Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he wins a Brownlow.

His season last year was one of the best I've ever seen in my lifetime, and he might be better this year

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He taking more Marks this Season

Moore was a dominant ruckman in an era when rucks could run in off 15 steps and launch over others who wanted to take body position. He and Mark Lee had the ability to clear the centre congestion with giant knocks forward. He then followed up his work a little like Grundy or Fraser used to. IN full flight Moore was a fantastic athlete and he complemented his ruckwork with towering marks up forward and kicking goals.

Dempsey was a slower ruckman but he absolutely knocked up taking marks in the backline. I'd rank him alongside McEvoy from Hawthorn. Both tough, smart if slow, lumbering ruckmen. Consistent without being brilliant.
Just want to jump in there with Gary Dempsey.
Elite, supreme in my view.
Far superior to McEvoy.
For me an all time great.

Clearly best player in the league now
He’s certainly in the discussion.

I’d safely say he’s the best ruckman in the league, now ahead of Gawn.

Elite. And he’s all ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he wins a Brownlow.

His season last year was one of the best I've ever seen in my lifetime, and he might be better this year

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was never a believer. I thought he didn't win enough hitouts or take enough marks. He got a lot of possessions, but if he didn't do the core role of the ruckman it was for nothing.

And then last season happened, and i've never seen such dominance from a Magpie ruckman. And then this year happened and he might be better still.

So happy to be so wrong.

exactly right - it's one aspect of his game that's improved noticeably this season - his ability to take a strong contested pack mark
Yep. He's starting to read the ball flight, but still not a strength yet. When he gets even better at reading the ball flight and thus clunking more marks, he'll go from being awesome to being unbelievably awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back