FTA-TV Survivor 38 'Edge of extinction'

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Tony lasts longer than he did on Game Changers

Such an entertaining player, still remember when he tried “speaking llama” that season he won. Absolute gold.

I wonder if he goes head to head with Sandra again, the big personalities tend to target each other from the outset.

Tyson does a weekly podcast with Rob Cesternino, I'll be curious to see how they explain his absence. It will be fairly obvious to the mostly survivor-fan audience, but I guess they can't actually say it.

Looking forward to the season. S39 looks terrible though....

Tyson does a weekly podcast with Rob Cesternino, I'll be curious to see how they explain his absence. It will be fairly obvious to the mostly survivor-fan audience, but I guess they can't actually say it.

Looking forward to the season. S39 looks terrible though....
It's disappointing Rob never talks about anything that's not officially announced, because I feel like he has a very good relationship with basically the entire cast. Would love to hear him break it down

Really disappointed to see both Rob and Amber playing together. That can't be fair right?
I don't have a problem if they both play. I imagine they will either be on different tribes or they have a massive target on their back from the get go that cancels any advantage they could have.

Didn't mean any disrespect to Dom, if he'd lost at fire we'd have been saying that it was a bad move. But I just meant that if he had beaten Wendell at fire, it would have been his *best* chance at winning, as he would have beaten Laurel and whoever else in a landslide. By going up against Wendell he had a very good chance and I still wanted him to win, but it wasn't his best chance.
If he'd won at fire v Wendell it would have been Dom's best chance of winning but you seem to be glossing over the IF. My saying it might not have been his best chance is before we know the fire challenge result because it's where we stand.

I don't have a problem if they both play. I imagine they will either be on different tribes or they have a massive target on their back from the get go that cancels any advantage they could have.
I would have preferred it as just Amber. I would love to see how she would go after all this tIme.

Yeah I think they should both be premerge now as they have the double the chance at the Million. Plus it gives them a huge leg up in any pre game alliances as you would guarantee to be on a tribe with one of them. And if you blindside Amber then Boston Rob won't vote for you/see revenge.

Plus Rob is spending the previous 39 days living on an Island with Sandra so you know they'll work together.
It's messy.

If he'd won at fire v Wendell it would have been Dom's best chance of winning but you seem to be glossing over the IF. My saying it might not have been his best chance is before we know the fire challenge result because it's where we stand.
That's very true, I did say if he'd lost the fire challenge he would have looked silly - plus we'd have been questioning if it was necessary. Dom had a better chance vs. Wendell in the final 3 than Chris would have had against Devens, so it was an easier risk to take - and Chris seemed to be a pro at fire making. I just think that them seeing that finale 2 days before they left for their season would have sat in their minds a bit, and shown Chris how much there can be to gain from choosing to go to fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess I extended this question now to Chris.

For me, Devens would have been a much more worthy winner than Chris. Since coming back into the game, he was in the crosshairs for a number of votes.

But won immunities, found idols, orchestrated some moves despite being on the bottom (Aurora being voted out) and generally had everyone head*ed and intimidated. He was the best out there IMO.

For me, Devens would have been a much more worthy winner than Chris. Since coming back into the game, he was in the crosshairs for a number of votes.

But won immunities, found idols, orchestrated some moves despite being on the bottom (Aurora being voted out) and generally had everyone head****ed and intimidated. He was the best out there IMO.
Agreed.

Chris did play pretty much perfectly once he came back in. But he didn't have to do it for nearly as long as Devens.

Agreed.

Chris did play pretty much perfectly once he came back in. But he didn't have to do it for nearly as long as Devens.

And also worth noting Chris needed that idol he got in his bag in order to survive the second last tribal. Devens used his one for David, and found/won his own way through.

Agreed though Chris was pretty much flawless otherwise since returning. That was great move to go head to head in the fire making challenge.

Anyone able to give me some guidance on how i can watch Survivor South Africa?

If you want to pay (or if you can smash it out in a month with their free trial), 10's All Access streaming service has all the seasons. Not sure about the most recent ones though.

What about Some of the old school winners. Jenna, Tom, Chris from Vanuatu, Brian Heidik etc???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back