2019 Team Value

Remove this Banner Ad

I have 9 of the top 10 averaging players in the comp, and 10/11, but my team value is pretty low at $12,450,400 total with $23,300 of that in the bank. I think there are a few reasons why. I didnt jump on ROB being the main one. Then Brayshaw is leaking loads of cash - although that doesn't matter to me as im holding him - and my forwardline mid-pricers Marshall, Worpel & Fisher arent really going anywhere value wise, as opposed to a combination of premiums and rookies. Then i have a few rookies that have stagnated in Setters and Parker.

Delving deeper, my bench is worth only $1,473,800 which is $184,225 on average, with a high of $257,200. My cash in the bank is $23,300 which means on field i have $10,953,300 which is $497,877 per player. After (most likely) getting Boak next round, which will complete my forwardline, i wont have the funds to do much upgrading for a little while so ill probably have a quiet few weeks over the byes while my rookies hopefully start making some cash.

Not too sure what to make of all that to be honest but i think i'm in a decent position considering the breakdown of funds in my team, despite a low overall value. I just hope rookies like Parker/Setterfield/Lockhart that i think have decent job security but arent making much cash, can 1) offer coverage during the byes and 2) pump out a good score or 2 to boost their value. If not, the final 3-4 upgrades i need to make (1-2 mids and 2 backs) may have to wait a little longer than i've anticipated/hoped.

I believe this close to 0 percent.

If it happens to be real you're leaving hundreds of points per week sitting in your bank account.

My strategy has been to focus on building value as the only objective early in the season in an effort to give myself the best chance at weekly prizes in the middle to later parts of the season. I don't care about wins or the overall prize. My entire team at the beginning of the season consisted of only rookies or bargains. I had over 3 million left over salary to start with and have been upgrading unhindered whenever a cashcow peaks and there are undervalued stars to upgrade to. I'm not saying it's a smart strategy but I enjoy it and have been doing it the past 3 seasons.

Not a bad effort (at photoshopping).

Where are u ranked so I can look you up??

Not photoshopped. I'm ranked well down at 164,391 of 201,827. A lot of weeks I carry multiple zeros because I've until recently still been in building mode and don't bother to change my starters.

My strategy has been to focus on building value as the only objective early in the season in an effort to give myself the best chance at weekly prizes in the middle to later parts of the season. I don't care about wins or the overall prize. My entire team at the beginning of the season consisted of only rookies or bargains. I had over 3 million left over salary to start with and have been upgrading unhindered whenever a cashcow peaks and there are undervalued stars to upgrade to. I'm not saying it's a smart strategy but I enjoy it and have been doing it the past 3 seasons.

Not photoshopped. I'm ranked well down at 164,391 of 201,827.
Teams not entered from week 1 don't count.

Not photoshopped. I'm ranked well down at 164,391 of 201,827.
Interesting ploy.
Have you won any weekly prizes so far?
Witts and Scully seem to be the main two fails,
You trade Libba?

Interesting ploy.
You trade Libba?
Judging by his strategy he dumped him 2 or so weeks ago.. not sure if sacrificing the first half of the season at the rare chance of winning a weekly prize is worth it, but each to their own

If im wasting time id prefer it to go toward the slim chance of 50k rather than 1k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams not entered from week 1 don't count.
He is saying he entered from round 1 but he started with a team full of rookies and mid-pricers. It is a legitimate strategy to try and win round prizes. I keep thinking ill try that strategy with AFL Fantasy as i really dont care about it, but havent done so yet. I think the best way to try and win a round prize is do what uoh11odV did but focus on one round during the byes when other teams will be missing the most players. That way you can have a complete team with the best scorers in each position while other players struggle to field 18.

