FTA-TV The Front Bar (Thurs Ed) 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Maclure on the front bar tomorrow night. They'll show something that can't be unseen - Sellers, in the nude with a footy covering his crown jewels.

TFB having a go at religious figures, nothing about Muhammad of course.

Some of it is uninformed. Andy Maher making Buddha fat jokes, except the fat bloke isn't Buddha.

buddha-laughingbuddha.jpg

Last edited:
Garry Lyon will be on The Front Bar either August 29 or September 5. He'll let Mick have his squadron fun and make an appearance on the show just before the start of the finals.

Not a regular watcher but I would assume any good comedian on tv would have some visual fun with some Rampe climbling pole re-enactment skits.
Was there anything on it last night, and if so could you direct me to a video of it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the closing cook tonight what comments was Caro referring to in regards to Aka's appearance on the Front Bar?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On the closing cook tonight what comments was Caro referring to in regards to Aka's appearance on the Front Bar?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Aker was recalling all the places he has been sacked from and said how he was sacked from an Indigenous radio station for calling the blokes behind the scenes monkeys when they had stuffed something up on the show.

Aker was recalling all the places he has been sacked from and said how he was sacked from an Indigenous radio station for calling the blokes behind the scenes monkeys when they had stuffed something up on the show.

Yikes. I like the front bar but you can only imagine the reaction if that was said on the footy show back in the day.

Yikes. I like the front bar but you can only imagine the reaction if that was said on the footy show back in the day.

Yeah it was a bit awkward for a second and they tried to move on from it as quick as they could. Definitely would of been in the news all week if said on the footy show

Aker was good and the other player interview was too, but the rest of the show was pretty flat IMO. Lots of jokes that didn't land.

I think a fair amount of their jokes each week misfire but it's easy to tolerate because they have such a self-deprecating atmosphere about it and they're often prepared to mock their own inept attempts at humour. It was the polar opposite on TFS where the atmosphere reeked of smugness.

I think a fair amount of their jokes each week misfire but it's easy to tolerate because they have such a self-deprecating atmosphere about it and they're often prepared to mock their own inept attempts at humour. It was the polar opposite on TFS where the atmosphere reeked of smugness.

Thats part of the shows charm, jokes that don't work and then they make fun of the fact they didn't work. Doesn't take itself too seriously

Andy Maher is a fool. Michael Long spoke about his ill father early in the show tonight but showed that it's a sensitive topic for him and brought him to tears. So what does Andy do? Asks him about his father later in the show only for Michael to be brought to tears again and unable to talk about it.

The term 'think before you speak' didn't apply here.

Yeah it was a bit awkward for a second and they tried to move on from it as quick as they could. Definitely would of been in the news all week if said on the footy show

Yeah, same goes for a few jokes from TFB. Mick made a joke about an overweight lady jumping off a cliff into the sea, as being the cause of the Boxing Day Tsunami. Sam would have had to apologise for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back