Preview Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 26th May, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Blues

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what Carlton are we going to get? The fired up one to make amends for that thrashing? Or the one that folds like a cheap suit?

hopefully break them early and watch the hilarity unfold. could be the game bolts is cooked.

might look something like this:

I like getting games into the kids too but, if you want them in, who goes out. Close out your point.

Without thinking too much about it I don’t think Bruce will hold his spot. Telling that Marshall & Battle spent a bit of time forward last weekend. That would mean Battle forward & White to the backline. Wilkie would need to play tall with White the third tall.

Newnes, Phillips, McKenzie, Parker, Sinclair & Acres all running out of chips. Acres probably the safest cos he is backup ruck.

Last edited:
Without thinking too much about it I don’t think Bruce will hold his spot. Telling that Marshall & Battle spent a bit of time forward last weekend. That would mean Battle forward & White to the backline. Wilkie would need to play tall with White the third tall.

Newnes, Phillips, McKenzie, Parker, Sinclair & Acres all running out of chips. Acres probably the safest cos he is backup ruck.

What about Steelo?
Been a bit disappointing for mine so far.

Acres and Newnes would have to be very nervous after the last few weeks. I think if we are looking at making a statement one of those two should miss, although Carlton looked brittle against the older stronger bodies of the Giants.

I wouldn't be making massive changes though. We have lost 4 games to 4 top 6 teams. We just don't have the cattle to beat the best sides right now. Pick the best 22 to win against Carlton. If we lose this week than I'd be looking at wholesale changes.

Clark in for Phillips
One of Webster, White or Hind in for Paton or McKenzie

Playing Carlton, plenty of blokes to choose from who have been underperforming.

**** it let’s try and get some excitement into a game where we’ve got very little to gain.

Clark. Coffield. King.

These are the blokes we are pinning our hopes on, this is the team they have the best chance of performing against.

Get them in!

**** it let’s try and get some excitement into a game where we’ve got very little to gain.

Clark. Coffield. King.

These are the blokes we are pinning our hopes, this is the team they have the best chance of performing against.

Get them in!
King's played two games at any level in 2 years and you want him to play AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Newnes
In: Clark

Clark has racked up 60 odd disposals at Sandy in the past two weeks, so he should be full of confidence.

Newnes was our second worst player against the Eagles two weeks back and was our worst on Saturday against the Pies. He needs to swap places with Clark and get some confidence at VFL level.

The playing group expect integrity at the selection table. The constant selection of Newnes when out of form would be very frustrating to the rest of the players, and down right demoralising to the guys on the brink of getting picked.

Against Carlton? Why not?

We can be safe if we want but does it help? He’s just as likely to hurt himself in the vfl
You could just put King in the goal square, tell him just to do his best in marking, don't run beyond 20 metres from goal, and he would probably exceed Bruce's output in a few weeks, even without full match preparation.

Out: Newnes
In: Clark

Clark has racked up 60 odd disposals at Sandy in the past two weeks, so he should be full of confidence.

Newnes was our second worst player against the Eagles two weeks back and was our worst on Saturday against the Pies. He needs to swap places with Clark and get some confidence at VFL level.

The playing group expect integrity at the selection table. The constant selection of Newnes when out of form would be very frustrating to the rest of the players, and down right demoralising to the guys on the brink of getting picked.
When was the last time newnes played for sandy?

Clark. Coffield. King.

These are the blokes we are pinning our hopes on, this is the team they have the best chance of performing against.

Get them in!
And if they do and it doesn't work, and we lose?

Then what?

I’d test Newnes by moving him back to the wing before dropping him. Disappointing on a forward flank yes, but not unexpected.

This one sure as hell won’t be a shootout!
He wasn't great off a wing on Saturday constantly let Sidebottom set up center clearances from his wing,which resulted in Collingwood getting back on top of us especially in the 3rd term on the MCC side, this will include Newnes & Billings allowing Mayne to run a muck off the same wing.

He is a RFA this year maybe it's starting to play on his mind as his last 2 weeks have been below par.

Did Long do enough to warrant coming back in as he was named the best in the paper, i listend to the game & hardly heard him for the day.
Regardless, he's not like Billings that you drop for one game. His form has been average this year and should be made to build his form at Sandy like every other fringe player.

Regardless, he's not like Billings that you drop for one game. His form has been average this year and should be made to build his form at Sandy like every other fringe player.
Agree, not an automatic in for me Indigenous round puts pressure on the club & his family designed the jumper interesting week.

Against Carlton? Why not?

We can be safe if we want but does it help? He’s just as likely to hurt himself in the vfl
I don't think we are talking about him getting hurt , Do you think he could play 4 quarters at AFL level without blowing up , i dont and the last thing you need is a guy on the bench that is buggered , let the kid play another game or two before we throw him to the wolves. If we cant beat the Blues without Max we have some serious issues at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back