Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be honest, I really don't care if he plays or not.

Nothing against Chad, but I honestly don't see us winning a GF this year anymore. (Love to be wrong)

I always see us winning a GF in the future so at the moment that is next year now... and I expect Chad will be part of that.

If having this week/year helps that... I'm for it.

Burton is a Port player now, what he does from here on in doesn't matter we have The Chad and if i could go back to last seasons trade period and change it i still wouldn't.

Our forward line has been a massive concern so far this season (not entirely the fault of our forwards to be fair). Why would i want another half back flanker to go with the 7362 others we have instead of one of the best small forwards in the comp? Give him time and he will get back to that level.

Was definitely wrong thinking his best footy would be played in the forward line, he is most definitely a midfielder primarily and with improved fitness will be good to watch for a few years

Probably his best game for us so far. Obviously didn't hit the scoreboard like he did in his first one for us against the Roos, but I think holistically he performed better in this one against Port. He didn't fade in and out of the game, he was doing all the team things and helped set up a number of goals and brought others into the game. Great signs of what is to come once he reaches full fitness and is in better sync with the rest of the team.

Probably his best game for us so far. Obviously didn't hit the scoreboard like he did in his first one for us against the Roos, but I think holistically he performed better in this one against Port. He didn't fade in and out of the game, he was doing all the team things and helped set up a number of goals and brought others into the game. Great signs of what is to come once he reaches full fitness and is in better sync with the rest of the team.

Thought his endeavour was amazing. Played a very strong 'team' game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the lions have a matchup for him? Could be his breakout game. Was good last sat but am expecting him to kick a bag this week. Brisbane leak goals to small forwards

Do the lions have a matchup for him? Could be his breakout game. Was good last sat but am expecting him to kick a bag this week. Brisbane leak goals to small forwards
No. The bag will come the week after v the Dons. When they start Saad on him. Bookmark it

I'll be honest, I really don't care if he plays or not.

Nothing against Chad, but I honestly don't see us winning a GF this year anymore. (Love to be wrong)

I always see us winning a GF in the future so at the moment that is next year now... and I expect Chad will be part of that.

If having this week/year helps that... I'm for it.

Surely the more he plays this year, the better he learns the way we play and we learn better about how he plays?

Surely the more he plays this year, the better he learns the way we play and we learn better about how he plays?

Same poster who said we should start tanking because Scrimshaw is injured. Not exactly analysis to take seriously.

I've said it since we got him - Wingard to the midfield is the best thing for the team overall.

70/30 midfield forward.
Glad the coach is finally taking my calls.

If we want a midfield that can compete with Collingwood, Richmond, etc we need about 12 guys that can roll through. Not just as good midfielders but excellent in their resting role as well.

Wingaz - wot a champ.

I've said it since we got him - Wingard to the midfield is the best thing for the team overall.

70/30 midfield forward.
Glad the coach is finally taking my calls.

If we want a midfield that can compete with Collingwood, Richmond, etc we need about 12 guys that can roll through. Not just as good midfielders but excellent in their resting role as well.

Wingaz - wot a champ.
The plan was always for him to be in the midfield, he just had to build up the fitness after having a limited pre-season.

The plan was always for him to be in the midfield, he just had to build up the fitness after having a limited pre-season.

It really wasn't dude. Clarko has been on the record so many times about this, he was brought in to play in the forward half. High half forward perhaps. This was where he was All-Australian and a top 5 talent.

Wingard will be, hopefully, a dynamic forward, pinch hitting at times in the middle, when we are in a position to next contend. That will be because we have Mitchell back and maybe Coniglio or another midfielder we land.

Wingard as a midfielder is a good player sure. But he isn't going to be a top 15 talent in that area. Wingard as a forward, on past potential, could be one of the biggest match winners in the game.

His confidence has been clearly down, so getting him around the ball getting touches I suspect was more about that last weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back