VFL 2019 VFL R7 vs Geel (Sun 19 May 1pm @ Kardinia Park)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to pick the best performing key defender. If Roughead or Moore went down, we'd be exposed. The midseason draft for us (as contenders) needs to be about insurance for this year, not necessarily building for the future.

Same as Up Forward IF Reid goes down who else except Cox comes is?

I think we need to pick the best performing key defender. If Roughead or Moore went down, we'd be exposed. The midseason draft for us (as contenders) needs to be about insurance for this year, not necessarily building for the future.

Agreed. We have to take someone who may be able to contribute this year if required and who cares if they are 28 years old. Last year we were decimated by injury to key defenders and forced to play Jack Madgen for the last four H&A games and (the great) Tyson Goldsack for the four finals. As brave and inspiring as Goldy was, it owuld have been nice to have another option, especially on GF day against Kennedy, Darling and their resting ruckman.

We have to identify an area we are most likely to be exposed and shore it up so it doesn't cost us a flag. With Dunn already gone for the year again and Moore always a risk to break down, a backup key defender remains our biggest vulnerability and therefore our most pressing immediate need. I will be furious if we pick up some prospect who might be good in a few years and I will just be bemused if we don't take anyone. A good mature prospect who can hold their own when the whips are cracking (like Mihocek proved to be last year for example) would be fantastic.

Just a nice lazy warm
Sunday watching some Magpies.

Bliss

Same as Up Forward IF Reid goes down who else except Cox comes is?
I think up forward you can get away with it a bit more. Cox was key last year because he made a contest and brought the ball to ground for the swoop squad. Down back you have to be accountable, rebound with good skills and be 100% focussed. If we can only take one player I would choose a backline option.

Sier was ok. He does have great influence at stoppages though so it’s a natural swap for Wills for mine.

Despite Grundys dominance in the ruck, * we get slaughtered in the middle.

Daicos does some things when he gets it - just glides across the ground and is equally adept on both feet. Just needs to get more of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Madgen going. With Goldsack playing forward, he may be important depth at some point.
He is ok as depth yes.
Did ok when I noticed him.

I know you're impartial, so if you are prepared to give Sier the nod for senior selection this week against Sydney that's good enough for me! Is he ready to go, Saintly?

Yes I’d play him.
Today was more than enough.
Was quieter in the last quarter though when involved is a step above.

He’s a far better player than say Wills or at this time Brown.

Our side would be better with him than not.

I’d say he’s ready.

Based on today and past few games, surely someone will pick up Woodward in mid draft. Has he nominated?

Yes. Only way you Draft Woodward IF he can play Straight away. 4 ACL's really hurts him

I like madgen. He plays within his limitations. He’s tough, he spoils well his voice is very good and directs the backline well.

He has a crack and is desperate. He just doesn’t offer much in attacking flair or rebound but I like the way he plays.

I agree. But for mine even though he is similar in size to Dunny, Magden is just a touch undersized for the big forwards. And like you said, lacks the offensive weapons... compared to Dunn whose kicking sets up play

Yes I’d play him.
Today was more than enough.
Was quieter in the last quarter though when involved is a step above.

He’s a far better player than say Wills or at this time Brown.

Our side would be better with him than not.

I’d say he’s ready.

He also has a nice knack of looking better at AFL level than VFL. I say he plays within the next 2 weeks.

He also has a nice knack of looking better at AFL level than VFL. I say he plays within the next 2 weeks.
Just play him.

Better players around him, will let him hunt ball, get ball, use ball well.

Good driver in heavy traffic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back