Recommitted Peter Wright [re-signed for 3 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously he is an ex Falcon and we do tend to look at them but I really dont think Geelong would be "sniffing around" Worpell... at the most it would be something like ..if you ever want a change etc you have our number

We have a need for certain players types like every club .. and if he came to us ..thats one thing but I really doubt we would try to get him after he just signing a new contract.. not to mention Haw and Geelong rarely trade with each other.. I think they both repsect each other system a bit too much to help strengthen it.

So you're denying that your club tried to lure him last year then?

So you're denying that your club tried to lure him last year then?

Not at all.. how would I know.. Im expressing an opinion.

Are you saying Pre or Post him signing a new contract?

IMO , If we sounded him out ..its probably no different then every club does to 100's of players each year... but as I said Id be surprised if we really would go out of our way to try to lure him after he signed a new contract.. and as I said Hawks and Cats really dont have much of a history of trading with each other... so the chance of getting him while contracted would seem unlikely to me.

I would be surprised if he didn't re-sign to be honest. Plays with his best mate. Runs a program for homeless teens on the Coast. Has sounded positive every time he has spoken. No whispers like there was with Lynch.

Out of him and Martin of our OOC players, I would be more surprised if Wright left. But nothing is clear until he signs.

He has a couple more years till FA.. he may well be smart to hang around for a while ..Im sure GC will reward him for his loyalty. Does he have any comp for his spot ? Brayden C?

The stats in the paper show his kicking accuracy is down .. where has he been taking his shots from?

View attachment 666030
In previous seasons he is the one bloke from the club I would have taking a shot for my life, he seems to hit the ball so cleanly. This year his accuracy seems to be all over the shop, mind you he isn't the only one from the Suns, I am surprised Sexton isn't in that worst set shot list either. If we had kicked straighter this year, we may of even had an extra win.

Not at all.. how would I know.. Im expressing an opinion.

Are you saying Pre or Post him signing a new contract?

IMO , If we sounded him out ..its probably no different then every club does to 100's of players each year... but as I said Id be surprised if we really would go out of our way to try to lure him after he signed a new contract.. and as I said Hawks and Cats really dont have much of a history of trading with each other... so the chance of getting him while contracted would seem unlikely to me.

I've been told that it's been both.

Obviously with the likelyhood of Kelly leaving and with also Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood getting on in age, a player such as Worpel would be more than a handy get.

He was Geelong through and through and was apparently really disheartened that you didn't draft him however in saying that he's now a Hawk at heart.

There's been more than one attempt of winning him over and for our sake I hope that he continues to refuse if there's another attempt.

The kid was at one point considered to be a likely Top 10 pick, has strong leadership traits and is going to be an absolute beast!

If for some unforeseen and unfortunate reason he was to have a change of heart then I seriously doubt the club would let him go for anything less than a 1st Round Selection which I'd still feel uneasy about.

I absolutely love the kid and would like to sincerely thank you for overlooking him on 3 occasions 😁

Obviously with the likelyhood of Kelly leaving and with also Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood getting on in age, a player such as Worpel would be more than a handy get.

He was Geelong through and through and was apparently really disheartened that you didn't draft him however in saying that he's now a Hawk at heart.

There's been more than one attempt of winning him over and for our sake I hope that he continues to refuse if there's another attempt.

The kid was at one point considered to be a likely Top 10 pick, has strong leadership traits and is going to be an absolute beast!

If for some unforeseen and unfortunate reason he was to have a change of heart then I seriously doubt the club would let him go for anything less than a 1st Round Selection which I'd still feel uneasy about.

I absolutely love the kid and would like to sincerely thank you for overlooking him on 3 occasions 😁

If a player gets to 40 something more than 1 club has over looked him... Im familar with him ..most on the Geelong board are hyper aware of Falcons..so he was tracked both years of the u18's. Im not aware of why he was not picked by 40 something, certainly the year before he was rated as high as R1.. not too many had him R1 in his draft year. Geelong may have highly rated him but just rated the other three guys more than him..but with out seeing the order we had players who knows. So far 2 of the 3 picks back that up. Anyway ... 2mp thread lets not divert it any further.

He has a couple more years till FA.. he may well be smart to hang around for a while ..Im sure GC will reward him for his loyalty. Does he have any comp for his spot ? Brayden C?
Crossley is currently injured and is still a year away from being a best 22 caliber player imo, while he is super aggressive and i wish 2MP was like that, he is a bit slow and struggles a little with the speed of AFL so far. Next year he should be really gunning for that 2nd forward/ruck spot

No problems...hes a good player but we are not short of inside mids we dont exactly need to be trading a R1 for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got examples of Geelong Falcons players that were drafted to Melbourne clubs, became best 22 and then were traded back to Geelong?

Dahlhaus.

Crossley is currently injured and is still a year away from being a best 22 caliber player imo, while he is super aggressive and i wish 2MP was like that, he is a bit slow and struggles a little with the speed of AFL so far. Next year he should be really gunning for that 2nd forward/ruck spot

Whats Crossley over head marking like.. I think he mainly played ruck at a lower level? In fact , what I have seen its an area that I think hold 2mp back... he doesnt come across as a strong mark.

I think GC have a few choices to make .. Can Crossley play in the same side as Wright?

I can see North Melbourne being foolish enough to trade their first round pick for 2 Metre Peter which would be way overs on current exposed form.

This could be another Robbie Warnock scenario where a club pays way overs for Petey, and will come to regret it in years to come.

I can see North Melbourne being foolish enough to trade their first round pick for 2 Metre Peter which would be way overs on current exposed form.

This could be another Robbie Warnock scenario where a club pays way overs for Petey, and will come to regret it in years to come.
Seems more a silly SoS thing to do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back