Live Event Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Hibberd is an interesting prospect. I had a chat to him at Highpoint earlier on this year and was taken aback at how much taller he is in real life (he’s listed at 1.91m).

He mentioned that he did a medical at Port Adelaide late last year but they had concerns over his movement and injuries.

Nice guy though, hope he gets another shot at it!

Mitch Hibberd is an interesting prospect. I had a chat to him at Highpoint earlier on this year and was taken aback at how much taller he is in real life (he’s listed at 1.91m).

He mentioned that he did a medical at Port Adelaide late last year but they had concerns over his movement and injuries.

Nice guy though, hope he gets another shot at it!

He’s a shocking decision maker so unless he’s improved that I’d be passing.

you would think the draftees will be from the 25 that are having medicals this week

u/18's
Daly Andrews - Western Jets
Kyle Dunkley - Gippsland Power
Cody Hirst - Eastern Ranges
Mitch Riordan - Dandenong Stingrays
Jarvis Pina - Peel Colts

VFL
Frank Anderson - Northern Blues
Ray Connellan - Essendon VFL
Lochlan Dickson - Coburg
Mitch Hibberd - Williamstown
Sam Lowson - Coburg
Jake Riccardi - Werribee

SANFL
Cory Gregson - Glenlg
Lachlan Hosie - Glenlg
Michael Knoll - Sth Adel
John Noble - Wst Adel
Mark Noble - Sth Adel
Matt Nunn - Norwood

WAFL
Ajang Ajang - Est Perth
Josh Deluca - Subiaco
Oliver Eastland - Claremont
Brady Grey - WCE WAFL
Jack Mayo - Subiaco
Declan Mountford - Claremont
Marlion Pickett - Sth Fremantle

NEAFL
Adam Tipungwuti - NT Thunder

i highlighted the ones i think are the better ones, i also like Angus Hanrahan from Sandringham Dragons and Joe Ayton-Delaney from Oakleigh, they are possible pick ups, also Ben Kelly as a ruck option if any clubs are looking for a young ruck to invest time in, i also like Declan Carmody, he is playing SANFL reserves atm but is killing it and looked really good in the SA V WA Trials so another option outside the 25 players doing the medicals imo.

you would think the draftees will be from the 25 that are having medicals this week

u/18's
Daly Andrews - Western Jets
Kyle Dunkley - Gippsland Power
Cody Hirst - Eastern Ranges
Mitch Riordan - Dandenong Stingrays
Jarvis Pina - Peel Colts

VFL
Frank Anderson - Northern Blues
Ray Connellan - Essendon VFL
Lochlan Dickson - Coburg
Mitch Hibberd - Williamstown
Sam Lowson - Coburg
Jake Riccardi - Werribee

SANFL
Cory Gregson - Glenlg
Lachlan Hosie - Glenlg
Michael Knoll - Sth Adel
John Noble - Wst Adel
Mark Noble - Sth Adel
Matt Nunn - Norwood

WAFL
Ajang Ajang - Est Perth
Josh Deluca - Subiaco
Oliver Eastland - Claremont
Brady Grey - WCE WAFL
Jack Mayo - Subiaco
Declan Mountford - Claremont
Marlion Pickett - Sth Fremantle

NEAFL
Adam Tipungwuti - NT Thunder

i highlighted the ones i think are the better ones, i also like Angus Hanrahan from Sandringham Dragons and Joe Ayton-Delaney from Oakleigh, they are possible pick ups, also Ben Kelly as a ruck option if any clubs are looking for a young ruck to invest time in, i also like Declan Carmody, he is playing SANFL reserves atm but is killing it and looked really good in the SA V WA Trials so another option outside the 25 players doing the medicals imo.

They have will brodie and got rid of lyons. Would be surprised if they picked up that sort of player.

They have will brodie and got rid of lyons. Would be surprised if they picked up that sort of player.
Dew has said we are looking for midfielders and outside rebounders.

So I honestly don't know much about the potential draftees, outside of the positions they play.

Regardless will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought charlie looked good on the wkend. After losing so many players you still have some really exciting young player's coming through.

Yeah Ballard has been good all year.
Has been given votes in 2-3 weeks on our board medal.
With Weller playing well this year the Weller and 42 (Ballard) for pick 2 (braysahw) doesn’t look as bad as it initially did.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone gonna do a Mid Season Mock draft? that would be interesting to see.
I'll scrounge one together later. Seems like Essendon have two picks now with Devon Smith is out for 6 months.

