Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1558221864998.png

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
We saw first hand last year how vulnerable Clarke was when isolated deep in defence. No one in coaches box thought this might be worth a try????
I wonder why our coaching staff didn't think to use an elite runner in a run with role? Lol

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder why our coaching staff didn't think to use an elite runner in a run with role? Lol

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because its Ryan *en Clarke!!!

Shouldn't be allowed near the ball and will have his name on the Nyhius by his careers end.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
It would be interesting to see what an accomplished coach would do with Shaun at the moment.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
This is such a good point

You think Longmire would allow that to happen?

EDIT - although it does further underline the lack of in-game coaching that happens at this club. Both Higgins and Cunnington were getting tagged and well beaten, yet we don't actually try and move them around. Could have easily pushed Higgins across half back and Atley into the middle, or Cunnington deep forward and throw Zurhaar/Thomas into a centre bounce.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
You think Longmire would allow that to happen?

EDIT - although it does further underline the lack of in-game coaching that happens at this club. Both Higgins and Cunnington were getting tagged and well beaten, yet we don't actually try and move them around. Could have easily pushed Higgins across half back and Atley into the middle, or Cunnington deep forward and throw Zurhaar/Thomas into a centre bounce.

This is not the plan.

Must not deviate from pre match planning.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It looks to have spilled over into selfish football because of a (justificable) complete lack of trust in instructions, systems or most of teammates. Sad place to be.

I dunno about that mate, I think he's working to instruction. He has looked visibly upset and depressed in recent times. So have most of the other players.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I dunno about that mate, I think he's working to instruction. He has looked visibly upset and depressed in recent times. So have most of the other players.

Hmm maybe. There are now times he clearly burns 'better' options, I'd guessed it as him just taking it on himself to make things happen. Maybe he has been told to just do it all himself because he's our best player, true.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Hmm maybe. There are now times he clearly burns 'better' options, I'd guessed it as him just taking it on himself to make things happen. Maybe he has been told to just do it all himself because he's our best player, true.

I reckon that can be put down to a counter punching coach combating proactive coaches.

Back