News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 months off for Izak. Tendon damage.

Not sure if hes the type of bloke who takes to being on the sidelines. Cooney said he was so homesick when he got drafted to the dogs. The only thing that kept him sane apparently was when the real stuff rolled around and he got to play games. Took his mind off it.

For GC sake I hope this doesnt apply to Izak. For my own selfishness I hope it does.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
We are gonna get these kids back for 2nd rounders only because Gold Coast development is so poor that they'll think they're both busts eg Scrimshaw who now at Hawthorn looks to be a decent player.

Walsh already looks like a superstar,for once Carlton made the right choice. Im almost glad we didnt 'sell the farm' to get the SA boys.

We are gonna get these kids back for 2nd rounders only because Gold Coast development is so poor that they'll think they're both busts eg Scrimshaw who now at Hawthorn looks to be a decent player.

Walsh already looks like a superstar,for once Carlton made the right choice. Im almost glad we didnt 'sell the farm' to get the SA boys.

Didn't Gold Coast get rid of Scrimshaw and not play him because he allegedly didn't give a * about playing for Gold Coast?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Unless you are playing the "Nah, they're no good" card, 2 PS games is perhaps a little early to say these SA boys are no good.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Didn't Gold Coast get rid of Scrimshaw and not play him because he allegedly didn't give a **** about playing for Gold Coast?
Scrimshaw always had doubts on his contested footy, supremely skilled and great athletic talent but not keen on the tough stuff, interesting to see if Clarkson can instil some toughness into him.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
The grind begins for Rankine. Was the hammy bad luck or is it that he's at a club with poor resourcing and fitness guys? Does the club have poor management across the board? The offloading Jared Lyons effort is looking dumber by the day.
Think you're underrating Stewie Dew's football nous big time, a very smart operator that would not be a party to anything you're suggesting. Dew just like Pyke before him obviously didn't see Lyons as part of the future he has planned for the GCS.

Izak seems oblivious to your concerns...

Last edited:

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Scrimshaw always had doubts on his contested footy, supremely skilled and great athletic talent but not keen on the tough stuff, interesting to see if Clarkson can instil some toughness into him.
It would be incredibly charitable to describe Scrimshaw and Dew's relationship as anything more than poor. Scrimshaw had post season coffee and chats with Clarkson booked in from about round 8.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 months off for Izak. Tendon damage.

Not sure if hes the type of bloke who takes to being on the sidelines. Cooney said he was so homesick when he got drafted to the dogs. The only thing that kept him sane apparently was when the real stuff rolled around and he got to play games. Took his mind off it.

For GC sake I hope this doesnt apply to Izak. For my own selfishness I hope it does.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is not great at all for izak nor GC. Not playing and rehabilitating is where he is going to have plenty if time to contemplate things. If he was in the team week in week out then he being a naturally enthusiasticlad would be more chance to buy in. Not saying he won't but he is now a way away from playing in a different city as an 18 year old. Hope the injury heals up well

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think you're underrating Stewie Dew's football nous big time, a very smart operator that would not be a party to anything you're suggesting. Dew just like Pyke before him obviously didn't see Lyons as part of the future he has planned for the GCS.

What ladder position you predicting for gold coast for the next few years bicks? Run it out to five or six if you want.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Did the Suns tattoo that barcode on his neck?

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Big noses?

They have already said they love it there and the club is Uber professional like this other big nosed kid.

40F24E98-73DF-40F5-9C6B-7C1068141953.jpeg

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't see it with Lukosius. He just seems 100% outside.

People were comparing him to Nick Riewoldt but I'm yet to see Luko put his body on the line AT ALL.

I'm not keen on us spending first rounders to get him back at this stage.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

Agreed. Pass.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I don't see it with Lukosius. He just seems 100% outside.

People were comparing him to Nick Riewoldt but I'm yet to see Luko put his body on the line AT ALL.

I'm not keen on us spending first rounders to get him back at this stage.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.
Key position players traditionally take longer to develop.

It's going to take 2-3 years before we see what he's capable of.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back