• Gold Coast by 40+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll have an early throw at the stumps:

In: Stanley, Atkins
Out: Abbott, PFD

I think they will find a way of giving Esava another week off, despite Scott’s comments last night.

I would also be tempted to drop Clark who looks a bit lost at the moment.

Surely we'll be giving Danger the week off this week. Hopefully Atkins will be right to take his place. Stanley for Abbott the only other change I'd make.

I’ll have an early throw at the stumps:

In: Stanley, Atkins
Out: Abbott, PFD

I think they will find a way of giving Esava another week off, despite Scott’s comments last night.

I would also be tempted to drop Clark who looks a bit lost at the moment.

Great minds think alike. :)

Stanley will come in for Abbott who is unlucky but we need a ruck who can run off Witts around the ground and make him chase him and get tired and Stanley is that.

Im not convinced on Fort but you have to give him another game on that performance and 2-3 weeks in the vfl might bring the best out of Sav.

I expect we planned to rest Gaz this week but will we do that with PD out? Id play him if hes right and rest him next week.

Atkins should come back in and Id be tempted to drop Clark, either we bring Atkins up into midfield or the the other option is bring Bews in and put OConnor on the wing which i dont mind. Fogarty is best 22 but I wonder if we maybe give him another one in the 2s for fitness? GC tends to be dewy and a quick track end to end game so i think Constable might be in trouble and we might go for extra outside run, although PD out might save his spot. I also think we need a lift out of Henry but Id keep him in for now.

Abbott Clark and PD out and Stanley Atkins and Fogarty in probably. Bews and SS and maybe Parsons probably around the mark if Constable is dropped or Ablett rested.

Danger game this.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Gold Coast have been playing a very competitive style.. this is not just a wet and wild week end jaunt. If anyone is unfit we should consider not taking them .. as I doubt they will feel more refreshed after a GC game. Still will be worth watching the game today to get a better feel for what we up against
and perhaps..who would be on a christmas list...

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Have never been a huge fan of SSelwood and don’t think he’s best 22 when we have everyone available but surely he’s the logical replacement for Danger given this will be his 3rd or 4th match back in the VFL?

Will also be keen to see how Fogarty goes, would imagine he’d need another week or two in the VFL but will be happy to see him in the seniors at some point soon.

I think we’ll definitely drop a game before the bye and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s this one - GC is vastly improved this season.

IN: SSelwood, Stanley, Atkins
OUT: Dangerfield, Abbott, Constable

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Jack Martin and Two Metre Peter, surely. Just about every club would go for Martin, and every club bar West Coast and Freo - who have a glut of those ruck-cum-forward types - would go for TMP.

Bulldogs suddenly have a lot of cash.. and they have just lost a tall.... I doubt we could match them if 2mp wanted to move atm.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Fort has to get a couple of games to see if he can keep performing like that. He didn’t just kick goals I thought his forward work was very good. As well as his tap work and he should improve with more games.
Tuohy has been very average since coming in and Henry needs to get into the game more. But they both stay, there isn’t lot yet to come back in.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Stanley will come in for Abbott who is unlucky but we need a ruck who can run off Witts around the ground and make him chase him and get tired and Stanley is that.

Im not convinced on Fort but you have to give him another game on that performance and 2-3 weeks in the vfl might bring the best out of Sav.

I expect we planned to rest Gaz this week but will we do that with PD out? Id play him if hes right and rest him next week.

Atkins should come back in and Id be tempted to drop Clark, either we bring Atkins up into midfield or the the other option is bring Bews in and put OConnor on the wing which i dont mind. Fogarty is best 22 but I wonder if we maybe give him another one in the 2s for fitness? GC tends to be dewy and a quick track end to end game so i think Constable might be in trouble and we might go for extra outside run, although PD out might save his spot. I also think we need a lift out of Henry but Id keep him in for now.

Abbott Clark and PD out and Stanley Atkins and Fogarty in probably. Bews and SS and maybe Parsons probably around the mark if Constable is dropped or Ablett rested.

Danger game this.