First Round:

1. Carlton: Kyle Dunkley
2. North Melbourne: Sam Lowson
3. Gold Coast: Lochlan Dickson
4. Melbourne: Cory Gregson
5. Sydney: Mitchell Hibberd
6. Western Bulldogs: Cody Hirst
7. Hawthorn: Josh Deluca
8. Essendon: Mitch Riordan
9. Port Adelaide: Lachlan Hosie
10. Adelaide: Matt Nunn
11. Richmond: Michael Knoll
12. GWS: Marlion Pickett
13. Collingwood: Adam Tipungwuti

Second round:

14. Gold Coast: Declan Mountford
15. Sydney: Reuben William
16. Western Bulldogs: Daly Andrews
17. Essendon: Oliver Eastland
18. Richmond: Jack Mayo
19. GWS: Jarvis Pina

Third round:

20. Sydney: Brady Grey

I'm fairly sure that's the draft order, if anybody has news for me I'll add the picks later. If I'm unsure of your needs I've gone with who I think the best available is at that point in time.

Last edited:
Fairly sure with Boyd's retirement we have two spots free (first spot open up due to Picken retiring)

Fairly sure with Boyd's retirement we have two spots free (first spot open up due to Picken retiring)
Who would you be looking at for the second pick? A ruck? Forward?

Who would you be looking at for the second pick? A ruck? Forward?
We need class forward of the ball, a genuine tall swingman would help too. We're very short most weeks.

Gardner with our VFL side has attracted a lot of interest, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get picked up. Hawthorn were rumoured to be interested and I believe we are too. There has been talk of picking up Reuben William, also playing VFL with us and he's grown quite a bit since he was rookied by Brisbane.

The only other player (besides Dunkley) I believe we've discussed is Cody Hirst who you have in your mock draft above, it is a realistic option.

First Round:

1. Carlton: Kyle Dunkley
2. North Melbourne: Sam Lowson
3. Gold Coast: Lochlan Dickson
4. Melbourne: Cory Gregson
5. Sydney: Mitchell Hibberd
6. Western Bulldogs: Josh Deluca
7. Hawthorn: Marlion Pickett
8. Essendon: Mitch Riordan
9. Port Adelaide: Lachlan Hosie
10. Adelaide: Matt Nunn
11. Richmond: Michael Knoll
12. GWS: Daly Andrews
13. Collingwood: Adam Tipungwuti

Second round:
14. Gold Coast: Declan Mountford
15. Essendon: Oliver Eastland
16. Richmond: Jake Riccardi
17. GWS: Cody Hirst

I'm fairly sure that's the draft order, if anybody has news for me I'll add the picks later. If I'm unsure of your needs I've gone with who I think the best available is at that point in time.

Nice one. Interesting thoughts as I've heard some rate Hirst higher than Dunkley. I'm not sure Richmond will take a mature Ruck. We're a team that undervalues hit outs and can't see us running with 4 Rucks on our list. Two delisted Kangas on there is not a good sign for the Roos development.

Richmond will only select one player - allowing a spot open for Rance to return imo
Everything I've heard suggests you taking two picks
We need class forward of the ball, a genuine tall swingman would help too. We're very short most weeks.

Gardner with our VFL side has attracted a lot of interest, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get picked up. Hawthorn were rumoured to be interested and I believe we are too. There has been talk of picking up Reuben William, also playing VFL with us and he's grown quite a bit since he was rookied by Brisbane.

The only other player (besides Dunkley) I believe we've discussed is Cody Hirst who you have in your mock draft above, it is a realistic option.
I like William and was surprised he didn't get invited to the medical screening. Cody Hirst seems to be guaranteed top 6, not sure where though.
Nice one. Interesting thoughts as I've heard some rate Hirst higher than Dunkley. I'm not sure Richmond will take a mature Ruck. We're a team that undervalues hit outs and can't see us running with 4 Rucks on our list. Two delisted Kangas on there is not a good sign for the Roos development.
I've recently learned how highly rated Hirst is, but I'd still have Dunkley ahead. As far as I'm concerned, CCJ is no more a ruck than someone like McKernan, he's a forward who can chop out, and with Nank being out for a while, you'll need someone better than him if Soldo has another brain fade like he did with Worpel.

Everything I've heard suggests you taking two picks

I like William and was surprised he didn't get invited to the medical screening. Cody Hirst seems to be guaranteed top 6, not sure where though.

I've recently learned how highly rated Hirst is, but I'd still have Dunkley ahead. As far as I'm concerned, CCJ is no more a ruck than someone like McKernan, he's a forward who can chop out, and with Nank being out for a while, you'll need someone better than him if Soldo has another brain fade like he did with Worpel.

CCJ is 19

Soldo was a soccer player. He has could have huge development left in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back