Looking at the team pincrusher must be right.
No way could possible have started from round 1 and be ranked 164,000 with that team

Looking at biggest $$$ rise on the rankings section - teams who have scored ~4000 total points for the season are ranked at 175,000

I did something similar years ago when there were split rounds. I started the year like s**t so after 6 rounds i focussed on winning the split-round. Ended up with a massive score which was ion the top 50 but didnt get the prize. These days, with the bye rounds, if you start a team full of rookies and the bargain buys then you can really focus on winning a round. For instance, round 13 this season. You could almost have a team of the best 18+ players from teams that play in round 13. The only SC teams that could realistically compete with yours would be those that did the exact same thing. I mean, its a bit silly as your whole season is geared around 1 week but it does give you the highest chance of winning a prize. Each to their own i guess

Looking at the team pincrusher must be right.
No way could possible have started from round 1 and be ranked 164,000 with that team

Looking at biggest $$$ rise on the rankings section - teams who have scored ~4000 total points for the season are ranked at 175,000
I did something similar years ago when there were split rounds. I started the year like **** so after 6 rounds i focussed on winning the split-round. Ended up with a massive score which was ion the top 50 but didnt get the prize. These days, with the bye rounds, if you start a team full of rookies and the bargain buys then you can really focus on winning a round. For instance, round 13 this season. You could almost have a team of the best 18+ players from teams that play in round 13. The only SC teams that could realistically compete with yours would be those that did the exact same thing. I mean, its a bit silly as your whole season is geared around 1 week but it does give you the highest chance of winning a prize. Each to their own i guess
No way that team was entered from week 1. I have a friend who entered a team prior to week 3 and already up to 149k in rankings, with a team value much less than that. Scoring history should show it.

No way that team was entered from week 1. I have a friend who entered a team prior to week 3 and already up to 149k in rankings, with a team value much less than that. Scoring history should show it.
After closer inspection, you're correct. I think it was probably entered prior to round 4 after the first price rises due to the amount of trades left. Thats using 2 trades each week, and its definitely possible to have a team like that

Interesting ploy.
You trade Libba?

No prizes. I have come very close a couple times over the last few years but I guess a lot of people have those kind of stories. I mainly just find it a fun way to play the game to see how far I can take it. I don't expect to ever win anything.

Witts and Scully will definitely be gone soon. I would prefer to upgrade my forward line first but it all depends on the breakevens as to who get priority.

Yep, I traded him out in Round 9 for Oliver. A bit late but not too bad.

That is true. I deliberately started in round 3 before the first increases so I could select the optimal cashcow lineup (with eye on job security of course).

That said, i would like to see the trading history of a team like that to make sure it is legit. Its possible, but given only 12 trades have been used it may not be legit

My trade history doesn't show further than round 5 but I that's when I started trading anyway (12 trades). I have definitely made some mistakes. Bringing in Scully was a wasted move and I was late on Gibbons so he only gained 74k before I was forced to trade him out. I still have about 9-10 cashcows that have now matured (or close to) and will be traded out over the coming weeks (and another 2 or 3 others that I'm waiting on).

Capture.JPG

No prizes. I have come very close a couple times over the last few years but I guess a lot of people have those kind of stories. I mainly just find it a fun way to play the game to see how far I can take it. I don't expect to ever win anything.

Witts and Scully will definitely be gone soon. I would prefer to upgrade my forward line first but it all depends on the breakevens as to who get priority.

Yep, I traded him out in Round 9 for Oliver. A bit late but not too bad.

That is true. I deliberately started in round 3 before the first increases so I could select the optimal cashcow lineup (with eye on job security of course).

My trade history doesn't show further than round 5 but I that's when I started trading anyway (12 trades). I have definitely made some mistakes. Bringing in Scully was a wasted move and I was late on Gibbons so he only gained 74k before I was forced to trade him out. I still have about 9-10 cashcows that have now matured (or close to) and will be traded out over the coming weeks (and another 2 or 3 others that I'm waiting on).

View attachment 677820
Feel free to visit the 2020 team value thread next year when you enter your team from round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back