Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

i was living in Melb then but i thought they played that epic final at the waca

98/99 was at the WACA. They had temporary stands and the crowds were somewhere 20-30k.

99/00 was at Subi. Ergic with the late winner in the semi then the GF that shan't be spoken of. Two full houses. I was still 15 for the 2000 semi and family members picked me up after the game. They said they could hear the stadium erupt when we scored the winner. Atmosphere was nuts.

I’d love them to open up the configuration to the retangular setting. Push 65k and go for an a league record

the-new-perth-stadium-and-sports-precinct-soccer-format5b476cb055b76ffab2a0ff0100ce4282-1.jpg

I’d love them to open up the configuration to the retangular setting. Push 65k and go for an a league record

Just had word it now wont be happening....I'm assuming its probably been placed in the to hard basket due to those already in front fre rows possibly whinging etc.

Either way looking like we will have the biggest attended A League GF in its history :)

Just had word it now wont be happening....I'm assuming its probably been placed in the to hard basket due to those already in front fre rows possibly whinging etc.

Either way looking like we will have the biggest attended A League GF in its history :)
Move all current rows forward then sell the 10 or so free rows behind?

your right they would of had to of gone for it right from the get go. But this stadium is F loud I swear they have mics around the ground just to make it louder. going to be an epic night

From GFU on Facebook if anyone here got tickets in the active bays:

So a few of us caught up with Optus Stadium management tonight for a chat about Sunday.

It really looks like lessons have been learnt from the Chelsea game last year.
The stadium understand we will be standing, flags, drums in the 4 “active shed bays”

A few key points to take away.
The shed active bays will be wristbands. Those with shed tickets will have a dedicated entry at Gate D to collect your wristband when you arrive.
They wanted us to stress the following
- no standing On Seats
- no standing in the aisles
- normal conditions of entry apply (eg intoxication)

While the whole pissed-up-fat-louger-lout-Brits thing can make me cringe a bit, there's no reason why you shouldn't have active bays.

The tiers overhang well so there's no obstruction and for the 20,000 people there who have probably gone to three Glory games in their life, it'll be a unique selling point and something they could find really cool.

It's funny how the Shed's the only real active area left. Probably because it's the only Anglo one. I've never seen many wogboys in there, it's always older Englishmen. The Melbourne teams are just full of 17-year olds from Essendon with eyebrow slits and Yeezys. Very different vibe. Not caring about flares or whatever else probably saved em.

The Shed's pretty cool from a sociological experiment standpoint. Where else in the world do you have people in Liverpool, Everton, Man United/City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Milwall etc. shirts at a match all bantering away in a friendly fashion? I remember way back when a visiting English guy wrote in to the club magazine of some mid tier team in England about going to a Perth game. It ended up filtering back to one of the match day programs (not sure if it was the official one or a fan one) here. Obviously the standard isn't the same but he reckoned going to a game on a warm Sunday afternoon with a fun atmosphere, the players not being inaccessible millionaires etc. was brilliant. Very different experience to living in Sheffield I'd imagine.

The Shed's pretty cool from a sociological experiment standpoint. Where else in the world do you have people in Liverpool, Everton, Man United/City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Milwall etc. shirts at a match all bantering away in a friendly fashion? I remember way back when a visiting English guy wrote in to the club magazine of some mid tier team in England about going to a Perth game. It ended up filtering back to one of the match day programs (not sure if it was the official one or a fan one) here. Obviously the standard isn't the same but he reckoned going to a game on a warm Sunday afternoon with a fun atmosphere, the players not being inaccessible millionaires etc. was brilliant. Very different experience to living in Sheffield I'd imagine.

You should watch Manchester City's 'celebrations' with their fans after winning the league.

Complete waste of a season. Absolute waste. Useless penalty takers everywhere. Reddy back to being big average. * it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The A league had a real chance to show their wares to an audience that isn't invested in the league and that's the s**t they come up with? Both teams looked like there were playing in a pre-season game on a paddock somewhere.

And i've never seen a combination of penalties that bad over the last two games, people randomly picked from the crowd would have done better.

Sydney win, football in this country loses.

The A league had a real chance to show their wares to an audience that isn't invested in the league and that's the **** they come up with? Both teams looked like there were playing in a pre-season game on a paddock somewhere.

And i've never seen a combination of penalties that bad over the last two games, people randomly picked from the crowd would have done better.

Sydney win, football in this country loses.

You can't pick and choose how a match is gonna turnout. 56K is a fantastic effort through and if Perth get another chance to host a Grand Final I bet another 56K will turn up again!. I'd say it was a success for the league and for soccer in Australia despite the result and qualtiy on offer!

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. The best team all season and we lose in that manner. Just s**t.

IMO, the decision to start Chianese over Keogh cost us. We looked much better when he came on because we actually had a striker who knew how to move. I'm looking forward to hearing Poppa justify it because it was a ridiculous decision.

How the hell Grant didn't get sent off I have no idea. He would have committed at least 10 fouls and didn't get booked for persistent fouling. Even my mate who is a ref was gobsmacked he kept getting away with it.

We had our chances but were wasteful. Redmayne also pulled out some great saves.

Pens were s**t but that is a shootout. Reddy went the right way on all of them but power beat him. Redmayne guesses right on Keogh's and that is the difference. I've completely erased Santalab's abomination from my mind.

How is everyone coping tonight? I knew we'd bottle the shoot out. Such a Glory thing to do.

The game was average and neither side took control. Atmosphere was awesome I will say. Ref was a ******* tosser. Such a useless campaigner. Djulbic booked for not even touching a guy, Kilkenny booked for a jumper tug, Lowry booked for the same thing. Yet Grant can completely take out Davidson (no ball), abuse the ref, basically footy tackle everyone and eventually gets a token yellow? The ref let Sydney get away with that s**t all night. Despite it also benefiting my team, another A League grand final has another VAR shocker. That wasn't offside. At all. Shocking call. The ref was a tosser. What a ****ed night all round. The only positive was a clean sheet for 120 minutes and the atmosphere at Optus. 50k shouting the Shed's goalkick chant was awesome.

I'm more pissed off about this than I thought I'd be. Guess the Glory have gotten to me this season, which I'm happy about. Can only imagine how the very long term fans on here feel.

I'm fine tonight. Disappointed, yes, but I am much better than others. I can handle losing on pens. If we lost to a dodgy decision, I would probably be fuming.

I guess winning the Premiers Plate and having the ACL to look forward to next season softens the blow. We are keeping this side together and adding Fornaroli so we are only going to get stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back