Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Sydney Swans (Round 10, Fri 24/05 7:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why we should be in a rush to bring back Adams/Moore/DeGoey/Cox.
Goldsack for Langdon( IQ should debut on home ground against Freo)
Wells for Varcoe.
Sier for Wills .

I don't see why we should be in a rush to bring back Adams/Moore/DeGoey/Cox.
Goldsack for Langdon( IQ should debut on home ground against Freo)
Wells for Varcoe.
Sier for Wills .

Is Moore actually injured or was he just rested? He's the one we need the most, especially considering Langdon's likely absence. And Buddy is a likely inclusion.

Josh Kennedy a late out for the swans today; has anyone heard whether he’s also in doubt for next week?

General soreness apparently. I dont think he was ever going to play all 22 games.
I thought they had stated something like his ankle. If it was just rest, then worth considering bringing him back in.

:drunk: indeed.

If Phillips hasn't been omitted already, I can't see it happening this week. The pig was fine.

Phillips shirked some contests today which was disappointing - usually it's his disposal that's the issue.

As for the Pig , I need to check the replay but from my vantage point I could've sworn I saw him basically running on the spot while a bloke a few metres away ran into an open goal. Looked really weird but maybe the sun was in my eyes :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....and?

His handpasses to advantage in heavy traffic are excellent. The antithesis of Treloar.

He chased and tackled very well in the first half. Easily one of our better players to half time. Fell away in the 2nd half when the experienced players finally stepped up and did something.

Langdon, Howe, Phillips, Aish, Varcoe and Greenwood were all much worse than Brown today.

Seriously though ...... you high

hard to say without knowing the extent of the injuries, I’m hoping they are preemptive rests.

Goldsack for Langdon

And Wells for Varcoe if suspended.

I would consider resting grundy as well, bring in cox for him. Grundy does a mountain of work, and should be rested if we are going to have any success in finals.

And if Buddy in, you can get he’ll put in a blinder against it.

In: Moore and JDG
Out: Varcoe and Langdon

Will be sad to see Varcoe miss Indigenous Round.

On a positive note it was good to see that Clangers has achieved what must've been a long term ambition - kicking a goal for the opposition. Hopefully with that out of the way, his first instinct might be to kick in our general direction :p

Varcoe kicked four last year at the SCG, and was stiff not to have the winning goal. Their bloke kicked a blinder, while lying on the ground.

Noticed de Goey didn't play last year either, which I hadn't realised at the time. I insisted he was essential, as the only bloke who could take a mark in the forward line, but I definitely stand corrected after today.

Swans had 1500 plus games experience out against North, and still got up (it is North I suppose). We really have a chance to get an away win, which traditionally has been a VERY difficult assignment. It was better playing at Telstra Stadium.

On the subject of both Coxy and Reid playing together, it seems they played a few games together in 2018. I wasn't sure about Reidy until today, but he was clunking them, and he does have a good shoe on him too. Perhaps rotate Coxy and Reid, with one in the forward line, and one in the ruck, while Grundy is the more mobile follower?

I'll be in Sydney. My first trip to a major interstate game. Went to 2012 pre-season games against GWS and Footscray. Anyone willing to meet up, let me know.

Who has Cox ahead of Reid? Didnt get to see the game but saw he kicked 3. Seeing as reid is so much more mobile than cox and seems to be kicking about the same lately Id have reidy ahead of cox but not sure how you guys see it.

Guessing Moore for Langdon and potentially Degoey for Varcoe IF suspended, otherwise it will be Wills or Brown. I feel we may see Degoey rested again and it will be only one forced change being Langdon out for Moore.

Am I the only person that feels Reid should take Rougheads place in the backline and Cox back in the side as FWD / backup ruck? Rough has been solid however Reid is an all Australian defender and in great form, Cox too good of a backup ruck and contested mark to leave out. Wouldnt mind seeing this at least trialled for a week v swans or dockers although I understand chances are slim given he has trained as a fwd for some time.

Am I the only person that feels Reid should take Rougheads place in the backline and Cox back in the side as FWD / backup ruck? Rough has been solid however Reid is an all Australian defender and in great form, Cox too good of a backup ruck and contested mark to leave out. Wouldnt mind seeing this at least trialled for a week v swans or dockers although I understand chances are slim given he has trained as a fwd for some time.
I'd like to see it but doubt it will happen

In regards to Varcoe I think that if the club can prove he was attempting to pick up the ball he will get off. By the letter of the law it says if you choose to bump and collect someone in the head then you’re guilty but I don’t think he chose to bump. He chose to go in hard and collect the ball and at the same time he accidentally made high contact. They are two totally different actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back