Dale Thomas Umpire Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Think.the point that is being clearly missed because I see no one on here mention it nor the fox media.

The umpire was Michael Barlow.

Puts it into context a little, I imagine Michael was mouthing off from the boundary line for a while before Thomas snapped back.
Not sure it was the Michael Barlow you're thinking of

Daisy's little tanty is a symptom of a deeper problem: the low standard of umpiring. I don't think any of them cheat deliberately, but they're not very good.

If the standard of umpiring is as low as you say it is, the number 1 reason is because people don't want to umpire. And the main reason people don't want to umpire is because of all the s**t they cop.

So, the main reason for low umpiring standards is people like you. Congratulations.

Calling an ump a cheat strikes at the integrity of the game

No issue if he is found guilty that he misses weeks because of it.

Unless he of course he can justify his comments in fact or indeed there is some further context to it

Further context:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-21/i-respect-umpires-daisy-shocked-and-set-for-tellall-tribunal

Anyway, looks like Daisy has copped a $7500 fine, no weeks.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-21/follow-it-live-daisy-big-tiger-at-the-tribunal-from-5pm-aest

- Thomas will be pleading guilty to making abusive language to an umpire.
- Thomas concedes he told the boundary umpire: "You can't tell them that d***head ... you're a f***ing cheat."
- Thomas called umpire Michael Barlow via telephone and "apologised unreservedly" for the incident today.
- Thomas will not be offering an excuse for his comments over the weekend.
- Dale Thomas has been fined $7500.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the standard of umpiring is as low as you say it is, the number 1 reason is because people don't want to umpire. And the main reason people don't want to umpire is because of all the **** they cop.

So, the main reason for low umpiring standards is people like you. Congratulations.

Grow up.

Anyone making even the slightest defence of Daisy is part of the problem.

There is nothing you can say that is worse than calling into question an umpires integrity.

Its one thing for us to get on BF and anonymously whinge about the umpires as a collective but another to stand there and attack and abuse one directly and personally.

$7500 is horrifically underdone in terms of justice. It should be an automatic week.

Those making excuses no doubt go to their children's matches and abuse 14 year old umpires.

This act is a scourge on the sport and its about the only league where doing i5 doesn't get you ejected or suspended .

I understand Carlton fans wanting to protect their own but some things are more important and this is one. If a crow goes out and calls an umpire a cheat, id want him in tje stands for a week. Itd sort the problem out very quickly.

Anyone making even the slightest defence of Daisy is part of the problem.

There is nothing you can say that is worse than calling into question an umpires integrity.

Its one thing for us to get on BF and anonymously whinge about the umpires as a collective but another to stand there and attack and abuse one directly and personally.

$7500 is horrifically underdone in terms of justice. It should be an automatic week.

Those making excuses no doubt go to their children's matches and abuse 14 year old umpires.

This act is a scourge on the sport and its about the only league where doing i5 doesn't get you ejected or suspended .

I understand Carlton fans wanting to protect their own but some things are more important and this is one. If a crow goes out and calls an umpire a cheat, id want him in tje stands for a week. Itd sort the problem out very quickly.
None of that solves the umpires cheating issue

Absolute garbage. I thought this was a man’s game? What happens on the field should stay on the field. It doesn’t matter one inch if his claim is true or not - letting off steam is a component of any sport. They want everyone to be emotionless robots. Daisy has nothing to apologise for. Joke.

Last edited:
Absolute garbage. I thought this was a man’s game? What happens on the field should stay on the field. It doesn’t matter one inch if his claim is true or not - letting off steam is a component of any sport. They want everyone to be emotionless robots. Daisy has nothing to apologise for. Joke.

In that case do I get free rein to say what I want to whoever I want during a match?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back