Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that. Was it considered a weak draft? LDU just looks so pedestrian to me. Dow you can see what they liked, but has very little composure yet.

Hard to know if it'll ultimately be judged weak or strong. Still a lot of players who were picked that haven't had a lot of opportunity so not the immediacy of say the 2018 draft cohort 1st round picks, a lot of mature age types (Kelly, Ryan, Fritsch, Mihochek) and a lot of the talls with very limited to no exposure (Coleman-Jones, Brander, Fogarty, Clavarino, Ballenden).

Hard to know if it'll ultimately be judged weak or strong. Still a lot of players who were picked that haven't had a lot of opportunity so not the immediacy of say the 2018 draft cohort 1st round picks, a lot of mature age types (Kelly, Ryan, Fritsch, Mihochek) and a lot of the talls with very limited to no exposure (Coleman-Jones, Brander, Fogarty, Clavarino, Ballenden).
I'm probably looking more at the pre-draft expectation, as I'm curious about how often that is on the money.

Rayner is playing in a side that has one less win than Stevos. His performances this year have been worse than last year when Brisbane was much worse so that theory doesn’t hold up here. He had 3 touches in a game they won on the weekend.

Also Stevo is a big reason our forward line functions so well now so to ignore that and just say he’s playing in a better team is unfair

Raynor start to this season hasn't been as good as his 2018 form suggested but you're going way too early suggesting Stevo should have been pick 1 ahead of him, particularly when you're comparing different types with different strengths and weaknesses, and relative team performance plays a role.

If anything Tim Kelly is the clear standout career to date but has the benefit of being a mature footballer whereas the others are just kids learning their craft.

In terms of our F50 functionality, it was the return of JDG in R3-4 in 2018 that started to allow that functionality and the introduction of Mihocek circa R10-11 that allowed it to fully click. Stevo benefited a lot in 2018 from the work of those team mates. Cox as well.

I'm probably looking more at the pre-draft expectation, as I'm curious about how often that is on the money.

I think it'll be judged a strong draft cohort when we finally get to see it all play out, as much for the consistent value across the rounds as anything else.

From the top 10 career to date Rayner, Brayshaw, Cerra, Stephenson and Naughton all look like they'll be gun footballers, Clark, Coffield and O'Brien have shown promise, Dow and LDU are a concern. Compare to this years top 10 with Walsh, Rozee, Thomas, Smith and Blakey the clear standout to date. The rest still finding their feet but you've also got Lukosius and the King brothers who'll obviously take more time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll become one of the best forwards, full stop, in the competition. I see him as a gun full forward in the making. His leading at the ball is already up there with anyone around. He's shown the ability to fully extend and pluck it in one grab. He's just beginning to launch at contests. I think monster grabs will come pretty soon. I think he'll become extremely dangerous in the air and he's already deadly at ground level with a fabulous defensive game. Love the way he's developing.

I think he could be developed into an elite midifelder, but I think I'd prefer him to remain a forward, just because real difference makers up forward are just so hard to find.
jaidyn as a junior and in tac cup was taking big grabs all the time...coming in to the big leaugue i think he stopped going the big grab because we was getting out bodied but is now finding the confidence to go for the fly and has been given free reign to go for his marks...only a matter of time he will start pulling down some rippers....im hoping not this year cause i have a green back on it with him saying he wont take one....hahahaha....

Stevo winning the Rising Star in his first season was a pretty good indication of how he was, ultimately, ranked and compared with the other 2017 draftees. But saying that, some of his corresponding high draft picks will no doubt hit their straps this season or soon enough.

jaidyn as a junior and in tac cup was taking big grabs all the time...coming in to the big leaugue i think he stopped going the big grab because we was getting out bodied but is now finding the confidence to go for the fly and has been given free reign to go for his marks...only a matter of time he will start pulling down some rippers....im hoping not this year cause i have a green back on it with him saying he wont take one....hahahaha....
You going to lose your stake, but I get the feeling you won’t mind.

He's just a gun.

Should he have gone pick 1? Yeh probably.

Rayner could become a gun too, but right now Jaidyn has him covered. At this level of development he looks better than the vast majority of number 1 picks ever for that matter.

Very pretty? No... that haircut.
Haircut does scream out “flog”
Not saying he is but that haircut gives the calling card of flog.

Sorry, just how it looks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back