mids and back to controlling the game around the ground, he had that steely look in his eye.

**** Jamie Cripps and **** Jack Darling
TMac needs to do a lot more.

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do not agree with those calling for Petracca to be dropped. Fix up set shot kicking and it is a huge turn around. I want to see him in red and blue for life and not have his natural exuberance robotocised. Also watched a few games from last year and the impact of Hannan out is underestimated I reckon.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:
collective effort was there - Clean up the turnovers and scoring conversion and we win.
- O Mac, I’m not a fan but I thought that was one of his best games for the club
- Baker and Petty were both pretty solid, I’d like to see more of them in the 1s please
- Gawn, demolition job and generally did a good job of dropping back in the hole as well as being a get out option down the line.

Bad:
Clangers - * me they are costly. There’s your stock standard skill errors. But then there’s the team deflating Melbourne ball that we play. Frost’s goal line screw up, Petracca’s set shot kicking, Petracca’s dropped mark, Fritsch hitting every eagles player on the tit in the first half, Brayshaw fumbling and losing his feet constantly, Tim Smith’s silent whistle etc.
The last quarter - it just felt like West Coast led us to the ball, whenever we had a chance we reverted back to dump kicking the ball inside 50 which allowed McGovern, Cole and Hurn to dictate terms.
Fugly:
Vardy and Rioli rubbing Max’s nose in it - wouldn’t surprise me if Gawn sledges but how about share in Ryan’s success than be cowardly flogs.
Kennedy attacking Viney’s shoulder when the game was virtually over. DH.
Some Eagles BF fans - Oliver is a diving flog, love Shuey’s smarts, Gaffy accidentally hit Brayshaw, Harmes is a sniping dog, Rioli is a class act, Gawn says nasty things.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Still reckon some of the most parochial umpiring you'd ever see contributed to that defeat. Palpable free against the Eagle as Smith's noggin was pummelled into the turf and both arms were pinned...if the umpire couldn't see he had stopped play and was defenceless in the tackle he should be doing WAFL games for a while.
The reason Smith was standing still was because there were two tackles in succession just before that were obvious htb? All the players stopped.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah but kicking 0.2 isn’t going to cut it when Kennedy has the same possession count and kicks 4.0.

That’s the issue. JK and Darling kick 5 between then, TMac kicks none and Petracca kicks 2.2.

We shouldn’t even mention Tmacs goal attempts in the same breath as trac’s though. One he started right and it stayed straight from about 50. I’ll grant you that the other from boundary would qualify as a Trac special, but it’s not a spot I expect him to make a high percentage from.

Back