Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club honestly needs to explain why Matt Kennedy isn't playing. Does this have any relation back to the instagram drama?
Wouldn’t think so. But it staggers me that Kennedy’s not getting a game. Why did we give up pick 16 to get this guy? I know it’s hindsight recruiting but that Kelly bloke at Geelong goes ok and would have been exactly what we needed. I would of thought that Bolts would have signed off on SOS getting Kennedy, so somethings not right.

Cripps needs a hard body in the midfield and around the stoppages to assist him. The Saints will consider a hard tag, but not sure they have a DeBoer type to contain him. Kennedy is that hard body and has to come in. First use of the ball out of the centre bounces will be vital in this game.

I agree with Dow needing a rest but Setters has really dropped off since the start. Was absolutely murdered playing half fwd in the second half. Fumbly and terrible ball security. Must just be rust (fatigue would be odd given his afl sanctioned break). Normally rust gets better with games but he was putrid (had some friends).

Realistically I think Setters should be dropped and Dow 'managed'.

Setters has not been offering much run and consistently gets low disposal counts, while Dow has looked tired in recent weeks...his defensive actions have been pretty meek as he seems to save most of his energy for offensive bursts.

Kennedy and Lang are both inside mids, so they would be covered.

In midfield, Cuningham/Kennedy/Lang to replace Murphy/Dow/Setterfield.

I would like to think the club would arrange the players some extra tackling practice this week. Don't know how many times GWS players just brushed our boys aside, with ineffective / missed tackles. Very important our tackling is spot on in this game to keep extreme pressure on the Saints. Gang tackling and hopefully make them crack.

Wouldn’t think so. But it staggers me that Kennedy’s not getting a game. Why did we give up pick 16 to get this guy? I know it’s hindsight recruiting but that Kelly bloke at Geelong goes ok and would have been exactly what we needed. I would of thought that Bolts would have signed off on SOS getting Kennedy, so somethings not right.

maybe there is something a miss? but i'm starting to think its just bad coaching at the selection panel. Often we will see a player work his way to into the 22 during the preseason and other loose favour during the preseason. These guys are then asked to "earn their spot" in the 1's by performing in the 2's. JSOS is a pretty good example of this in 2019. During the utopian preseason of non-contested football and shinny new toys JSOS was pushed out of the lineup by Fasolo and Poison. It was their spot to loose and JSOS spot to earn...

9 games into the actual contested football year and JSOS is holding his spot nicely while the other two are languishing in the 2's injury free. stubbornly match committee seem to be passing up kennedy because he lacks some desired characteristic while the team flounders because it lacks the characteristics that are Kennedy's strengths.

It should not be hard to find room in a team that has coped two flogging in three weeks because they have been unwilling or unable to commit themselves to halve the contest. Put kennedy into the centre square, remove walsh/Dow/ setterfield from those contests.

GIVE IT A TRY, its unlikely to cause a result worse than last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1558434630288.png TRAIN THEM.....
1558434859824.png EXCITE THEM.....
1558435159150.png ARM THEM.....

THEN TURN THEM LOOSE ON THE ST KILDA HIGH COMMAND!!
1558435251205.png 1558435461815.png 1558435716858.png 1558435841010.png
Sorry people, just channeling a little "Dirty Dozen" for this week.
1558435939389.png
Which 12 Blues do we want to see dirty up a bit for this weeks game ?

You get the feeling Goddard May come in for this match.
Why? Given Jones won't be back Plowman should come in for Caz. Saint have a small team we don't need extra talls ( doubt we ever do ). If we get stretched in the backline MMG can go back.

Would be horrified if he gets a game at this stage.

Dear Carlton Football Club, can we please bring in Darcy Lang and Alex Fasolo this week and play them up forward.
Can we also move Ed Curnow and Michael Gibbons into the midfield to assist Patrick Cripps in the scrap, and maybe bring in Matthew Kennedy to assist, so Zac Fisher and Sam Walsh and Samo Petrevski-Seton can play outside games because they can run and get the ball a lot and kick it to our forwards.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Mr Ed

Why? Given Jones won't be back Plowman should come in for Caz. Saint have a small team we don't need extra talls ( doubt we ever do ). If we get stretched in the backline MMG can go back.

Would be horrified if he gets a game at this stage.
horrified?

Dear Carlton Football Club, can we please bring in Darcy Lang and Alex Fasolo this week and play them up forward.
Can we also move Ed Curnow and Michael Gibbons into the midfield to assist Patrick Cripps in the scrap, and maybe bring in Matthew Kennedy to assist, so Zac Fisher and Sam Walsh and Samo Petrevski-Seton can play outside games because they can run and get the ball a lot and kick it to our forwards.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Mr Ed

I second this.

horrified?
Yep.

As much as I want to be behind the coach I am getting sick of poor selections like Macreadie last week . Had a bad feeling about it before the game and a very bad feeling during the game.

The best contested mark in the game does it 3 times a game. Talls are over rated. We are a slow team and need more run and agility, but still we play a side with half the players over 190 cm.

So Cripps and Docs kicked the coaches out and addressed each individual player one on one hah.Well if that dosent get a response then close the place down and hand back the keys.

So who tore Mr Cripps a new one for his woeful performance on the weekend? Or was it self analysis?

Realistically I think Setters should be dropped and Dow 'managed'.

Setters has not been offering much run and consistently gets low disposal counts, while Dow has looked tired in recent weeks...his defensive actions have been pretty meek as he seems to save most of his energy for offensive bursts.

Kennedy and Lang are both inside mids, so they would be covered.

In midfield, Cuningham/Kennedy/Lang to replace Murphy/Dow/Setterfield.

Im assuming " managed " is the new age, fandangled way to drop someone nowadays so they, their managers or families don't get upset about being " dropped "?

any thoughts on fasolo playing in the middle?...~180cm/80-85kg...smart player...reckon he might go ok and it might help bring him into the game.

Now we’re getting there played 103 games too and has a good nose for a goal, whilst we’re at it no harm in trying out Kennedy and Lang too.
They may just help our engine room a little. Rest the Whippets for a week or two , they need it.

Im assuming " managed " is the new age, fandangled way to drop someone nowadays so they, their managers or families don't get upset about being " dropped "?

Not really, i look at 'managed' as 'rested' and it means they don't even play VFL.

Dow looks like he needs a weekend of no footy to recharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back