List Mgmt. Ahern, LDU & Simpkin

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpkin plays every game. Simple.

Ahern is 22, 23 in August. Hr is old enough to handle AFL. Its not going to stunt his development. He has to play.

LDU is capable of rotating though half forward. Play him ffs.

* Wood off to the VFL, swing Ziebell forward and make a call on one of the almost in McDonald, Turner, Williams etc. These guys are not going to be key drivers in future success, but Ahern and LDU just might.

Pick the best team to try and win the game of football. No one is entitled to play if they don't genuinely deserve to be in the team.

Simpkin plays every game. Simple.

Ahern is 22, 23 in August. Hr is old enough to handle AFL. Its not going to stunt his development. He has to play.

LDU is capable of rotating though half forward. Play him ffs.

**** Wood off to the VFL, swing Ziebell forward and make a call on one of the almost in McDonald, Turner, Williams etc. These guys are not going to be key drivers in future success, but Ahern and LDU just might.
Yes to all of this.

The problem is the bloke in the box is incapable of flexible thought or method.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you play SuperCoach? I don’t think any of these 3 would be attractive pickups on SuperCoach...

Struggling to understand the point of your post, besides the usual attention grab. You’re suggesting these three shouldn’t have games in the midfield and we should continue with the senior players getting predominant game time?

Bailey Scott is SC relevant.

What about this, bring the young lads into the midfield as you said but swing TT to a forward flank, Larkey to CHF and Ziebull to a back flank and drop Lmac. Bring Higgo up to the other Half Forward or Forward Pocket. This gives a bit of class to the Forward line and mongrel to the backline, you could almost use Ziebull as a Lachie Hansen intercept type ..... Throw it around a bit, what does it matter now.

The talented and classy types need to play.

Give them exposure in different positions.

Play Ahern across half back, give LDU some time forward with stints in the midfield.

It would be nice to see us stop doing the same old same old in regards to our structures. Especially considering we are out of the finals race.

Get more games into McKay.

All these guys have shown they can compete at AFL level, playing them in the 2's won't get them up to AFL speed.

Yeah look, I'm going to respectfully disagree with your "Keep doing things the same & hope" approach. I would like increased exposure for our most talented youth, and I'm quite confident this will help us long term.

The removal of the coach is hardly "Keep doing things the same & hope" There's less "hope" in youth under the current regime.

The AFL is not a development league, the idea is to play your best team each week to win the football match.

VFL is so far below AFL standard, you need to balance with development needs in the AFL. No one should be advocating playing 3 kids in the centre square, but creating an environment where you have at least 1 developmental player in there and at times stretch to 2 will give you the balance of experience and future quality. Lets be honest, if a young player is in there, they should be an upgrade on the skillset of the players in there, just not fully developed. Ziebell is a better AFL footballer at the moment but has one of the lowest skillsets compared to Ahern, LDU etc

The AFL is not a development league, the idea is to play your best team each week to win the football match.

Which coincidentally is also how you develop youth properly.

Higgins needs to move, its been 3-4 weeks of this dip in form, despite the touches he racks up his decision making by handball & foot has been the lowest its been ever, the comp has basically figured him out, his speed & vision has taken a massive dip and so on. I think he'd be better off pushed back or forward at half to find some more freedom running where he's best, giving and receiving on the run.

Simpkin can go on the outside, LDU on the inside, and Ahern can be the middle man.
A decent coach would have made the move on Saturday.

As soon as Clarke got on top of him, he should have made the move to break the tag by sending him to half back.

If Clarke continued to tag him as a forward it plays into our hands, as Clarke wouldn’t have any impact as a forward and if not Higgins ball use out of the back half has to be better than McDonald or McMillan.

McMillan could have been pushed up to the wing.

A decent coach would have made the move on Saturday.

As soon as Clarke got on top of him, he should have made the move to break the tag by sending him to half back.

If Clarke continued to tag him as a forward it plays into our hands, as Clarke wouldn’t have any impact as a forward and if not Higgins ball use out of the back half has to be better than McDonald or McMillan.

McMillan could have been pushed up to the wing.

Wanna job?

Pick the best team to try and win the game of football. No one is entitled to play if they don't genuinely deserve to be in the team.
It’s a pointless exercise if you are constantly playing veterans to eek out a few cheap wins.

There has to be a time where you expose youth to the level knowing you are going to most likely lose the game with an eye to the future.

Mid table finishes with veterans is just a waste of time.

Wanna job?
Unfortunately my armchair analysis doesn’t look good on a PowerPoint lol

I know if I had that job, I would be trying to free up some of these players.

They don’t look to be enjoying their footy at the moment.

It’s paralysis by analysis. Too many instructions and not enough letting the players play on instinct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back