Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your help fellas
Sorry mate, I couldn't help myself. Scott said today he expects him to play but take that with a grain of salt.

7218001A-BD1A-42FB-AC3A-45DF19CCD6D0.jpeg

tomthabuddah1

Senior List
Jun 14, 2018
UK
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool
Scott just said expect to see Cockatoo rounds 17-18. They're being ultra cautious.

Cocky has alot of potential - but he would need to convince that he can play 4 quarters without breaking down - not sure he could do that coming back so late.

Cocky has alot of potential - but he would need to convince that he can play 4 quarters without breaking down - not sure he could do that coming back so late.
Cocky is going through a mini-preseason that involves a lot of running to get his body prepared for games given he hasn't played for so long. When he finally returns to the VFL he'll be 110% right to go. He latest setbacks have been contact related which is simply bad luck and could happen to anyone.

tomthabuddah1

Senior List
Jun 14, 2018
UK
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cocky is going through a mini-preseason that involves a lot of running to get his body prepared for games given he hasn't played for so long. When he finally returns to the VFL he'll be 110% right to go. He latest setbacks have been contact related which is simply bad luck and could happen to anyone.

Would love if this works out that way - he could be a huge asset. Let's hope for no more bad luck set backs and he can play some football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love if this works out that way - he could be a huge asset. Let's hope for no more bad luck set backs and he can play some football.
Hopefully he finishes the season off well at VFL level, has a huge pre-season and puts himself in the frame for selection at the start of next year. He's missed too much football now to be a realistic chance of forcing his way back this year.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
For those in the fantasy football community, Cam Guthrie? We reckon he's likely to play?

The club is pathetic with injury updates so it would only be a pure guess.

The injury list above is done by the AFL website and not the club and he would have been listed as a "test" because he copped a corky in the second half of the match last week and the cameras in the rooms showed him doing a fitness test at 3QT. He didn't look to be able to move that well but ended up coming back on.

We've tended to rest anyone with a minor knock this year but we are now at critical mass in the midfield so if he is like 90% I think they would play him.

Constable would have been an easy in if they were going to rest him however he went off injured in the first 5 minutes of the VFL game.

So the only other option that is currently fit would be Scott Selwood and hopefully we don't need to go there.

My guess would be that he would be likely to play.

The club is pathetic with injury updates so it would only be a pure guess.

The injury list above is done by the AFL website and not the club and he would have been listed as a "test" because he copped a corky in the second half of the match last week and the cameras in the rooms showed him doing a fitness test at 3QT. He didn't look to be able to move that well but ended up coming back on.

We've tended to rest anyone with a minor knock this year but we are now at critical mass in the midfield so if he is like 90% I think they would play him.

Constable would have been an easy in if they were going to rest him however he went off injured in the first 5 minutes of the VFL game.

So the only other option that is currently fit would be Scott Selwood and hopefully we don't need to go there.

My guess would be that he would be likely to play.

Cool, cheers, yeah the AFL update is bodgy at best.

And you blokes play ducks and drakes something shocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back