Preview Changes: R10 2019 v West Coast - NOW WITH POLL!

Will the match committee opt for Jenkins or Himmelberg this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
After only 4 games for a player in the system for 4 years to hit the wall is pretty concerning in anyones book

If that is actually the case he will play again this weekend and may perform or may not

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Himmelberg was drafted in 2016 so this is year three, not year four.

But of course you are correct. Much more likely he just had a bad game vs a very good opponent. Harris Andrews is a Star.

I don’t think we should drop him, but I think the club will drop him.

If he comes back after one game just like Greenwood was rested for one game in 2017 then we will know it is because he needed a rest.

If he stays in the reserves then he was actually dropped but the club used resting as a pretext.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Himmelberg was drafted in 2016 so this is year three, not year four.

But of course you are correct. Much more likely he just had a bad game vs a very good opponent. Harris Andrews is a Star.

I don’t think we should drop him, but I think the club will drop him.

If he comes back after one game just like Greenwood was rested for one game in 2017 then we will know it is because he needed a rest.

If he stays in the reserves then he was actually dropped but the club used resting as a pretext.
The stats just highlighted indicates to me he isnt playing that position correctly way too much ground covered he isnt a 75 kilo outside midfielder

Maybe thats hos issue which i suggested too inexperienced

I would keep playing him he needs to develop but dont be too concerned with wins and losses if you are going to play a lot of rookies

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
The stats just highlighted indicates to me he isnt playing that position correctly way too much ground covered he isnt a 75 kilo outside midfielder

Maybe thats hos issue which i suggested too inexperienced

I would keep playing him he needs to develop but dont be too concerned with wins and losses if you are going to play a lot of rookies

I think EH is a natural lead up facilitator. He is not a JJ style spearhead. He has more in common with Tom Lynch than our other forwards.

With EH in the team we have Tex playing deeper and EH clearing out leading up the field.

A few years ago when Tex was up the ground more it might be a problem but currently I think it’s fine.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think EH is a natural lead up facilitator. He is not a JJ style spearhead. He has more in common with Tom Lynch than our other forwards.

With EH in the team we have Tex playing deeper and EH clearing out leading up the field.

A few years ago when Tex was up the ground more it might be a problem but currently I think it’s fine.

Then is he the man for the job, we need someone to replace Tex for starters, Tex hangs around CHF JJ played deep, lynch was the running machine as he had the natural engine to do it. Are we now not having someone play deep

Has EH got the natural fitness ability to replace Lynch, I doubt it, more likely to play around CHF like Tex or maybe deep where not as much running is required and can do stints in ruck like JJ used to do

Did he not follow instructions or did they play him to see if he is capable to cover the ground he attempted to, because that surely failed

It gets annoying hearing Bickley in particular talking down our young players every chance he gets. He constantly talks down the likes of Berg and Fog and always backs the senior player, even if their form is poor. He would have been a shocking coach.

I'd like to see Stengle come in, but doubt they want three small forwards who can't roll through the midfield.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Then is he the man for the job, we need someone to replace Tex for starters, Tex hangs around CHF JJ played deep, lynch was the running machine as he had the natural engine to do it. Are we now not having someone play deep

Has EH got the natural fitness ability to replace Lynch, I doubt it, more likely to play around CHF like Tex or maybe deep where not as much running is required and can do stints in ruck like JJ used to do

Did he not follow instructions or did they play him to see if he is capable to cover the ground he attempted to, because that surely failed
I thought I was agreeing with you but now I’m not so sure

Team balance is fine currently with Tex deeper and EH leading up.

EH was smashed by Harris Andrews, a legit star of the competition. This was EH’s fifth game.

As long as his effort is good then I would persist.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It gets annoying hearing Bickley in particular talking down our young players every chance he gets. He constantly talks down the likes of Berg and Fog and always backs the senior player, even if their form is poor. He would have been a shocking coach.

I'd like to see Stengle come in, but doubt they want three small forwards who can't roll through the midfield.
Yesterday when talking to Godden he referred to EH’s form being down over a few games, the kids had one quiet game and now he’s been for weeks?

Greenwood was s**t, so was Atkins, we had plenty of senior players who did nothing but let’s focus on the kid so he can get JJ back in.

Yesterday when talking to Godden he referred to EH’s form being down over a few games, the kids had one quiet game and now he’s been for weeks?

Greenwood was ****, so was Atkins, we had plenty of senior players who did nothing but let’s focus on the kid so he can get JJ back in.

He was also talking as though Douglas was a lock to come in. Dougie had a paltry 13 disposals in the SANFL. Even our top up players get more of the ball than that.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Greenwood was ****, so was Atkins, we had plenty of senior players who did nothing but let’s focus on the kid so he can get JJ back in.
Thats selling the changes to get media onside before announcing JJ in of EH and also preparing us for Douglas in too by the sounds of it.
I think unfair from Godden as EH has done well until this week but was he worse than many many of JJ games in last game.
I am not one of the JJ bash brigade but think EH long term offers more. Only positive more we play JJ the more we will get in trade deal.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thats selling the changes to get media onside before announcing JJ in of EH and also preparing us for Douglas in too by the sounds of it.
I think unfair from Godden as EH has done well until this week but was he worse than many many of JJ games in last game.
I am not one of the JJ bash brigade but think EH long term offers more. Only positive more we play JJ the more we will get in trade deal.
No Bickley said it, Godden defended EH previous form

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought I was agreeing with you but now I’m not so sure

Team balance is fine currently with Tex deeper and EH leading up.

EH was smashed by Harris Andrews, a legit star of the competition. This was EH’s fifth game.

As long as his effort is good then I would persist.

Is Tex capable of playing deep he tends to get caught out in wrestles where JJ has height on his side and with that Bball background

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

But Kane McGoodwin says hes hit the wall that would mean he has hit the wall after 2 games, now that doesn't sound promising, don't listen to Godden what would he know

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

We should only listen to players and coaches when it suits what we want to hear and our own arguement hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

You wrote this as if Godden said it, did Godden agree with Bicks or dispute this?

Back