Roast Should danger be dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
In my opinion he either lays it on thick when he gets hurt or has the most miraculous recovery powers I've ever seen...
He loves the attention and the drama of it all
I don’t even think it’s that- I reckon he just hates not playing his best and wants everyone to be quite clear that he is not at his best because he is hampered by injury. And that’s fine with me. Just part of being competitive and wanting to give your all.

Last edited:

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
You're 100% wrong, sorry mate. He's been doing this stuff his whole career. Did it even moreso when playing for Adelaide.

And what is "this stuff" exactly? With reference to yesterday's game I'd love to know, specifically, what you found objectionable about a player who has legitimately rolled their ankle walking with a limp as everyone who rolls their ankle invariably does. It kept him out for the rest of the game, as most seriously rolled ankles as wont to do. So the concern is....what, exactly?

When I used the phrase "non-issue" I meant it quite literally. As in, not only is the other side of this "debate" wrong about this, but even if their narrative was correct - which it isn't - it would still be of unworthy of conversation. Danger's critics can't deny that the injuries are real - because they clearly are - so this whole issue is essentially about optics...and nothing more. And who freaking cares about optics if the injuries themselves are legitimately there in the first place. It's beyond petty. The irony is that for all the criticism of Danger's so-called "exaggeration", it's his critics who are guilty of exaggeration themselves in their exaggeration of how worthwhile this inane non-issue actually is.

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
"On the whole'!?!?!?
WTF does that mean?
Is there one single reason why you'd not want him at Geelong?
Of course not.

He's got his bad points, he's got his good points, but on balance I'd probably say our 6 time All Australian Brownlow Medal winning superstar midfielder is probably just about a net positive for our side. Close call though. Maybe 51% in the "pro" column. He does a few decent things I guess. Can see him keeping Narkle out of the side for a while yet.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
He's got his bad points, he's got his good points, but on balance I'd probably say our 6 time All Australian Brownlow Medal winning superstar midfielder is probably just about a net positive for our side. Close call though. Maybe 51% in the "pro" column. He does a few decent things I guess. Can see him keeping Narkle out of the side for a while yet.
Of course, a bit embarrassing when he whinges like a stuck pig just because he loses a leg.

Tony Barber

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Chris Scott said it was minor and part of the danger show. Is he wrong as well?
The thread is silly mate.
Did you hear Scott on 3aw today?

"The crutches thing is silly. If you stub your toe the docs will have you in a moon boot. It's not your call, it's theirs.
He's got an mcl issue. I've known many that couldn't play with that. Never mind perform. He's on of those guys that gets himself up".

Although your call of needing defensive mids (which would completely stuff the benefit of 6-6-6) was silly, this is verging on crazy.

Biased99

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
"On the whole'!?!?!?
WTF does that mean?
Is there one single reason why you'd not want him at Geelong?
Of course not.

No.

"On the whole' means "as a complete package". He has his idiosyncrasies, referred to recently as "part of the Danger show". But given his pluses far outweigh his (perceived) minuses, you'd definitely want him at the Club/ in the side.

That is what I was getting at.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes. I know it's a click bait title ;)

Been watching Dangerfield closely and he has been horrendous. I have never seen a player with defensive running as poor as Dangerfield. The doggies were much better in the midfield when selwood and danger are in there.

He is just as bad as a forward. Flying and spoiling marks of team mates and standing in the space so no one can lead.

Now.. What is the best position to play Dangerfield?
Injured knee. Still our best offensive player even when limping.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
This is probably the most idiotic thread I've seen in a while. Not withstanding the 'click bait' title, the actual question of his defensive running and him 'clogging up' the midfield and forward line, is just beyond reason. He's had a knee injury, coupled with an ankle and other niggles, and he was still in our top 5 in the first half.

Also, in regards to his defensive running, he's not meant to be a negating midfielder. We brought Guthrie in for that on balance, and he's done very well. He can't cover the same amount of distance, when he's hampered by injury. In most games where he isn't injured, however, he always works back when the game is on the line.

You say you're from Perth and you don't see many games live, I'd probably re-think your opinions then. I've seen many games of his live, and he works his butt off when he's in full flight. To even question him after everything he's done since arriving at our club, it's just disingenuous and a huge insult to him as a player and a person.

People need to pull their head in, as Danger has been incredible for us. I think people are struggling with the fact, that right now, we don't actually have any bad players. That's why people are just making sh*t up now.

Last edited:

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Loved Danger’s contemptuous response to Cornes. :thumbsu:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/05/20/dangerfield-hits-back-at-kane-cornes-comments/

“There are some people in the industry that you pay attention to their commentary and there are some that you don’t. He is in the latter,” the Brownlow medallist told Fox Sports.

“Kane can say what he likes and he does. I think you get into a position though where you keep trotting down the same line and people start to dismiss your commentary.

“He is probably in that unfortunate position now where when he speaks people don’t really listen.

“There are some in the industry where you really value you their opinion and there are plenty of those and then there are others you can dismiss pretty quickly and you don’t lose any sleep over it.”

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
This is probably the most idiotic thread I've seen in a while. Not withstanding the 'click bait' title, the actual question of his defensive running and him 'clogging up' the midfield and forward line, is just beyond reason. He's had a knee injury, coupled with an ankle and other niggles, and he was still in our top 5 in the first half.

Also, in regards to his defensive running, he's not meant to be a negating midfielder. We brought Guthrie in for that on balance, and he's done very well. He can't cover the same amount of distance, when he's hampered by injury. In most games where he isn't injured, however, he always works back when the game is on the line.

You say you're from Perth and you don't see many games live, I'd probably re-think your opinions then. I've seen many games of his live, and he works his butt off when he's in full flight. To even question him after everything he's done since arriving at our club, it's just disingenuous and a huge insult to him as a player and a person.

People need to pull their head in, as Danger has been incredible for us. I think people are struggling with the fact, that right now, we don't actually have any bad players. That's why people are just making sh*t up now.
And yet adelaide nearly won a flag after he left..

I think our forward line is collectively worse when he is in there. He needs to be 'the man' when he is in there.

Maybe his one way running is made worse by his injuries as others have pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back