Status
Not open for further replies.

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes. I know it's a click bait title ;)

Been watching Dangerfield closely and he has been horrendous. I have never seen a player with defensive running as poor as Dangerfield. The doggies were much better in the midfield when selwood and danger are in there.

He is just as bad as a forward. Flying and spoiling marks of team mates and standing in the space so no one can lead.

Now.. What is the best position to play Dangerfield?

I think he's feeling the pinch from the accumulation of niggles, he hasn't missed a game after the Dons game when he had a knee and ankle issue, he played last week against norf and played fairly well, and today against a Dogs side that seemed to be amazing with their ability to switch, flip out handballs and hoicks plus even punch well...he is most likely sore. I reckon he needs a rest as such but he'll not be 'dropped' as such.

The fact that Geelong could steel their resolve to withstand that fervent Dogs challenge late in the 3rd and early in the 4th and kick an imposing 21.7, it's a bloody good sign for Geelong. That scoring potential stands us apart from many other sides who just cannot hit the scoreboard like Geelong can.

Thought we peeled off 3 goals in 2 minutes at the end of the 2nd quarter to halt a Bulldogs charge by putting Danger and the skipper into the middle. But yeah, the Doggies were so much better in the guts with those two in there. :rolleyes:

Thought we peeled off 3 goals in 2 minutes at the end of the 2nd quarter to halt a Bulldogs charge by putting Danger and the skipper into the middle. But yeah, the Doggies were so much better in the guts with those two in there. :rolleyes:

Game turned in the last when danger was off injured. Our midfield was well beaten until then

No.

/thread
Where do you think Dangerfield should play? Or did you only read the heading :$

I think he's feeling the pinch from the accumulation of niggles, he hasn't missed a game after the Dons game when he had a knee and ankle issue, he played last week against norf and played fairly well, and today against a Dogs side that seemed to be amazing with their ability to switch, flip out handballs and hoicks plus even punch well...he is most likely sore. I reckon he needs a rest as such but he'll not be 'dropped' as such.

The fact that Geelong could steel their resolve to withstand that fervent Dogs challenge late in the 3rd and early in the 4th and kick an imposing 21.7, it's a bloody good sign for Geelong. That scoring potential stands us apart from many other sides who just cannot hit the scoreboard like Geelong can.
It's funny. The bulldogs resolve disappeared when Dangerfield was off injured and the coach was forced to play some more accountable players in the middle. Yes hopefully he has a niggle and will get better.

Dangerfield has carried us for 3 years and finally the team has a structure and game style with even contributions from players across the ground, yet you want to string him up because he's not destroying the opposition every week?

This guy's got so many credits in the bank it's not funny and when the games have been there to win he imposes himself as much as anyone.

Just imagine if he wasn't playing injured, unbelievable thread.

Dangerfield has carried us for 3 years and finally the team has a structure and game style with even contributions from players across the ground, yet you want to string him up because he's not destroying the opposition every week?

This guy's got so many credits in the bank it's not funny and when the games have been there to win he imposes himself as much as anyone.

Just imagine if he wasn't playing injured, unbelievable thread.
It's his one way running that's a massive problem. Always has been.

It's his one way running that's a massive problem. Always has been.
Mate our whole midfield are basically one-way runners with the occasional patch of inspired defensive pressure, which I've stated is still our biggest weakness and if you had of started a thread with regards to our midfield as a whole then i probably would have agreed with you.

But to single out Dangerfield I thought was pretty cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. I know it's a click bait title ;)

Been watching Dangerfield closely and he has been horrendous. I have never seen a player with defensive running as poor as Dangerfield. The doggies were much better in the midfield when selwood and danger are in there.

He is just as bad as a forward. Flying and spoiling marks of team mates and standing in the space so no one can lead.

Now.. What is the best position to play Dangerfield?

Obviously ..lets drop him

Mate our whole midfield are basically one-way runners with the occasional patch of inspired defensive pressure, which I've stated is still our biggest weakness and if you had of started a thread with regards to our midfield as a whole then i probably would have agreed with you.

But to single out Dangerfield I thought was pretty cheap.
That's fair. I don't get to many games live as I'm Perth based. This was my first game attended this year and I watched him closely

That's fair. I don't get to many games live as I'm Perth based. This was my first game attended this year and I watched him closely
With respect, I'll try to answer your original question in it's entirety;

I think we're playing the type of football where if he or any player is not fully fit then they should not be playing and clearly he's not fit.

IMO when fit, he should be playing majority midfield with the occasional rest up forward.

The entire midfield group need to improve their two-running, especially when teams start to get us on the spread because that's the only way I see us losing at the moment and it was most evident against the only team who's beaten us in GWS.

Catch ya.

I reckon he is battling manfully against niggles and mediocre form.
Even so, he does very important things every week, in close, on the outside, in the air, forward and back.

He is not perfect, but we are lucky to have him.

Would like to see him have 2 weeks off and then come back in fit and firing.

With respect, I'll try to answer your original question in it's entirety;

I think we're playing the type of football where if he or any player is not fully fit then they should not be playing and clearly he's not fit.

IMO when fit, he should be playing majority midfield with the occasional rest up forward.

The entire midfield group need to improve their two-running, especially when teams start to get us on the spread because that's the only way I see us losing at the moment and it was most evident against the only team who's beaten us in GWS.

Catch ya.
If they rested all of the current starting team who weren't fully fit I'd say there wouldn't be many staying. Danger banged up more than most though.

Did you start the Hawkins is irrelevant thread too Warhorse? Similar irrelevant topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back