Preview Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 26th May, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Blues

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Newnes
In: Clark

Clark has racked up 60 odd disposals at Sandy in the past two weeks, so he should be full of confidence.

Newnes was our second worst player against the Eagles two weeks back and was our worst on Saturday against the Pies. He needs to swap places with Clark and get some confidence at VFL level.

The playing group expect integrity at the selection table. The constant selection of Newnes when out of form would be very frustrating to the rest of the players, and down right demoralising to the guys on the brink of getting picked.
23, 19,15 and then a paltry 11 positions on the weekend , thats not good enough but im betting he is still in this week

Long will play. He shouldn't but he will. The Club have put themselves in that position by making the indigenous guernsey primarily about him. On the upside, a forward line with Young, Parker, and Long not only has a romantic appeal in indigenous round, but will be freakin' scary for the Carlton defenders.

Agree, not an automatic in for me Indigenous round puts pressure on the club & his family designed the jumper interesting week.
Well that's just wrong if they select him for that reason.

Hunter was sent back to build his form and he has done so.

I'll be mighty pissed off if Long gets a run because of the Guernsey!

Hunter should be called up this week , form over the last 2 weeks has been good.
Expect Webster to come straight back in , apart from these 2 moves I can't see any other moves even though Whites form warrants a game - Hind would be thought about after these guys.
Long needs to do more before selected again and I feel Coffield is ahead of him on Sandringham form.

Hunter should be called up this week , form over the last 2 weeks has been good.
Expect Webster to come straight back in , apart from these 2 moves I can't see any other moves even though Whites form warrants a game - Hind would be thought about after these guys.
Long needs to do more before selected again and I feel Coffield is ahead of him on Sandringham form.
Unfortunately all the players who could come in are notably defenders, which would have to be the toughest area to break into this year.

Carlton are copping a hammering, this will be a tougher match than it ought to be. They can respond well to rev ups. Hope we stick Steele on Cripps and hold him out. Dal was saying on SEN, that De Boer stops him getting to contests by keeping him blocked from contests. We should have Dal sit down with Steele and plot Cripps demise.

Couldn't go past this thread without taking a shot at Carlton! Worst teams post-war:

Fitzroy (1979 - 1996): 156 wins, 236 losses, 39% winning percentage, 3 wooden spoons (kicked out of the comp)
St.Kilda (1975 - 1992): 122 wins, 269 losses, 31% winning percentage, 7 wooden spoons
Carlton (2002 – mid 2019): 125 wins, 254 losses, 32% winning percentage, 5 wooden spoons (will almost certainly be 6 soon)

People keep saying they have a good list, but they are actually very very close to taking over from us as the worst ever modern team. With all of their wealth, influence and arrogance, they are just as bad as we were in the 80s. Let em rot!

Saints by 10 goals ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't great off a wing on Saturday constantly let Sidebottom set up center clearances from his wing,which resulted in Collingwood getting back on top of us especially in the 3rd term on the MCC side, this will include Newnes & Billings allowing Mayne to run a muck off the same wing.

He is a RFA this year maybe it's starting to play on his mind as his last 2 weeks have been below par.
Agreed TEW, but Newnes’ first month or so playing wing/HB was really encouraging I thought. Feel as though the last few can be put down to a positional shift to some level, but definitely needs to lift too. Prefer him in the side right now.

Hello Sainters, I come in peace.

The last few times we have played, the Saints have absolutely destroyed Carlton. Pure speed, outside run, overlap, and quick delivery I50, with guys like Membrey, Bruce and Savage taking full advantage.

You've had a good start to the season, although I haven't watched much of your matches. What's the gameplan for you guys this year? What's changed? What's working? What isn't? I could list the same for us, but it's a bit lopsided....

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards, Curious in Carlton...

Did Long do enough to warrant coming back in as he was named the best in the paper, i listend to the game & hardly heard him for the day.
Hes an interesting player. Play him forward does sweet * all. Went into the guts and looked comfortable winning his own footy looks an natural as any mid we have. He seems to thrive in there. Got some nice tough clearances when we made our comeback. He did the same thing against the bulldogs ressie didnt touch then went into the guts and played very well.

Unfortunately all the players who could come in are notably defenders, which would have to be the toughest area to break into this year.
Considering we are as of last week missing 4 of our starting back 6 from last year, and Austin was arguably next in line, we have great depth there and playfairs system has been holding up real well.

He wasn't great off a wing on Saturday constantly let Sidebottom set up center clearances from his wing,which resulted in Collingwood getting back on top of us especially in the 3rd term on the MCC side, this will include Newnes & Billings allowing Mayne to run a muck off the same wing.

He is a RFA this year maybe it's starting to play on his mind as his last 2 weeks have been below par.
Newnes spent a significant amount of time in the forward line on the weekend, much more than he has for the rest of the year.
His worst 2 games for the year have been the last two and coincided with Phillips coming in and taking up time on the wing.

Man , are you serious , Long hasn't even played this week and you want him back in , id be willing to bet he does F all for Sandy today so i doubt he will be back in , and Marsh out Yeah good one , no chance he will be dropped

Was really poor yesterday at Sandringham , given our selection criteria will play in AFL this week
won’t he Richo...

Just me would give Newnes & McKenzie a rest but probably won’t be either and Phillips didn’t deserve
selection in 1st place .

Was really poor yesterday at Sandringham , given our selection criteria will play in AFL this week
won’t he Richo...

Just me would give Newnes & McKenzie a rest but probably won’t be either and Phillips didn’t deserve
selection in 1st place .
Those Two do do with a spell but as you said its the Australia cricket team , they wont be dumped

Why should we be any less hungry than Carlton for a win. We've lost 3 in a row.
Boys are going to come out with fire this week.
For the morale of this team. We just need a win here.

It's not hunger for Carlton, it's the eyes of the world scrutinising every effort. This for us is pretty much like the North game last year for us. Win and we should have won so no one cares, lose this though and all hell will break loose. I hope we turn up expecting them to hit us hard and not go in after all our hard games expecting to get an easy kill finally. There are no easy games any more.

I've got no problem with Long coming back this week at the expense of say Kent provided that he is given a little note that says that if he f**** it up this week he'll have long stint at Sandy to get back into proper form.

+ I can't wait to see Parker, Gresh, Young and Long in the same forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back