Review Pies 112-71 Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

There was an article in last weeks Herald that talked at length about the fall in scores this year despite the 6-6-6. It blamed the coaches, and as far as I can see it is correct. Our relatively high scores are therefore more meritorious.
The article also mentioned the motivation for The AFL to increase scoring: more 30 second ad breaks to sell. It also noted the refusal to consider that the real damper is interchange, and until this is addressed, the problem will remain as coaches exploit the ability of players to run longer and harder to clog up the game.
Our team's defensive capabilities, this year and last, show that our coaches are very good at the clogging up techniques. Once again they did it with key personnel absent and an apparent imbalance in our defence.
Mihocek has to be recognized as a very good player, and talk of his unusual road to success is now not the story.
Stephenson has been the steal of his draft year.
Our ability to hit targets kicking under pressure is our biggest weakness when compared to the other good sides.

Stepped up in the last... signs of a great team when we keep grinding until we break them.
A great win soured by the pig of a man who stole the ball out of a young kids hand after the game. Ball came from tom Phillips.

Cox, DeGoo, Adams, Sier, Moore and Billy - each and every one supposedly critical to our 2019 chances out with Checkers copping a couple of head knocks and Langers out for the last half almost.

So a lot of the cream missing from the mix but we still rise to the occasion, some of you on here will never acknowledge the power and relentlessness of this group but I guarantee you all the other senior coaches and 90% of the media are very much aware of it.

It is partly the playing list but mostly the system that is the key to this team - lose a player, simples, just plug another of the multi positional trained soldiers in and continue on.

We proved it last year and are doing so again this year but even better yet some of you will not relent.

If I hear one more time about how much this team is overrated, or this midfield is overrated I'm going to lose it big time.

Those of you who keep trotting out that absolute and utter trash have NFI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, just wow. What a final quarter. Didn't see such a dominant performance coming at three quarter time.

I was thinking the same. It appeared like a repeat of last week but what with Saints being a much better side than Carlton, we wouldn’t be able to hold them out and get the win. That was a great last quarter, absolutely put the Saints away.

Highlight of my day was siting in front of Warney and asking him where he was going half way through the last. :)

Ha, ha, brilliant. We were sitting in M25 and the standing room ferals up the back started chanting “nah, nah,nah, nah ... nah, nah, nah, nah .... hey, hey goodbye” at the Saints supporters getting up and leaving after stevo’S barrel. It was gold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back