Opinion Unpopular opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Instead of current players turning up for segments on the Sunday morning footy shows, they should just replay a recording of a generic player in a generic jumper saying the same generic statements every week.

Weren't they doing that already..... I'll have to look closer!

Richmond is a better side without Nankervis in the side! Soldo did a great job today and proved we would be a better side with a tap ruckman who wins hitouts! how much better were we today! Dusty looked excited in there! Prestia was mopping up the 50/50 taps.

I Love Nankervis and the heart he brings but he isn't a monster at the ball-ups. if we win more centre clearances purely from ruck taps then that's something worth considering!

Richmond is a better side without Nankervis in the side! Soldo did a great job today and proved we would be a better side with a tap ruckman who wins hitouts! how much better were we today! Dusty looked excited in there! Prestia was mopping up the 50/50 taps.

I Love Nankervis and the heart he brings but he isn't a monster at the ball-ups. if we win more centre clearances purely from ruck taps then that's something worth considering!
Remember Hawthorn’s ruckman was injured in the first quarter. Nank would have had a field day yesterday.

I kinda agree with this but I don’t at the same time.

I think we are a better side without Nankervis as our first choice ruckman, but I don’t think we are a better side without Nankervis in general.

Nankervis is too valuable around the ground for us to be better off without him. He’s rated in the top 100 players for a reason. I just think that a guy like him would suit better being our second ruck because of his short stature relative to other rucks. That way we can benefit from what he does around the ground and also remain competitive against the better rucks in ruck contests.

I despise all the music and s**t leading up to the bounce. You can’t ******* hear yourself think, barely have a conversation and it has taken away what was one of the best things at every game, the natural build in crowd noise and anticipation that lead into the roar at the opening bounce.

And from a selfish point of view going to the footy is just hard yards these days having so many members which is obviously a good thing. I think we have a whole heap of supporters that going to the footy is a new thing and they’re extremely excitable and overly outraged when things aren’t going perfectly (if only some knew!) and that’s great!
But that along with the nightmare of getting into the games on transport etc might just about see me be one one of those watch from home types.
Maybe my days at the footy are cooked?
Maybe I’m just tired!

I despise all the music and **** leading up to the bounce. You can’t ******* hear yourself think, barely have a conversation and it has taken away what was one of the best things at every game, the natural build in crowd noise and anticipation that lead into the roar at the opening bounce.

Wrong thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I despise all the music and **** leading up to the bounce. You can’t ******* hear yourself think, barely have a conversation and it has taken away what was one of the best things at every game, the natural build in crowd noise and anticipation that lead into the roar at the opening bounce.

And from a selfish point of view going to the footy is just hard yards these days having so many members which is obviously a good thing. I think we have a whole heap of supporters that going to the footy is a new thing and they’re extremely excitable and overly outraged when things aren’t going perfectly (if only some knew!) and that’s great!
But that along with the nightmare of getting into the games on transport etc might just about see me be one one of those watch from home types.
Maybe my days at the footy are cooked?
Maybe I’m just tired!

I love going to the footy but I think you see more on TV especially if you have s**t vision like I do.

I love going to the footy but I think you see more on TV especially if you have **** vision like I do.
That’s the thing that keeps me there the exact opposite haha.
I can see what’s happening at the games further ahead, out wide etc and I don’t get that on the TV. Genuinely loved going to games for 40 years but feel I go more out of habit now rather than the love of being there.

Abolish the deliberate out of bounds rule.

Its either a ball up every time or a free kick against last team to touch it every time.

That's a terrible opinion :p

Ball up every time would have players going for the boundary way too often. Would get abused.

Last touch rule? Even worse. Congratulations, you just killed the spoil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back