MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

would have made a difference for sure..........doesn't feel as good saying it when you're angry though - I'd like it if every time a contentious free kick was paid, the game was stopped for 5 or 10 minutes to let the players time out, calm down and focus better.........

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
would have made a difference for sure..........doesn't feel as good saying it when you're angry though - I'd like it if every time a contentious free kick was paid, the game was stopped for 5 or 10 minutes to let the players time out, calm down and focus better.........
That 5 or 10 minutes will give us ump bashers time to calm the farm too ..good idea..

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
That 5 or 10 minutes will give us ump bashers time to calm the farm too ..good idea..
Game of footy will go longer than a gridiron game.

Im wondering how many people here condoning thomas' words would say that if their child was the umpire? Happy for some nameless person to be abused but how would it feel if it was your child? Would you ever call your child a fn cheat?

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Game of footy will go longer than a gridiron game.

Im wondering how many people here condoning thomas' words would say that if their child was the umpire? Happy for some nameless person to be abused but how would it feel if it was your child? Would you ever call your child a fn cheat?
My post was sarcasm :p:p for Thy..

murphbf08

All Australian
Nov 18, 2007
hawthorn
AFL Club
Carlton
This is simply bewildering, it really is hard to see how Daisy is not completely correct in his assessment of the afl's representatives. How has Mumford not got banned? how? the act was clearly intentional, there was a clear strike, it was clearly late. The intent was there. Broken ribs medical report would indicate a level of impact? (i can only assume that the AFL gets their information from Bigfooty and have read several times that Murphy is soft a butter and assessed the impact as low?) resulting in a fine! did mumford even get a fine?

I am assuming that Brad Lloyd comments are naively trying to establish precedent when the blues come out angry next week and clobber a few saints. Do we get to play GWS again this year, i'm hoping we get them round 21 and casboult's 1 job for the day is to play 25 meters behind Mumford. everybody else's role is to kick it high on mumfords head.

mumford hasn't crossed the line here... it seems there is no line for mumford... possibly it got snorted during preseason?

Here here, it is an absolute disgrace that not only carlton supporters but the community as a whole are not up in arms about this, it really says alot about our society. Is it because murphy is not a young A grade player anymore and no cares about him, because that's what's it's telling me.If that was Dustin Martin or danger field it would be all over the back page of the paper and no way Mumford would get off, the whole AFL system is now corrupt and broken to what I grew up with and loved about the game.Even in the 80s and 90s players had there own code of conduct and if you went outside that you payed the price on the field. Now everyone is beholden to the corrupt morally defunct AFL hierarchy. This incident for me sets a very low precedent and i personally don't want my kids involved in a game where this action is acceptable.

rampar

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Still cant believe that snorting prick got off. Media doesn't give a toss. Unbelievable

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Agree it’s unbelievable the troll Mumford gets off without any reprimand and or fine minimum.
What’s more pathetic is our footy ops mngr , Llyod applauding and condoning the behavior as desirable. So Krooz should have rammed his knee into any GWS midfielders kidneys in a falling action eyes on the ball of course and squared the ledger?

murphbf08

All Australian
Nov 18, 2007
hawthorn
AFL Club
Carlton
Agree it’s unbelievable the troll Mumford gets off without any reprimand and or fine minimum.
What’s more pathetic is our footy ops mngr , Llyod applauding and condoning the behavior as desirable. So Krooz should have rammed his knee into any GWS midfielders kidneys in a falling action eyes on the ball of course and squared the ledger?

Nah you don't have have you eyes on the ball, just charge in and any collateral damage on way, all good , play on.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Lloyd’s media skills are dull and he seemed lost , ill prepared.
Whose bright idea was it to place him to front a media interview he looked lost totally unprepared unsophisticated to say in the least, the dill was lost.

Moody Blue

Premiership Player
May 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ablett belts blokes around the head, twice... and nothing to answer for.

Mark Murphy should be reported for faking broken ribs.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Mumford's knee/thigh to Murph's ribs was 100% intentional, it wasn't a footy action, it was a deliberate strike to the body, club should have taken a much greater response.

Epitomises the appeasement strategy the Club has rolled out the past 10 years. "Oh yes all mighty AFL, we are so sorry for existing, please punish us in your absolute discretion"

Kruezing

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
There is now a target on every blue player. The MRP has just given their full permission.
Actually if we had anyone with any cahunas in the side I’d take it as full permission to be driving knees into every contest this week and beyond ...

Back