jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Hey Mero,

Hope this message finds you well. Thought I'd let you know how much of a fan I am of footyjumpers.com. Just thought I'd raise something in regards to the club logos section. Was wondering if you were willing to make adjustments that reflect the change from the VFL to the AFL in 1990? For example, Carlton's original shield logo, as correctly stated on your website, was used by the club use up until 1996, however the old VFL logo would have disappeared from the team logo once the AFL came into existence in 1990. Same thing for a club such as West Coast, which used the classic shield we all know up until 1996, but would have had the AFL logo feature rather than the VFL one post-1989.

I've attached a screenshot which shows how all of the team logo's would have looked circa-1993, incorporative of little AFL logos.

STcU6za.png

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Port sponsors and Geelong socks now updated
You got some of the rounds wrong and are still missing a few sponsor logos.

The 2007 Vodafone logo was like 2008-2009 but with a longer red panel like the 2002-2004 one: https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/PortAdelaide/Images/In-article images/1_AFL Round 18 - Adelaide v Port Adelaide (JM) 562.JPG

The Vodafone logo you have as R14, 2004-2007 should be listed as "R18 2004, 2005-2006".

The Bianco logo you have for R9, 2008 should be R19, 2008.

The MyATM logo looked like this for the 2010 preseason: http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/03/23/1225844/260242-power.jpg

And the MyATM logo like this: http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/11/28/1226208/574956-port-power.jpg was worn from R1-R10 2010, then it switched to the MyATM logo you have for 2011 which should be R11 2010-2011.

And the Renault back sponsor you have as "2015-2016" should be "2014-2016".

Mero - I’m just going through your site right now and checking some things out and a few things crossed my mind
1) west coast logos - it had the same from 1987-1996 with the vfl logo was on it. I don’t know if it remained on it from 1990-96 or whether it changed to afl?
2) hawthorn away/clash guernseys - you seem to be missing what they wore vs adelaides in rd 1 this year.
3) gws - I notice other clubs have pre-afl/vfl guernseys sections. And you do have the blue guernsey gws wore in 2010 in the all uniforms section. Was just wondering if you could make a pre afl/vfl section for that guernsey?

It's a Clash jumper that's very similar to the Home jumper.
They're not wearing it when forced to prevent clashes, so it's a promotional jumper.

But it's technically an 'Away' jumper. I'd have thought it'd be in the same group as a jumper like this, which was worn fairly often throughout the season as an away jumper (back when they were a big thing)

Geelong-Away-2000.gif

It's pretty different to something like this, which was worn as a once-off and was used to promote Ford

Geelong-Ford85-2010.gif

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
They're not wearing it when forced to prevent clashes, so it's a promotional jumper.

You know I love you Mero but you could apply that to a laundry list of guernseys worn throughout the late 90s and early-to-mid 2000s.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
You know I love you Mero but you could apply that to a laundry list of guernseys worn throughout the late 90s and early-to-mid 2000s.
I thought we agreed we weren't talking about the four letter word thing in online forums any more but OK.

As for the jumpers, yeah, I see what you're saying.
But it's not an Away or Clash jumper.
What do I call them? It's a Third Retail option in all reality.
Buy these because we know you've already got a Home and an Away is too long for the folder
Folder99.gif

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Hey Mero,

Hope this message finds you well. Thought I'd let you know how much of a fan I am of footyjumpers.com. Just thought I'd raise something in regards to the club logos section. Was wondering if you were willing to make adjustments that reflect the change from the VFL to the AFL in 1990? For example, Carlton's original shield logo, as correctly stated on your website, was used by the club use up until 1996, however the old VFL logo would have disappeared from the team logo once the AFL came into existence in 1990. Same thing for a club such as West Coast, which used the classic shield we all know up until 1996, but would have had the AFL logo feature rather than the VFL one post-1989.

I've attached a screenshot which shows how all of the team logo's would have looked circa-1993, incorporative of little AFL logos.

STcU6za.png

Mero
1) west coast logos - it had the same from 1987-1996 with the vfl logo was on it. I don’t know if it remained on it from 1990-96 or whether it changed to afl?

Any word on the logo situation Mero?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Any word on the logo situation Mero?
At some point I will get to changing the logos based on the VFL and AFL logo positions.
However, it's behind the Indigenous jumpers, the other additions, the uniforms and the possible different design of the Blue & White Port jumper they first used.

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers

Officially the Hawks are calling it a Legends jumper - https://hawksnestonline.com.au/adidas/legends

But to me it’s a clash jumper, promo jumpers are for one offs... maybe used twice but the Hawks are supposed to be wearing this jumper multiple times this season which hardly fits the Promotion nomenclature.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Officially the Hawks are calling it a Legends jumper - https://hawksnestonline.com.au/adidas/legends

But to me it’s a clash jumper, promo jumpers are for one offs... maybe used twice but the Hawks are supposed to be wearing this jumper multiple times this season which hardly fits the Promotion nomenclature.
In al reality it's none of any of the classifications I have.
It's not a Clash jumper, for one their Home doesn't Clash with anyone (I'd argue GWS, but I'm talking official AFL lists), and secondly, it's Gold, like the Home jumper.
I agree, it's not a One-Off jumper, and that's why I added Promotional to that section.
Certain jumpers get used a number of time, but what are they?
I've used Promotional as the catch all bucket as a way of including a jumper that is clearly only designed as a merchandise item, not for any other purpose.

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
Mero, apologies if this has already been raised. Love how you show the jumper match ups for every game by round and year, but in the case of Melbourne how do you indicate they wore the Red Back Clash Jumper as it looks the same from the front as the home jumper. Thank you.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mero, apologies if this has already been raised. Love how you show the jumper match ups for every game by round and year, but in the case of Melbourne how do you indicate they wore the Red Back Clash Jumper as it looks the same from the front as the home jumper. Thank you.
For now it will just look like the Home jumper.
Once I add the backs to the images for all games, then you'll be able to see the differences.
Click on the Essendon image in this link to get an idea what it will look like: http://www.footyjumpers.com/1897Ess.htm
They'll look like this, but it's a fair bit of work
Footscray-Uniform1939B.png

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
For now it will just look like the Home jumper.
Once I add the backs to the images for all games, then you'll be able to see the differences.
Click on the Essendon image in this link to get an idea what it will look like: http://www.footyjumpers.com/1897Ess.htm
They'll look like this, but it's a fair bit of work

Great, thanks, didn't realise you were going to add the backs, that will show the difference.

PS Indigenous Round jumpers loaded to the website

Just a couple of edits for the Cats jumper:

The back of the jumper has a third hoop and no navy gradient
IMG_4224.JPG

The 'G' on the collar is replaced by a '5'
IMG_4222.JPG

There's also a message on the inside of the jumper
IMG_4223.JPG

Where the GPS pouch sits on the back of the jumper is a glow-in-the-dark '5'
IMG_4225.JPG

And also, the gradient is like paint specks and is a lot more fluent than how it currently appears
IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

I hope I don't sound too pushy and narcissistic (I'm really sorry if I do), I know the Indigenous jumpers are a huge effort to create and it's not easy work, but it's a credit to your work ethic to continue to create them year after year for the website

Back