Agreed. I think this game is one we could very well lose.

Have never been a huge fan of SSelwood and don’t think he’s best 22 when we have everyone available but surely he’s the logical replacement for Danger given this will be his 3rd or 4th match back in the VFL?

Will also be keen to see how Fogarty goes, would imagine he’d need another week or two in the VFL but will be happy to see him in the seniors at some point soon.

I think we’ll definitely drop a game before the bye and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s this one - GC is vastly improved this season.

IN: SSelwood, Stanley, Atkins
OUT: Dangerfield, Abbott, Constable
I’ve been a Scoot supporter over the journey but I’ll want him bashing the door down before he kicks Constable out of the team.

Cronin

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
IMO Clark's best spot is off HB and Touhy should start playing further up the ground so personally I wouldn't be dropping Clark, I'd just swap their current positions around.

Stanley in for Abbott
Atkins in for Danger

That's about it for me.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
It will be interesting who the Dogs focus on. I was very impressed with Smith last night.. I could see them thinking another young mid would make their mid group very strong.
Their midfield group is already outstanding IMO, it's their ruck and talls who are massive liabilities.

I think they have the right idea in Tim English, and he'll grow into his role. They are still short a CHB and a CHF IMO.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I’ve been a Scoot supporter over the journey but I’ll want him bashing the door down before he kicks Constable out of the team.

I have gone past SS..unless we are really injury depleted. Fogarty should be next in.

For what ever reason Constable didnt look the same player last night. Not sure the yoyo selection has helped his mindset to be honest ..especially if he feels he did enough to stay in ..he is probably wondering what more does he have to do..

Apart from that .. against Gold Coast ..id be thinking Parsons or someone else who has been an emg.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Their midfield group is already outstanding IMO, it's their ruck and talls who are massive liabilities.

I think they have the right idea in Tim English, and he'll grow into his role. They are still short a CHB and a CHF IMO.

Yes.. perhaps that will be their focus .. obviously Hawk was licking his lips at time last night ..but not many Hawkins these days. As I said interesting.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
IMO Clark's best spot is off HB and Touhy should start playing further up the ground so personally I wouldn't be dropping Clark, I'd just swap their current positions around.

Stanley in for Abbott
Atkins in for Danger

That's about it for me.

Clarks best role atm probably is HB... and maybe if they want him further up the field some time in the VFL doing it should be a focus rather than just putting him back. I suspect they see elements in his game they like as a winger ..the long kick into the forwardline for instance

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Danger game this.
Having Stanley out was the clearest way to show what you have when he is in.

Fort obviously gets another chance ..not many get dropped after a 3 goal debut... but im not convinced about Sav in the twos ..at least for 2 or 3 weeks. Id like him just to freshen up with . I think he has just been down a tad for whatever reason . Anyway ..as I have said all along I will trust the club, they have their finger on the pulse.

Atkins back if fit .. and Fogarty could be looked at if he gets thru today.

I suspect it could be a Danger game..but not for Danger

Last edited:

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Clarks best role atm probably is HB... and maybe if they want him further up the field some time in the VFL doing it should be a focus rather than just putting him back. I suspect they see elements in his game they like as a winger ..the long kick into the forwardline for instance

He looks more like he'll develop in to a Jared Polec type winger at this stage more than anything else.

If all available, and depending on VFL form..again, any laxity in attitude, and we drop this game.

Outs: GAJ, Danger, Abbott, CC
Ins; Atkins, Bews, Stanley, Parsons

GAJ looked a little tired yesterday, and I'd prefer he does not travel for this one. Atkins a timely return. I think this week was always a chance for a rest, and he deserves one.
Danger really also needs a week off. Bews to BP, Tuohy or O'Connor on the ball?
Stanley for Abbott is a no-brainer
Parsons for CC-about time

Cronin

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
Yep and they would know more than me, but I'd like see Touhy be the one to be freed up and kicking it long into the forwardline because apart from that being an attacking weapon, I don't think he's a very good defender.

I'd also prefer Clark's run off HB than Touhy's but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back