Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

The St. Kilda side of late 00's had Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Goddard, Montagna, Milne and Fisher and won none.

Yes, let's hope we reach the summit again, but let us not lose sight of the fact that they hard to win (and in fact often have more to do with the quality of players 16-22 than the top bracket).
Their bottom 5 picked every week were terrible. The most skewed side in terms of salary cap in history. It's taken them years to recover.

We have room to sign English, Smith, then chase another high end talent.

And is now a rising star for round 9

So happy for him (and us), the kid just keeps improving week on week.

And that’s two Baileys nominated so far this year 😄

Well done Bailey!

1558361352001.png

Jul 23, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Limited preseason and instead of looking like he needs a rest he's improving weekly. Projects as a very consistent player, his skill execution is technically very good by foot. Consistent season so far for a first year player. Hasn't had a break out game yet either. Very excited about his prospects if he can stay injury free.

Limited preseason and instead of looking like he needs a rest he's improving weekly. Projects as a very consistent player, his skill execution is technically very good by foot. Consistent season so far for a first year player. Hasn't had a break out game yet either. Very excited about his prospects if he can stay injury free.
This is the kid they had to tell to ease up on his private training regime. So he'd have started pretty fit were it not for his achilles injury pre-season.
He's looking good.

RS is BS. Looks good on a player's resume but has proven to be just a conversation piece over the years. A few good winners and a few duds. It's mainly there to keep the pot boiling mid-week and to help promote a bank that wants to nab your money.

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When Tommy Stewart had a go at the kid If I was Bailey I would have said mate at least I got drafted straight out of school at least I didn't have to wait 6 years to get drafted

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is not as quick as Cooney and certainly not off the mark.
Nor does he have the class of Griffen.
However, unlike either of those Bailey Smith is much more of a natural contested inside ball beast with more grit and far more commited.

But please - no one should be comparing a first year player to Brad Johnson.
It’s unfair to set expectations so high. Brad is a demigod.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
When Tommy Stewart had a go at the kid If I was Bailey I would have said mate at least I got drafted straight out of school at least I didn't have to wait 6 years to get drafted

In fairness I don't think Stewart was expecting to get drafted when he when he was climbing the break at South Barwon as he was most of that time. Didn't play VFL until 2016.

Jul 23, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
He is not as quick as Cooney and certainly not off the mark.
Nor does he have the class of Griffen.
However, unlike either of those Bailey Smith is much more of a natural contested inside ball beast with more grit and far more commited.

But please - no one should be comparing a first year player to Brad Johnson.
It’s unfair to set expectations so high. Brad is a demigod.
He's looked tentative so far, which is to be expected from a first year player with under 10 games to their name. I think he's yet to show us how explosive he is and how good he can be in the contest. I also think he'll start choosing more attacking options by foot as he starts feeling more comfortable at the level.

Back