Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“I think when he saw him on the ground, he took an opportunity to give him some feedback which I think Vards was getting most of the night,” Simpson said.

With all due respect porttoport I’ll take what Simpson said over your assumptions. Pretty clear Gawn had been chirping, which is fine he’s allowed to sledge, and Vardy took a misguided opportunity to return serve

Why this is such a big deal is beyond me

finally watching a replay of the game on the weekend as i was at teh ground... Brian Taylor is a disgrace for saying everything possible to try and get Jetta suspended. Crapped on about his neck being pinned and all. Then Bruce did everything he could to take the shine of Ryans mark by saying he HATED Vardys little touch.

Get these w***ers off Eagles games for gods sake.

I might be in the minority but i've never been a huge fan of Bruce. He's always been a decent caller and now he sticks out like a sore thumb cause he's surrounded by idiots but I think people overrate him. Dennis was head and shoulders above Bruce.

I don't mind a bit of passion and excitement but i find Bruce too much and I find BT taking that to an extreme level. I prefer pure callers of the game like Dennis, Huddo, Papalia and Healy.

I might be in the minority but i've never been a huge fan of Bruce. He's always been a decent caller and now he sticks out like a sore thumb cause he's surrounded by idiots but I think people overrate him. Dennis was head and shoulders above Bruce.

I don't mind a bit of passion and excitement but i find Bruce too much and I find BT taking that to an extreme level. I prefer pure callers of the game like Dennis, Huddo, Papalia and Healy.

Gee, you just get the feeling that he needs the validation of his fellow commentators, don’t you Vish?

Bruce and Dennis was a great pairing. Bruce calling the races is great. Bruce and the current tools they have on Seven is ear splitting, a big back slapping boys club for people that shouldn’t have the platform they do.

Paps is 100 times the caller any of them are, the sooner they put him on proper games not just whatever’s happening in Queensland, the better.

Gee, you just get the feeling that he needs the validation of his fellow commentators, don’t you Vish?

Bruce and Dennis was a great pairing. Bruce calling the races is great. Bruce and the current tools they have on Seven is ear splitting, a big back slapping boys club for people that shouldn’t have the platform they do.

Paps is 100 times the caller any of them are, the sooner they put him on proper games not just whatever’s happening in Queensland, the better.
100% Bruce and Dennis worked like Yin and Yang.

ch7 over the years has become a boys club, kinda like the ch9 cricket commentary over the years.

I'd prefer they give more air time to the likes of Jimmy Bartel over Lingy or Bt. Heck even Medows would provide a lot more insight than most of the morons at 7.

Yeah i think the average footy listener no longer appreciate pure callers like Paps/Huddo either.

One of the reasons I no longer watch much footy is due to the poor standard in commentary. I despise ch7 and i refuse to watch any non Eagles games that BT is doing.

We have Eddie to thank for that. He said in the post game show on Fox footy that it was a 2 goal turnaround as well as saying scores were level at the time - we actually trailed by a goal (54-60) when the free was paid

The capacity of football media to **** up basic facts to suit whatever agenda they’re spruiking is limitless
Someone on foxfooty raving about Gawns tapwork which was pretty good and including the tap to Nathan Jones goal . Gawn wasnt even in that ruck contest oscar Allen and Some mElbourne player both missed the throw in it bounced on the ground and Jones ran onto it .

I think Barrett has finally out done himself.

Thinks Varcoe should get off at the MRO because next week is indigenous round.
FMD.

"Just on Match Review matters, I actually hope lenience is applied to Collingwood's Trav Varcoe, who made head-high contact with Saint Ed Phillips.

It would be unfortunate if he was to miss next weekend's Pies-Swans match, where clubs wear indigenous themed guernseys, for his sister-in-law has designed the Collingwood jumper for that occasion".

I think Barrett has finally out done himself.

Thinks Varcoe should get off at the MRO because next week is indigenous round.
FMD.

"Just on Match Review matters, I actually hope lenience is applied to Collingwood's Trav Varcoe, who made head-high contact with Saint Ed Phillips.

It would be unfortunate if he was to miss next weekend's Pies-Swans match, where clubs wear indigenous themed guernseys, for his sister-in-law has designed the Collingwood jumper for that occasion".

Assuming he didn't afford Jetta the same luxury?

“I think when he saw him on the ground, he took an opportunity to give him some feedback which I think Vards was getting most of the night,” Simpson said.

With all due respect porttoport I’ll take what Simpson said over your assumptions. Pretty clear Gawn had been chirping, which is fine he’s allowed to sledge, and Vardy took a misguided opportunity to return serve

Why this is such a big deal is beyond me

Great work by Simpson classy you'll note not a mention of Gawn personally and Gawn has since come out and said he hadn't said a single word to Vardy

Given no mention of Gawn by Simpson Gawns emphatic denial , Gawns reputation for not sledging maybe Vardy was acting wrongly (Simmons opinion ) after other Demons had chirped him about his towelling up .

Classy by Gawn too to say he had no problem with Vardys mouth and actions

Simmo , Gawn emerge as class acts
Vardy you decide based on your values

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great work by Simpson classy you'll note not a mention of Gawn personally and Gawn has since come out and said he hadn't said a single word to Vardy

Given no mention of Gawn by Simpson Gawns emphatic denial , Gawns reputation for not sledging maybe Vardy was acting wrongly (Simmons opinion ) after other Demons had chirped him about his towelling up .

I don't really care.

Victorians will use it to paint us as the bad guys again. Ironic that it was Nathan Vardy, one of the few players they know because he used to play for a Victorian club.

Yeah because Melbourne players have never distorted the truth to make themselves look better.

Gawn says he didn't say anything but he also has an incentive to say that. Meanwhile plenty of others say he is notoriously lippy and had been on the night. Maybe not as clear cut as you make it seem.

Ultimately I think I would prefer that Vardy have not done that if only so we could avoid the Helen Lovejoying that's been happening since, but I'd also be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy watching my team take the opportunity to be unsociable once in a while too.

By the way I'm probably one of the few posters on our board that thinks you have something to add but you need to pull your head in if all you're going to do is criticise. Info and analysis is great, but your opinions are probably suited to somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really care.

Victorians will use it to paint us as the bad guys again. Ironic that it was Nathan Vardy, one of the few players they know because he used to play for a Victorian club.

I think you mean Nathan Ryan :moustache:

If you're going to get your knickers in a twist over this I suggest you stop watching footy.

Looks like Porttoport dislikes Eagles players with a last name starting with a V.

Can anyone explain why Gawn was running his mouth at quarter time?
Thanks for this

Just went and found the end of the first quarter - Gawn quite clearly gobbing off. But he says he didn’t say a word to vardy, yeah right

Did you have a stroke while typing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back